Vinnie's Pasta Bar

4.0 rating over 1 review

902-425-4435

5361 Inglis Street ( )

Halifax, NS

Description: Vinnie's Pasta Bar is a Pasta and Italian restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped less than 15%.
Tags: Downtown, Pasta, Italian, and Italian Restaurants
  • 2 dishes entered by diners at Vinnie's Pasta Bar
  • 1 user loves Vinnie's Pasta Bar

Overall: 100%    Food: 100%    Service: 100%    Ambiance: 100%
Pros

• "Food"
  • "Great food, great prices, great service :)"

Reviews for Vinnie's Pasta Bar

Vinnie's Pasta Bar

4.0

Amazing Food, mediocre customer service

Vinnie’s is an excellent little italian restaurant tucked into the south end of Halifax. This place has an unpretentious exterior. It is small, quaint, and cozy. Nothing spectacular in terms of the atmosphere. A lot of people opt for take-out because of it’s small size.

The absolute selling point for this hideaway is the value. Due to the fact that it’s tucked away, you wont find a thing on the menu for over $20. Not only that, pasta entree’s come with an option of salad or soup along with freshly baked bread! With most entree’s costing around $14 this means that you’re getting a ton of food for very little money.

I have a friend who has tried everything on the menu at least 15 times, which is why I had to go and try it out for myself. And I am glad I did.

We made a reservation 1 week in advance to ensure we would have a table for 5. After 2 hours the owner kicked us out because they needed a table. It was my first experience but not my last. I may opt for take-out next time to avoid the masses of couples glaring at us impatiently waiting for our table.

Grilled Chicken Penne with Basil Cream Sauce

Deeee-lish! I will order this again. The quality is really quite impressive. Grilled, sliced chicken breast atop of a heaping bowl-full of penne smothered in a creamy basil sauce served piping hot with fresh cracked pepper. The sauce was not too rich and well balanced with garlic, cream and fresh basil.

Casear Salad

Beware of the garlic…
I think they may have used a bulb instead of a clove. Opt for the spinach salad instead.