Urban Belly

Neighborhoods: Avondale
Cuisine: Noodle Shop, Asian fusion, Gluten Free

Urban Belly is a Noodle Shop, Asian fusion, and Gluten Free restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

jinkwell photo

Gourmet Noodles

Is it the best gourmet noodle+dumpling joint I’ve ever been to? No. But to be fair, I was born and bred in Los Angeles, where handmade noodles and dumplings are plentiful across Japanese, Korean and Chinese restaurants. So, maybe I’m making an unfair comparison.

The food is pretty awesome. The pork ramen features chewy noodles with a rich, thick broth. And the dumplings are tasty, with interesting fillings and crispy wrappers. So…why just three stars? Why not go ahead and grant Urban Belly four stars? Good question.

I want to. Really, I do. There’s nothing wrong with the food or the concept. But it’s the price that’s been pinching me. I don’t mind forking out money for food. Hell, I’d gladly pay hundreds if I thought the meal was worth it. But I don’t believe ramen at Urban Belly is worth $10+. I’ve had better for far less, and it’s that memory that keeps haunting my wallet. I don’t know if I’ll be stopping by again. If I can’t find decent ramen in the city, I don’t suppose I have much of a choice, other than make my own.

Noodle Shop Good for groups Dinner

Urban Belly  Restaurant Reviews

Urban Belly is located near the cities of Pilsen, Armour Square, Near South Side, Mc Kinley Park, and Near West Side.
People found this by searching for: Urban Noodle Chicago, Urban Noodle, Urban Belly Restraunt In Chicago, Urban Belly Los Angeles, Urban Noodles Chicago, The Scale For The Avondale Map. 60618, and Urban Belly Menu.