Trolley House

1821 E Warm Springs Ave
Boise, ID 83712-8146

Neighborhoods: East End
Cuisine: Breakfast

Trolley House is a Breakfast restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped less than 15%.

julz0412 photo

julz0412

Trolley House 1.0

Horrible Service, Bad Food and uncomfortable chairs

The kids and I just went to breakfast and our pancakes tasted like a very heavy dose of eggs – couldn’t taste anything but egg, I honestly couldn’t eat it. I called the waitress over and said, “All we taste is egg” and she said, "What? Let me see and grabs my son’s fork, cut off a piece of his pancake, then used her fingers to get it off his plate and ate it and said, “It taste just fine”. The three of us are just starting at her in disbelief and it took a while for me to reply, “Well, we think it taste like egg” and she said, “Nope, it takes just fine” and walked away. I was not offered an apology, a new pancake, nor a discount off my bill. Plus, the chairs are horribly uncomfortable.

SuzieQ photo

SuzieQ

Trolley House 5.0

Breakfast

Trolley House is located on the East end of historic Warm Springs Ave, near the Botanical Gardens and Old Pen. This small brick building is on the historical register from it’s days as the trolly house until the 1920’s. There are only about 20 tables, and they seem to be busy all the time. They are open 7am to 3pm and have both a breakfast and lunch menu.

Take cash. A few months ago they quit taking credit cards, and now only accept cash or checks. They do have an on-site ATM that they manage and I’ve seen it run out of cash on more than one occasion (There is a grocery store next door where you can get cashback for free with a purchase instead of paying the ATM fee.)

The portions are huge and the food is always served hot. Consider splitting an entre with someone else, then you can afford to go twice as often. I always order the same thing (Salmon Benedict). In addition to the normal breakfast meat choices, they also have Chorizo.

Salmon Benedict

Half an English muffin, topped with a 3 oz portion of grilled salmon, a poached egg, Hollandaise sauce and capers. A full order has two, half order ($7) one, plus a hearty portion of hashbrowns. Even on a busy day, hashbrowns are served at least mostly golden and crispy.

Number 2

The 12 year old ordered this: 2 slices of bacon, 1 egg and 1 pancake. The pancake was 12" across, 1/2 inch thick and hanging off the plate. She was in heaven and brought half of it home for later. She was too full to eat the eggs – and the scrambled portion was at least 2.

Ham Omlette

Another moster portion. A thin layer of eggs were rolled up burrito style around about a pound of ham. The omelette was about 10" long and 4" wide. Even the big guy found this to be too much food and brought half of it home along with 1 slice of sourdough toast.

Rhino4 photo

Rhino4

Trolley House 1.0

Poor Food and even Worse Service

Went there today (8/16/2009) with family. Horrible service – extremely slow, rude, and messed up the orders – spilled food on me -twice. Filthy tables, chairs, silverware and glasses – had to fight off many flies the whole time (yes this was inside). I guess the health department never visits . . . Mediocre food and drink. I used to think it was one of the better places in town . . . Do not waste your time and money – nor risk your health. Will not return!

Breakfast Pancakes Benedicts

Trolley House  Restaurant Reviews

• 07/04/2014 - A diner tried it.
  • 11/08/2014 - A diner from Seattle, WA tried it.
  • 12/20/2014 - A diner tried it.
Trolley House is located near the cities of Garden City.
People found this by searching for: Trolley House Boise, Trolley Restaurant, Boise,Id, Trolley House Boise Menu, Trolley House Boise Id, Trolley House Boise Idaho, The Trolley Boise Idaho, The Trolley House Boise, and Men For Trolley House Restaurant, Boise,, Idaho.