Neighborhoods: Cedar-Isles-Dean
Cuisine: American, Kid's Menu, Salads

Tryg's is a American, Kid's Menu, and Salads restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped more than 18%.

BananaWoo photo

Minneapolis, MN

Tryg's Misses the Mark

I wanted to like Tryg’s, I really did. The interior is beautiful with the high ceilings and dark colors. The staff is young and fresh and actually provide great service. I love the bar side especially now since they’ve brought back jazz on Sunday mornings. There is also seating and a fire pit on their patio. Overall, the place has the look, but the food leaves something to be desired.

I will say that they do have decent happy hour and some good specialty drinks. Also, my boyfriend loves the crab cakes benedict. I will admit that they are pretty tasty. However, my last couple breakfast choices at Tryg’s have been very bland and expensive for what I got. The chicken florentine was very beige and watery, something you don’t want your eggs to be. It was very underseasoned and had really no taste at all. I even tried sriracha sauce on it to spice it up (I put that on everything), but it didn’t help. The popovers (which I was very excited about) were even a disappointment. They were dry and hard, not buttery and eggy or fresh.

On another visit for happy hour a large group of us decided to try some appetizers. The appetizers were decent, but came only 2 to a plate and the portions were really small. For what you got the prices were way too high. It would have also been helpful to know that ordering just 3 or so wouldn’t feed our table of 7, but we were not warned.

It’s too bad that I haven’t had a good food experience at Tryg’s yet. They have a great location and many other good things going for them, but their food quality makes a lot of that other stuff obsolete. I’ve never had dinner there, so maybe that’s better? Can anyone tell me? Until then I probably won’t be back to Tryg’s, at least for breakfast.

LKL photo

Minneapolis, MN

Excellent meal at Tryg's

We hadn’t been to this restaurant for years but I remember enjoying our meal when we tried Tryg’s a few years ago, so I bought a Groupon when it came out. This restaurant is not on my travel path so we had to make a special trip here but what a great place and our meals were excellent! We had very good service and enjoyed the ambiance of the place. I recommend it. And they serve popovers! Yum!

American Kid's Menu Salads
12:00AM - 12:00AM
Mon-Sat 11:00AM - 11:00PM
Sun 10:30AM - 02:30PM
Sun 04:30PM - 11:00PM

Tryg's  Restaurant Reviews

Tryg's is located near the cities of St Anthony and Saint Anthony.
People found this by searching for: Best Food At Trygs, Tryg's Restaurant Minneapolis, Tryg's Reviews, Tryg's Menu, Trygs Restaurant Mn, Trygs Menu, and Trygs May.