612-920-7777

3118 W Lake St ( )

Minneapolis, MN 55416

Neighborhoods: Cedar-Isles-Dean

View Hours
Description: Tryg's is a American, Kid's Menu, and Salads restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped more than 18%.
Tags: American, Kid's Menu, Salads, Seafood, Sandwiches, American (New), Good for groups, Takeout, Eclectic, and Casual Elegant
  • 1 dish entered by diners at Tryg's
  • 1 user loves Tryg's
Tips:
  • The bar is open from 11am to 1am Sunday to Wednesday and from 11am to 2am Thursday to Saturday. The bar menu is available until 1am.
  • Daily happy hours offer half-price well drinks and beer. Mon-Fri 4:30pm-6:30pm.

From OpenTable:

Tryg’s is the complete dining experience! It embodies both the comforts of Minnesota and the urban chic of its surroundings through unique touches evident in the physical space and American fare with a unique twist. Upon arriving, dining guests are greeted by impressive architecture and innovative design that is capable of providing each diner with the dining experience they desire. The blazing fireplace in the entrance will make every guest feel at home. Whether you are the culinary critic, a wine aficionado, a private party or semi-private diner, Tryg’s has the setting to accommodate you, and the food to keep you coming back. Tryg’s menu is carefully considered with both recognizable and exceptional cuisine, prepared with the freshest ingredients and tantalizing sauces. We have a beautiful wood-burning rotisserie and grill which is the focus of the menu. There is also an outdoor fire pit overlooking Lake Calhoun that highlights Tryg’s casual, relaxed atmosphere.

Owner? Claim The Menu

Reviews for Tryg's

Editorial Review by Gayot »

Tryg's Misses the Mark

I wanted to like Tryg’s, I really did. The interior is beautiful with the high ceilings and dark colors. The staff is young and fresh and actually provide great service. I love the bar side especially now since they’ve brought back jazz on Sunday mornings. There is also seating and a fire pit on their patio. Overall, the place has the look, but the food leaves something to be desired.

I will say that they do have decent happy hour and some good specialty drinks. Also, my boyfriend loves the crab cakes benedict. I will admit that they are pretty tasty. However, my last couple breakfast choices at Tryg’s have been very bland and expensive for what I got. The chicken florentine was very beige and watery, something you don’t want your eggs to be. It was very underseasoned and had really no taste at all. I even tried sriracha sauce on it to spice it up (I put that on everything), but it didn’t help. The popovers (which I was very excited about) were even a disappointment. They were dry and hard, not buttery and eggy or fresh.

On another visit for happy hour a large group of us decided to try some appetizers. The appetizers were decent, but came only 2 to a plate and the portions were really small. For what you got the prices were way too high. It would have also been helpful to know that ordering just 3 or so wouldn’t feed our table of 7, but we were not warned.

It’s too bad that I haven’t had a good food experience at Tryg’s yet. They have a great location and many other good things going for them, but their food quality makes a lot of that other stuff obsolete. I’ve never had dinner there, so maybe that’s better? Can anyone tell me? Until then I probably won’t be back to Tryg’s, at least for breakfast.

Add/Show Comments (1)

Excellent meal at Tryg's

We hadn’t been to this restaurant for years but I remember enjoying our meal when we tried Tryg’s a few years ago, so I bought a Groupon when it came out. This restaurant is not on my travel path so we had to make a special trip here but what a great place and our meals were excellent! We had very good service and enjoyed the ambiance of the place. I recommend it. And they serve popovers! Yum!

salmon

Excellent!

Add/Show Comments (1)

November 27, 2012

Great Service

Great service and personality. We had a fantastic time here and the service was great.

November 27, 2012

Everything tasted great we always enjoy coming here. We just love the diversity of the menu and the atmosphere.\r

November 19, 2012

Special

The new and exciting specials is a must try. Great prices and friendly services.

Tryg's is located near the cities of St Anthony, Saint Anthony, St Anthony, St Louis Park, and Robbinsdale.
People found this by searching for: Tryg's Reviews, Tryg's Restaurant Minneapolis, Trygs Menu, Tryg's Menu, Tryg S Restaurant Mn, Trygs Restaurant Mn, and Trygs May.

Featured in Minneapolis