503-674-5499

$25 Gift Certificate
Your Price: $10

Buy Now 60% off »
Image-5836378-10451612
Description: Trufflehunter is a American, Home Style, and Sandwiches restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.
Tags: American, Home Style, OpenTable, Troutdale, Good for groups, Good For Kids, Sandwiches, Downtown Gresham, Takeout, and Homestyle Meals
  • 5 dishes entered by diners at Trufflehunter

From OpenTable:

Our restaurant is all about homemade cooking from scratch! We serve the biggest and best sandwiches on homemade bread with our delicious Hungrarian soup. Our desserts will make your taste buds be happy you stopped by. If your desire is dinner we have amazing Yankee Pot Roast and Turkey dinners. Eating on the light side? Got some fabulous salads. Come check us out!

Owner? Claim The Menu

Reviews for Trufflehunter

Great Food, Large Portions

I give the food 5 stars, the service was more like 3. The Truffle Hunter is a small restaurant in an old historic house. The service was a little slow, but the restaurant was buzzing, at about 1pm. The food is American: sandwiches, burgers, salads, steak, etc. I ordered “The Stash” which is a cold roast beef sandwich, and it was sooo good! My mom ordered the mushroom burger and said it was really good. The portions are humongous. One meal could easily serve two people. We also shared an order of their beer battered fries, which were pretty good. Their bread is homemade and so tasty! The restaurant was decorately nicely, but the dinning room was a little loud. Not too bad, but definitely not quiet. I have also heard that the desserts are really good, but we did not save room to try any.

The Stash

Worth every penny of the price. This cold roast beef sandwhich is made with homemade bread. You have a choice of breads, I chose sourdough. It’s made with cream cheese and some kind of mayo which are both really tasty. It also has lettuce and tomato. It was served with potato chips. The portion is huge. Just half of the sandwhich is like a really large sandwich, so times that by two! I took half home to enjoy later.

Add/Show Comments (1)

Excellent homestyle fare...

We enjoy dining here in Winter on dark and gloomy days. The comfort food served here is mouth watering and the portions are large. They serve pastas, wonderful hot and cold sandwiches and a varied selection of steaks. In our minds they are most well known for their Yankee Pot Roast and Slow Roasted Turkey. Like I said…comfort food.

The atmosphere is pleasant and homey as it is in an old residence. When busy you feel in tight quarters although everyone is always pleasant like a big happy family.

We have never experienced poor service and intend on going back a few times each winter.

2.0

I don't get it...

I honestly just don’t get all the love for this place. The food isn’t awful, it just reminds me of the meals we used to get when we’d go visit my grandma at her retirement home. Just bland, generic, inoffensive American food. Their “specialty” mushroom soup seriously underwhelmed me and the “homemade” bread was dry and day-old tasting. I’ve only been there a couple of times but haven’t had anything that made me want to go back. Maybe it’s more of a nostalgia thing for some people? The atmosphere is nice, I guess, if you’re into that kind of thing.

Hungarian Mushroom Soup

Underwhelming…and this is what they’re named for?

Quaint Home Restaurant

This restaurant looks like an old house remodeled and made into a quaint little restaurant. It has a beautiful atmosphere with beautiful decorations, tables with lacy clothes and the entire seating area is like dining in an old-fashioned home. The lunch menu’s main attraction is the unique sandwiches made on giant peices of home-made bread made by the restaurant on a daily basis with a different specialty flavor every day along with 3-4 traditional flavors to choose from. In the evening there are many homestyle meals served, such as “Yankee Pot Roast”, “Fish and Chips”, “Meatloaf”, and many other’s served as if Grandma was serving her favorite Sunday Dinner for a big family. Be prepared for this restaurant to be very busy at regular lunch and dinner hours. However long the line is to be seated, it is well worth the wait. Servings are large and the food is exquisite!

Fish and Beer Battered Fries

This dish is served with 4 large fish fillets of halibut and a large order of beer-battered Fries. Tarter Sauce and a lemon wedge is served on the side. It is also served with a side garden salad and a home-made roll. This was way more food than I could eat at once. It was fresh, hot and delicious! The fish was moist and juicy and the fries uniquely prepared and abundant. I enjoyed it completely.

Good Place to Eat in Gresham

We had lunch today at TruffleHunter. First time I had been there and first time in a long time for my fella. My goodness. The sandwich was outstanding, the bread delicious and huge! We brought half of our sandwiches home. Add the Garlic Fries and it’s a meal and a half. Plan on going there much more often. Prices are quite reasonable for the amount of food that you are provided. Highly recommended.

The Queen (sandwich)

The bread was fresh and wonderfully seasoned. The Garlic Fries were so yummy. It’s a big, big portion and thick bread. Well worth a trip to downtown Gresham.

Great Service, Great Food

The Minuette Sandwich is my favorite and their sourdough bread isn’t sour – it’s awesome! Another favorite is their stuffed potato. A full meal in itself.

Minuette

Great sandwich – big enough for two people – sourdough bread is the best!

Like going to Grammas House

Country cooking at it’s best, great service, good prices— what more could you ask for?

September 3, 2011

Very Poor attitude overall

Upon entering gal was not friendly and left me standing as I am handi caped. Took forever to check out as her counting her money was more important than our service.

May 28, 2011

Bland food- "We don't care" attitude

Started out great, nice atmosphere, friendly hostess. Garlic Fries appetizer was great but swimming in a pool of oil at the bottom. Clam chowder and Hungarian Mushroom soups were amazing. The greatness ended there. Grilled Salmon was dry…

Trufflehunter is located near the cities of Centennial, Gresham Northeast, Gresham North Central, Wood Village, and Fairview.
People found this by searching for: Truffle Hunter Restaurant Menu, Trufflehunter Gresham, Truffle Hunter Menu, Rafullhunter In Gresham, Truffle Hunter Gresham, Truffle Hunter, Www.Trufflehuntermenu Gresham Oregon, Truffle Hunter Gresham Menu, and Trufflehunter Gresham Or.

Featured in Gresham

Gaaovbsp

Link to Trufflehunter

Trufflehunter  Restaurant Reviews

Overall:  97%  Food:  100%  Service:  90%  Ambiance:  85%
Pros
  •  "The atmosphere is Lovely. I have eaten there from time to time for 32 years. The pies are fantastic. The sandwiches are incredible and big enough to share. They are served homemade bread . I really like the homemade potato chips."
  •  "Best sandwiches"
  •  "Everything"
  •  "Fabulous "
  •  "Food atmosphere service "
Cons
  •  "The service was slow and the waitress seemed put out when I asked for homemade chips instead of French fries with my School Break Sandwich. It has cream cheese, peanut butter , and raspberry jam. Delicious , but not with fries.I did not know that chips we"
  •  "None"
Comments
  •  "The cozy and warm environment cannot be beat if you are looking for a quiet place to enjoy a fantastic lunch. The menu has variety and the sandwiches are served on homemade bread. The iced tea is delightful. Bright and clean tasting. It is not my favorite"
  •  "Very pleasant restaurant. "