508-883-4934

52 Pulaski Blvd ( )

Bellingham, MA 02019-2717

Description: Vohn's Restaurant is a Vietnamese, Thai, and Lao restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.
Tags: Vietnamese, Thai, Good for groups, Takeout, Good For Kids, Delivery, Online Ordering, Bellingham/Woonsocket/Blackstone Delivery, Lao, and Asian
  • 1 dish entered by diners at Vohn's Restaurant

Overall: 100%    Food: 100%
Pros

• "Fast service , the food was real good "
Cons
  • "If there open a lil later "
Comments
  • "It's good food"

Reviews for Vohn's Restaurant

The freshest and BEST Southeast Asian cuisine in Southern,MA

Vohn’s restaurant is the newest entry in the Vietnamese\Southeast asian eateries popping up in Southern Mass. Its literally a stones throw away from another Thai restaurant (Thai Jasmine-also reviewed by me) and I cannot be happier with its addition. This is the real deal and rivals the best southeast asian cuisine I have ever eaten!

Vohn is the name of the very friendly female owner who will most likely take your phone order or direct you to your table. I was able to find out that Vohn is actually from Laos (Laotian) and brought her authentic cooking directly from Laos to the United States in 2008. Fans of this kind of cuisine could not be more fortunate.

I have sampled many of the authentic dishes on Vohn’s menu. I have not run into anything that has not been very good at the least.

The 5 star dish I cannot recommend enough is their Pho Soup(its pronounced FUH), a LARGE rich and hearty bowl of rice noodles with the most delicious beef based broth I have ever tasted (Do not, I repeat DO NOT, confuse this with the chicken broth based “Homestyle Soup”. It is NOT the same and cannot hold a candle to the delicious complexity of the Pho). I have it with Crispy Pork and the super rich, savory flavors of beef bone marrow broth along with onions, cilantro, thai sweet basil, sprouts, lettuce and jalapeno slices marry together to make an absolutely exquisite and layered soup. The fact that the Crispy Pork actually stays crispy in the broth is pure magic. Make sure to squeeze a bit of lime in and use some of Vohn’s hot sauces (Sweet hot sauce with hoisin and my addictive favorite, the SUPER HOT Chili oil) in the soup to maximize the flavor. The BEST Pho I have ever had, hands down.

Another 5 star highly recommended dish is their Pad Thai. Ive had many decent (and not so decent) dishes of Pad Thai but this one is now at the top of the list. Perfectly cooked noodles with scallions, sprouts, cilantro and thai sweet basil in a delicious slightly spicy and sweet pad thai sauce. The tamarind flavor really shines thru along with the other sauce flavors and theres just enough of the sauce to make the noodles deliciously moist. Have it with any choice of meat (generous amounts) and its even better.

The spring rolls are very fresh and delicious with a thinner than usual rice wrapper, rice noodles and sweet basil. The hand-made crab rangoons are light, crispy and have a lighter cream cheese crab filling. They come with a delicious, spicy sweet “duck” dipping sauce . The house fried rice includes generous amounts of meat with Vohn’s light and sticky steamed rice.

A quick note regarding the interior of the restaurant. It is clean, bright and casually welcoming. The staff is always smiling and very inviting. Most days you may see some of Vohn’s nieces or nephews respectfully playing near the front desk. You may get a very cute “hi!” or “goodbye” as well. A very nice way to be greeted!

I could go and on (obviously). Vohn has created an authentic Southeast Asian restaurant utilizing all of the freshest ingredients and time tested cooking techniques that make this the kind of food that leaves you wanting more. Vohn’s Restaurant’s friendly, down home atmosphere, generous food servings and bargain pricing makes it a clear winner and a must try for Southeast asian foodies!

Vohn's Restaurant

I just wanted to follow up the previous review...

I just wanted to follow up the previous review from nexus. He pretty much nailed it, so I don’t want to take anything away from his. But I just wanted to add in my 2 cents.

After needing some decent thai/vietnamese food, I was about to head over to what I thought was the only local option for me (they’re across the street from Vohn’s and I don’t want to name them). Before I headed out I decided to check if there were any other places to try around here, and lo and behold Vohn’s Restaurant was a hidden gem!

Tucked into the Stop & Shop plaza, next to CVS, Vohn’s is only minutes from me. After reading nexus’ review I decided to give them a try. After finishing up my meal, I had to come back on and give praise (which I rarely do for anything).

As I do with most new places, I try to stay with some dishes that I already know before I go all out. This way I have some sense of comparison. I tried the pad thai and papaya salad (w/ sticky rice).

The pad thai was what I expected which is to say it was excellent with fresh ingredients. I had mine with chicken and it was delicious. Not much else to say but you should have it whether you’ve tried thai before or not. It’s a pretty accessible dish if you’ve never tried thai before.

Now, I usually have my friend’s sister’s homemade papaya salad and sticky rice. So I was kind of skeptical when I ordered this. However the lady taking the orders (Vohn?) immediately asked me how spicy I wanted it, when I laughed she said, “Very spicy, got it, 4 peppers..” I was impressed. Apparently, when you ask for very spicy… that is what you will get! Not just tasteless heat, but actual authentic spiciness. It was hot but so tasty.

I recommend Vohn’s to anyone that enjoys thai/vietnamese cuisine. I also recommend Vohn’s for anyone who wants to try something different. I will be ordering here frequently. Oh, as a side note, they deliver, dine-in, and take-out. Just also wanted to thank Nexus, I wouldn’t have tried Vohn’s without his reviews. (Also tried the place across the street from your review awhile back.)

Add/Show Comments (1)

4.0

Vohn's Restaurant

I have been to Vohn’s several times and really like their food alot. The first impression I got was how fresh all the ingredients are.

Bun Nem Noung

My favorite dish has to be Bun Kao Pun, it is a combination of four different appetizers such as grilled pork hash or egg rolls atop a mixture of sprouts and other fresh produce that sits on top of a bed of rice vermicelli. I pour on the chopped peanuts and the dressing, mix it all up and stuff myself with the huge portion they serve.

-2 3

Not good enough

My couple friends told me they ordered from them and not happy with their food.

Add/Show Comments (3)

April 26, 2010

Fantastic!

Vohn's has the freshest, most delicious Thai and Vietnameese food I've ever had. Their delivery service is fantastic because they package the food in a way that keeps it from getting soggy before it gets to your door.

People found this by searching for: Vohn's Restaurant Bellingham, Vohns Bellingham, Vohn's Restaurant Bellingham Ma, Thai Food Bellingham Ma, Vohns, Vohn's Bellingham, Vohn's Restaurant, and Vohns Thai.

Fusion Express