201-823-0990

31 Cottage St ( )

Bayonne, NJ 07002-4334

Description: Venice Restaurant is a Specialty Soup & Sandwiches, American, and Italian restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go and tipped less than 15%.
Tags: Specialty Soup & Sandwiches, American, Italian, Good For Kids, Takeout, and Good for groups
  • 88 dishes entered by diners at Venice Restaurant
  • 1 user wants to eat at Venice Restaurant
  • 1 user loves Venice Restaurant

Reviews for Venice Restaurant

BETTER THAN EVER!!!!

I recently fond myself in my old hometown and the friends I was with asked for a recommendation for dinner. All I could remember was the Venice Restaurant from my early years. I told them “to this day I have never had a pie as good as the ones that the Venice made.” Well I walked in and it was like the smell was exacty as it was 30 years ago!!!! Without hesitation I ordered the famous Venice pie, an antipasto salad and a beer on tap (Just what I would have ordered after a hard week at St. Peter’s College with my friends). My friends went the more traditional route with a Chicken Parm dinner and Stuffed Shells.

To say the food here gets better with age is an understatement. The pie was thin and the sauce was delicious. We all sampled the hot dishes and shared the antipasto. Everything was great. The secret to great Italian dishes is the sauce (or the gravy as my Grama would call it). You can’t make food like this without the perfect sauce and believe me the Venice is still using the same great ingredients and keeping it simple. All this adds to the memories that you have of the place as a kid. Friday nights my Mom would call the Venice and I would walk the three blocks to pick up two large pies and a salad.

This is an old family restaurant that only the locals really know about and now I shared it with friends…old and new!!! Try it and you won’t be disappointed. Great service, nice ambiance but parking is still a nightmare. Some things never change and thank goodness one of them is The Venice in Bayonne, NJ.

Pizza

Thin crust and just like it was 30 years ago. Delicious!!! Worth the trip back to the old neighborhood.

Awful beyond Awful

This is a restaurant that I had been to many times as a child with my parents. It was the weekly “Friday night pizza” place where we go for pizza and play tunes on the juke box….Well, that was more than 40 years ago. How times have changed…or maybe my pallet? More recently, I had the “pleasure” of going back and this was the worst food I’ve had in a long, long, long, long time. And, don’t even think about ordering a drink other than a beer from the bottle at this place. Martinis are non-existant, or if they are, not done very well.

Eggplant Parmesan

The “red” sauce on the pasta was sour and grainy. And the salad before the meal had brown wilted greens.

Venice Restaurant is located near the cities of Jersey City.
People found this by searching for: The Venice Bayonne Nj, Venice Restaurant In Bayonne, Venice Pizzaria In Bayonne, New Jersey, The Venice Bayonne, The Venice Bayonne Nj Reviews, Venice Pizza Bayonne, Venice Restaurant Bayonne Nj, and Venice Restaurant Bayonne.

Andrew's Project
Thai O'Brien's Restaurant
Volcano Steakhouse
Mei Meis Chinese Mexican
Naples Pizzeria

Loves Venice Restaurant (1)

Link to Venice Restaurant

Venice Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

Overall:  100%  Food:  100%  Service:  90%  Ambiance:  77%
Pros
  •  "Great thin crust pizza!"