Vong's Thai Kitchen

6 W Hubbard St
Chicago, IL 60610

Neighborhoods: Near North Side
Cuisine: Asian, Contemporary, Catering

Vong's Thai Kitchen is a Asian, Contemporary, and Catering restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

mnbear3 photo

mnbear3

Minneapolis, MN
Vong's Thai Kitchen 2.0

WHAT a Disappointment!!!

I had been to VTK years ago and was fairly impressed by it’s chic pan-Asian decor and thoughtful menu. My meal at that time was memorable enough to want to return and show it off to my travelling companion. Don’t know WHAT happened over the years…….I found the overall demeanor of the staff as only remotely intrested in their jobs… This was particularly true of our waiter, who although slightly pleasant at first, had an attitude change when we failed to order cocktails or wine.
(Let me say here that I also felt fairly confident returning to tthis restaurant as they are owned by “Lettuce Entertain You” who’s local restaurant “Big Bowl” is one of my favorite Asian restauarants in the Twin Cities despite its’ being part of a “chain”)
On to the food…we ordered the combination dinner for two $24.95 per person…not terribly spendy, but not cheap either. The first thing to arrive was an appetizer assortment plate. Everything in this plate was at best mediocre and seemed rather “pre-fab” (I’d definitely skip this route and choose an individual appetizer that appeals to you).
The somewhat shining star of the evening was the “Miso Salmon” (btw extra charge of $1 or 2 per person over set price)extremely well prepared and tasty and thankfully not overcooked.
The MAIN offender of the evening was a yellow curry with vegetables which we added chicken to and asked to be “spiced up” as the waiter had told us it was a fairly unspicy dish. Let me say here and now in ALL my years of eating Thai curries, this was the WATERIEST, most TASTELESS curry I have ever eaten.
The waiter never checked back with us so that we could voice our opinion…(they also didn’t add much of any spice to the dish)
All in all a fairly disappointing meal……including the mango souffle which was pretty runny and overly sweet, With beverages, tax, tip, this was a $40+ per person meal……
We left feeling VERY unsatisfied by the food and the none too attentive staff. we will not be returning to VTK in future Chicago vists………..Big Bowl HERE WE COME!!!

Asian Contemporary Dinner
Fri 05:30PM - 11:00PM
Mon-Thu 11:30AM - 02:00PM
Mon-Thu 05:30PM - 09:30PM
Fri 11:30AM - 02:00PM
Sat 12:00PM - 11:00PM
Sun 05:00PM - 09:00PM

Vong's Thai Kitchen  Restaurant Reviews

Vong's Thai Kitchen is located near the cities of Pilsen, Armour Square, Near South Side, Mc Kinley Park, and Near West Side.
People found this by searching for: Vtk Chicago Menu, Vtk Chicago Il, Vtk Chicago, Vtk Restaurant, Vongs Thai Food Kitchen, Vong's Thai Kitchen Menu, and Vtk Restaurant Chicago.