Tu Casa

Neighborhoods: Astoria
Cuisine: Caribbean, Peruvian, Latin American

Tu Casa is a Caribbean, Peruvian, and Latin American restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal.

"Bad service."
ivanb photo

Astoria, NY

Chorros a la plancha

I’ve been to this place several times, food is good, service very sleepy and uncaring, but i never went there for the service itself, so i kept going for the food and the nice atmosphere. I decided to have a little party at my place and called the restaurant to order some food to pick up the day after, a sunday. I spoke with the owner, a certain William, and after deciding what i wanted to get he ran up my check and told me it would be 249 dollars including tax. i asked him to wait a couple of minutes so i could get my credit card to pay, but he told me that if i wanted i could just stop by later and pay in person. i replied that i work until very late at night and i could come only by 11 or so and i wanted to make sure that the food could be ordered and be ready for the day after without delay. He said no problem, they were to be open until 1 am.
Sure enough i drop by the place at 1130 the same day and i ask a counter person with frames but no lenses (??) to pay for the food i ordered. He didn’t know anything about it and was kind of annoyed that he had to attend me while working on other deliveries. I explained the whole story to the bored guy who just replied “ok, ok, so what would you like?” Told him exactly what i ordered to his boss, he ringed up the bill which came out at 279. I told him that it must be some kind of mistake because i went through the bill with the owner and there was a different outcome. He replied “man, this is what the computer says, i don’t know what you may have been told, but this is the price……..unless you want to pay cash, i can void the tax and it will be 249…”
Are you kidding me? Last time i checked it wasn’t LEGAL offering customer a “discount” if they paid cash so they may avoid paying taxes!!!!
I tried to explain the exponentially bothered guy that this was not what we discussed and he just liquidated me with an “so you want to order or not?”
I declined and told him to tell William that for 20 bucks he lost 250 and a customer, but the fake glasses man just turned around and said “ok, have a good one…”
I can take rude staff and also bad organization, but what i don’t tolerate is a “chorro” like this guy.

Online Ordering Caribbean Peruvian

Tu Casa  Restaurant Reviews

• 09/12/2013 - A diner from Trenton, NJ tried it, didn't like it, and rated it 2 stars. They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.
    Pros: 'Nothing!'
    Cons: 'Bad service.'
    Comments: 'No'
Leng Thai & Asian Cuisine

Thai in Astoria-Long Island City

La Espiguita

Mexican in Astoria-Long Island City

Tu Casa is located near the cities of Steinway, East Harlem, Rybnik, Long Island City, and Sunnyside.
People found this by searching for: Tu Casa Astoria, Tu Casa On Steinway, Mi Casa Restaurant On Steinway, Tu Casa Restaurant Astoria, Tu Casa Steinway, Tu Casa Restaurant Steinway, and Tu Casa 30 10 Steinway.