310-473-2627

2021 Sawtelle ( )

Los Angeles, CA 90025

Neighborhoods: West Los Angeles

View Hours
Description: Tofu Ya is a Korean and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid less than $10, and tipped between 15% to 18%.
Tags: Tofu, Korean, Takeout, Parking, Good For Kids, Casual, Dinner, Street Parking, Sawtelle, and Lunch
  • 2 dishes entered by diners at Tofu Ya
Tips:
  • Vegetarians will delight at the selection of meatless dishes, but carnivores are not ignored--ample Korean BBQ options are found on the menu.

Reviews for Tofu Ya

• 3 reviews
  • First reviewed by john

3.0

Just so-so soon tofu

Apparently there aren’t many korean tofu places in the Sawtelle area, because this place was pretty busy on the evening I went. We had to wait about 20 minutes for a table for 3.

Tofu Ya occupies a small space on Sawtelle next to a ramen restaurant and some quirky japanese shops. The decor is pleasant and ethnic, but not overly spectacular. Service was quick and efficient.

Perhaps it was just what I ordered, but I wasn’t overly impressed with Tofu Ya’s dishes. My dining companions seemed happier about their choices, so next time I’ll give those a try.

Given the lack of tofu restaurants in the area, I’ll definitely be back to try something different.

Kimchi Soon Tofu

Way too much kimchi and kimchi juice made this extra sour and tart. I couldn’t taste the meat or the other spices in the dish. Additionally, the dish came out just mildly hot instead of boiling hot, which made adding an extra egg for flavor a difficult proposition.

Tofu Ya

Poor customer service and unsanitary place

First impressions last and unfortunately I had the displeasure of coming here. I’ve told friends who asked about this place not to come here. Some short guy who greeted us was really rude and deserved to be punched out. If I come here again and see him I might punch his little stupid ass out! I don’t appreciate driving here finding pain in the ass parking then be greeted by a little rude troll.

Place looks dirty too so we left after troll was so damn rude to me and my family.

crap

August 11, 2009

Tofu Ya is K-Town in WLA

This restaurant is probably the most traditional Korean style eatery on the Westside. Gotta love the "all you can eat" small dish appetizers that come up front. The combo is what we come for, Stone bowls of tofu with seafood and an order…

Tofu Ya is located near the cities of Civic Center Little Tokyo, Sanford, Dockweiler, Windsor Hills, and August F Haw.
People found this by searching for: Tofu Ya Sawtelle, Tofu Ya Sawtelle Menu, Tofuya Menu Sawtelle, Korean Tofu Restaurant In Hollywood Los Angeles, Tofu Ya Menu, Tofu Ya, Tofuya Menu, Tofuya Sawtelle, and Tofuya Sawtelle Menu.

Bntskfsr