Tomo Sushi

806 Delsea Dr N
Glassboro, NJ 08028-1438

Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese, American

Tomo Sushi is a Sushi, Japanese, and American restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Overall
Pros
"Best tasting sushi"
"Very Fresh and authentic but creative rolls"
Cons
_ghost_ photo

_ghost_

Washington Twp, NJ

Outstanding Sushi!

I have been to a number of sushi restaurants in the area, some mediocre and most very good. At the suggestion of a friend to try his favorite, over a year ago I tried Tomo. Tomo has become my favorite as well. Since then I have eaten there many times, about two or three times a month. The food is excellant, fresh, well prepared, service is always very good. And the sushi buffet, offered every day, is a bargain. The selection is larger than other buffets offered in the area. Bring a bottle of sake and experience a treat!

IMHO, the negative comment on here is obviously a competitor or troll. Everyone I have referred to Tomo has been as pleased as I am.

Dynamite photo

Dynamite

Blackwood, NJ

Top Shelf Sushi!

I’ve been to this place countless times, having lived nearby for a year. Everything I’ve had here has been fantastic, and I didn’t even like sushi when I started coming here. The staff is friendly and the owner is a great guy, the food is fresh and it always tastes great. Have NEVER gotten sick from here, and neither has my boyfriend, who’s been going there for years.

Dynamite Roll

Favorite roll on the menu, so so good!

Shrimp Tempura

Big shrimp, nice and crispy.

Shrimp Teriyaki

The shrimp are huge! The sauce they make is so tasty, and the presentation is great.

Pepper Tuna

Favorite non-cooked roll, spicy and delicious.

Ice Cream Tempura

Get this every time. The ice cream is a nice compliment to the sweet batter they use. So tasty!

mandahop photo

mandahop

Philadelphia, PA

Best in South Jersey?

I started dining at Tomo two years ago, and rapidly became a regular. You can’t beat the taste, the service or the PRICES. I have been looking all over South Jersey and Philadelphia for Tomo’s equal and have yet to find anything close!

I have to add that I credit Tomo with converting me from 22 years of strict vegetarianism to a raw fish junkie!

Pepper Tuna

I usually order the nigiri, not the maki, but it is simply delicious either way! Lightly seared, crusted with black pepper and served with a drizzle of tangy mayo sauce.

Unagi

Some of the best freshwater eel I have ever had. The sauce is delicious, and it is always well cooked. I recommend the nigiri, or the unagi/avocado maki.

Vegetable Udon Soup

An excellent comfort food. Served with tempura of your choice. The portion is quite large, it is best to split between two people (or take some home).

Shumai

Steamed shrimp dumplings. I could eat a hundred of them. The app consists of 6 pieces, the all-you-can-eat portion is 4.

Yellowtail Nigiri

Always fresh, served with scallion. One of my favorites.

Noodlestein photo

Noodlestein

Brooklawn, NJ

A Real Gem

This is one of the best sushi restaurants I’ve ever eaten at. The food that is consistently fresh, well presented and delicious. Despite the other review listed here, I’ve never gotten sick from eating there, and I eat there at least once a week. Do yourself a favor and check this place out! It’s cheap prices and wonderful food make it a can’t be missed experience.

CCEJ photo

CCEJ

Glassboro, NJ
Tomo Sushi 1.0

Good Tasting But Hours of Misery Following

I have eaten here 3 times and have ended up awfully sick following each time. The food TASTES good, but the after-effects aren’t worth it. I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, but come on! THREE times? No coincidence. Others have reported the same experience to me as I have had.

Yo Tofu Soup

Made me sick for hours afterwards.

Vegetable Tempura

Made me very sick! Also very small portion for the price

Japenese Sushi Japanese

Tomo Sushi  Restaurant Reviews

• 03/11/2013 - A diner from Baltimore, MD tried it and liked it.
  • 04/12/2013 - A diner from Brooklyn, NY tried it.
  • 04/12/2013 - A diner from Sicklerville, NJ tried it.
  • 04/13/2013 - A diner from King Of Prussia, PA tried it.
  • 04/14/2013 - A diner from Sewell, NJ tried it and liked it.
  • 09/21/2013 - A diner from Philadelphia, PA tried it.
  • 10/11/2013 - A diner from Brooklyn, NY tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
    Pros: 'Very Fresh and authentic but creative rolls'
  • 02/06/2014 - A diner from New York, NY tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 06/05/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
    Pros: 'Best tasting sushi'
    Cons: 'None'
  • 07/24/2014 - A diner from New York, NY tried it.
  • 12/10/2014 - A diner from New York, NY tried it.
  • 01/25/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it and liked it. They liked the food.
  • 03/30/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.
  • 04/19/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
Tomo Sushi is located near the cities of Pitman, South Harrison, Clayton, Richwood, and Elk Twp.
People found this by searching for: Tomo Sushi Glassboro Nj, Tomo Sushi Deptford, Tomo Sushi Glassboro, Tomo Sushi Glassboro Menu, Tomo In Glassboro, Tomorrow Sushi Glassboro, Tomo Sushi Menu Glassboro, Tomo Glassboro, and Tomo Sushi Nj.