706-629-9666

201 W Belmont Dr ( )

Calhoun, GA 30701-3028

Description: Tokyo Steak House is a Japanese, Asian, and Steak restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid less than $10, and tipped less than 15%.
Tags: Japanese, Parking, Good For Kids, Dinner, Asian, Steak, Sushi, Vegetarian, Chopstick, and Bland Food
  • 3 dishes entered by diners at Tokyo Steak House

Reviews for Tokyo Steak House

3.0

only sushi in town

Enjoyed the vegatarian sushi. Loved the soup. Was told by friends who ate with me that the rice and noodle dishes lacked the good taste offered by the noodle shop in the opposing kroger shopping center. other than the open arguing between the blond waitress and another girl it was a nice environment. bathrooms were clean and well done.

vegatable roll

yummy sushi rolls, liked the jade and vegetable rolls specificallyl

Tokyo Steak House

My companion and I tried this restaurant a week before Christmas. We had gone for lunch, but it was too crowded and very noisy. We stopped back for dinner and ordered a jumbo shrimp dinner and a chicken dinner. The menu said they came with miso soup, a salad and a fortune cookie.

The soup was tasty, however the serving bowls were so tiny, the waiter spilled the soup on the table and did not wipe it up. He left it to us to do so. I was left wanting more soup. The salad was lettuce and a slice of onion served in a tiny bowl. The dressing was not offered, but when asked, we were told we could use the white dressing on the table (in a squeeze bottle – unlabeled) or ginger dressing. We ordered the ginger on the side. We were brought one bowl of ginger. I asked what the white dressing was and was told it was sort of a mayonnaise based dressing that everyone liked. I tried it and it was Thousand Island. The dinner came and it contained mostly rice. I found no jumbo shrimp but several small shrimp which were overcooked. We were not offered a variety of sauces as is the norm with most good Japanese restaurants. The food was tasteless. I noticed a bottle of soy sauce on the table and doused my food with that and ginger and asked for terriyaki sauce. The woman brought out a tiny bowl of a yellow terriyaki sauce which was not to my liking, but I threw that on the rice too. I needed flavor or something to make the meal taste other than bland hospital food. We were hungry so we ate what we could and took the rest home to doctor up with other sauces. We realized we had no chopsticks but didn’t receive them until we asked and the meal was over. We took them home to eat with. I guess they assume we don’t know how to use them.

We were told they did not have any fortune cookies and that was an old menu. This restaurant just opened, so how could this be the old menu?

The owner came in with a take out of hot wings and sat at the small sushi bar and began to eat. He asked if everything was okay and I was honest and told him no, it had no taste. He said his restaurant was better than the two others and proceeded to tell me their names and locations! First rule of thumb, do not knock the competition. Rule 2, do not eat take out from another restaurant in your own restaurant, especially in front of customers. He wanted us to try the sushi bar but said we had to pay. He asked if we would return and I hesitated and said maybe. I won’t go back.

There were only 6 customers for dinner. A mother, father and two small children and my companion and myself.

All in all, I’d give this a one star rating – would have given less, except there are no negative stars. I could have gotten better Japanese food from the grocery store shelves.

Jumbo Shrimp dinner

bland and tasteless.

Chicken dinner

bland and tasteless

I love this place!

I don’t know where mamadiditagain dined but it must have not been at the same Japanese restaurant. I have eaten many things from the menu of Tokyo Steakhouse of Calhoun and never once has any of them been remotely close to “bland.” On the contrary, it has all been delicious! There is one waitress who is quite the jerk though. I’m not sure if she is an owner / owner’s wife (kinda think she is the way she acts). But the food is great and if I have to put up with her to eat there, it’s worth it.

4.0

Tasty

My wife and I love it. We eat there often. They have wonderful sauces to add to your meal if you like. Nice decor, friendly, quick service. It is good to have new restaurants like this in Calhoun.

Chicken dinner

Very good. Chicken, rice and veggies.

April 15, 2010

just so so

The food was just ok, but the cooks were not very friendly. In this type of resturant the performance of the cooks is what makes the package complete.

People found this by searching for: Tokyo Calhoun Ga, Tokyo Steakhouse Calhoun, Tokyo Steakhouse Menu Calhoun Ga, Tokyo Steakhouse Calhoun Ga, Tokyo In Calhoun Ga, Tokyo Restaurant Calhoun Ga, Tokyo Calhoun Ga Menu, and Tokyo Calhoun.

• star rating
Sub Delites

Link to Tokyo Steak House

Tokyo Steak House  Restaurant Reviews

Overall:  100%  Food:  100%  Service:  80%  Ambiance:  80%
Pros
  •  "The staff is rude, but seems to be improving. Ate there tonight and was running to the bathroom as soon as I hit the door. I has the shrimp and scallops. Shrimp was so over done and the scallops were ok. Some over done some not done enough. "