Toucan Taco

5.0 rating over 1 review
315 Gorman Ave
Laurel, MD 20707-4707

Cuisine: Mexican, Tex-mex

Toucan Taco is a Mexican and Tex-mex restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

Fred4Tippys photo

Fred4Tippys

Baltimore, MD
Toucan Taco 5.0

It's not for everybody but... I LOVE this place!!

I’ve been coming here since way back in the late 1970’s, when it was still Tippy’s Tacos (my family still calls it Tippy’s)! I live in Baltimore, and don’t get down there as often as I’d like.

I have to say right off the bat that this place is NOT for everybody. If you’re looking for “authentic Mexican” food, then this place is not for you. If you’re looking for a “Latin American” restaurant, then this place is not for you. If you’re looking for anything remotely resembling a “fancy restaurant,” then this place is not for you. IF, however, you’re looking for some really great, if admittedly non-complex, Tex-Mex food, then I’d strongly suggest you at least give this place a shot.

My absolute favorite: the sunken meat burrito. Very yummy, and I LOVE the mystery gravy! Next favorite would be the meat tacos. The chili con queso is possibly the best I’ve ever had, and while I like the hot sauce in the big generic ketchup/mustard squeeze containers, I just wish it were hotter. I love the food so much, I usually end up ordering a combo dinner then, sitting back wondering what else I might order since I’m not sure how long it will be before I’m back….

Sunken Beef Burrito

A big, fat beef burrito, smothered in spicy Mexican gravy and cheese, then baked to a perfect yumminess!

Mexican Tex-mex Good For Kids

Toucan Taco  Restaurant Reviews

• 01/26/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it and liked it.
Toucan Taco is located near the cities of Southern Md Facility, North Laurel, South Laurel, Maryland City, and Savage Guilford.
People found this by searching for: Toucan Taco Queso Recipe, Toucan Taco Queso Dip Recipe, Toucan Taco, Toucan Taco Reviews, Tucan Taco Laural Md, Tippys Taco Secret Queso Recipe, and Toucan Taco Menu.