Todai

1910 Ala Moana Blvd
Honolulu, HI 96815-1829

Neighborhoods: Waikiki
Cuisine: Seafood, Buffet, Asian

Todai is a Seafood, Buffet, and Asian restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Overall
Pros
"It's been a while I haven't been back to this restaurant but all I remember is that their food are delicious specially their sushi bar. "
Cons
"The service"
QB
Todai 4.0

The restaurant serves Japanese cuisine buffet style. The ...

The restaurant serves Japanese cuisine buffet style. The set up is really nice. You can either enter from the street or from the parking garage. At the entrance, the host/hostess will take you to your seat and ask for your order on drinks. From there, you are free to serve yourself.

There are 5 stations: Rolls, Main course, Tempura, Salad, and Dessert

Rolls is where you choose your sushi and sashimi. There is a large variety there, but if you don’t like what you see, you can order customized rolls. I don’t really care for sushi or sashimi so I did not try anything from this station.

Main course is where you would pick up your rice, noodles, and meat dishes like ribs, chicken, fish, and beef. The steamed rice is cooked perfectly, not too sticky and not too dry. I then had the miso soup. Definitley must have. It is a perfect blend of tofu, seaweed, water and seasonings. I only tried the fish. They had salmon and mahimahi. The salmon was a little dry and the mahimahi was too spicy for me (but I don’t like spicy, so spicy lovers might like it.)

At the tempura station, they had temupra shrimp and oysters. They also had roast beef and pork there too. The tempura comes with the traditional tempura sauce, or you can have tartar sauce. The roast beef and pork came with a dark mushroom gravy. I had the gravy on my rice, it was good.

My favorite station was the salad station. There was a variety of fresh greens and garden vegetables for you to create your own salad. They also had crab legs, oysters, and fruits. You are limited to only three salad dressings though.

The desserts station is by far the cutest. They have a variety of pies and cakes cut into tiny pieces that can be picked up with chopsticks.

My only advise regarding the entire restaurant is to make sure you read the little signs above each selection, that way you won’t be surprised by things like tofu cheesecake.

dkr photo

dkr

Honolulu, HI
Todai 1.0

Terrible Experience

Should have read recent reviews, but Todai had been a wonderful place in the past. Unfortunately, Todai Waikiki was the most disgusting experience I’ve had in a long time. Todai Waikiki used to be the best Todai of all, but since they have new ownership the place has gone downhill to the extreme. In a word GROSS!!! The food was mediocre at best & used to be terrific. The place was filthy…carpet was the worst! We never saw our server after initial seating & drinks. Had to bus our own table. Had to track down someone for more water. Had to track down our server to get the bill. No longer honor senior discount. Server didn’t care. Manager didn’t care. In the meantime twice while we were there, full tour buses dropped off & picked up passengers. Why should management care when they can feed a busload of hungry tourists & never have to see them again. It’s an insult to local people who frequented Todai repeatedly over the years.

Todai 4.0

Todai offers the best for the money

One of my favorite places to eat in Honolulu is the Todai restaurant. The people that work there are very helpful and nice. The food is to die for, especially I love the desserts. You can try all the desserts since they come in little bite sized pieces. They have so many entrees for you to choose from including all the meats you can imagine. If you are a seafood lover, you will be in heaven. My favorites are the chicken and fish dishes. The presentation is incredible. I also love the crepes. You can choose whatever filling you want and they make it for you while you watch. The fruit is plentiful and fresh. I love to go there for special occasions.

Salmon

The salmon is cooked perfectly and comes with multiple sides. I always have to get the salmon whether I go just for short meal or intend to stay for the buffet. Can’t go wrong.

Seafood Buffet Good For Kids

Todai  Restaurant Reviews

• 04/05/2013 - A diner tried it and liked it.
  • 05/25/2013 - A diner from Honolulu, HI tried it.
  • 08/12/2013 - A diner from Honolulu, HI tried it and liked it. They liked the food and liked the service.
  • 08/24/2013 - A diner from Honolulu, HI tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
    Pros: 'It's been a while I haven't been back to this restaurant but all I remember is that their food are delicious specially their sushi bar. '
    Cons: 'The service'
  • 11/19/2013 - A diner from Honolulu, HI tried it.
  • 12/19/2013 - A diner from Waipahu, HI tried it.
  • 03/28/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 04/16/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it and liked it.
  • 07/27/2014 - A diner from Burbank, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 08/23/2014 - A diner from Mountain View, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They didn't like the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 12/28/2014 - A diner tried it and liked it. They liked the food.
  • 02/10/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, didn't like it, and rated it 1 star. They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and liked the ambiance.
Todai is located near the cities of Waikiki and Fort Shafter.
People found this by searching for: Todai Waikiki Menu, Todai Menu Waikiki, Todai Restaurant, Waikiki, Todai Menu, Todai Waikiki, Todai Honolulu, Todai Restaurant Honolulu, and Todai Honolulu Menu.