Water Buffalo

Neighborhoods: Historic Third Ward
Cuisine: American, Casual dining, Contemporary American

Water Buffalo is a American, Casual dining, and Contemporary American restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

Pavlovshuman photo

Water Buffalo 5.0

Lived up to expectations

Water Buffalo has been on my “to do” list for quite a while; it lived up to expectations. We were there on a Sunday evening during the holidays; the ambiance was inviting, the bar staff attentive and we were seated in a timely manner. Our group of four shared Chicken Rolls which hit the spot as an opening appetizer.

Truffled Mac and Cheese with Grilled Chicken

Excellent meal! The variety of flavors and presentation made for a spectacular meal. I am not a “foodie” but this was outstanding mac and cheese and well worth the price. Water Buffalo is on the “return” list to try other options.

RussR photo

Water Buffalo on a Sunday night

Very nice decor, right on the river. Outside seating in the summer. For a Sunday night they had a nice crowd, but still room for people without reservations.

Beef Kabobs

Beef was very tender and delicious. Would have been nice to have a little more meat but I would order again.
We shared the chicken rolls ($9.00), which were awesome.

craemoret photo

Water Buffalo 4.0

Good food with great outdoor seating

Water Buffalo has good food at reasonable prices. Even better is their outdoor seating on the river. It’s great for a nice evening on a sunny day or hanging out on a sunday afternoon. The atmosphere is very trendy both inside and out. It’s a great place for a casual dining experience or a romatic dinner date.

FruitCup photo

Stylish & casual, decent food

Food: The menu is contemporary American, with with a sufficient selection of meat, seafood, vegetarian, and even gluten free. The open-faced lobster ravioli ($18) was very tasty, and the mascarpone tomato cream sauce was well balanced and flavorful without stealing the show from the lobster. On another occasion, I tried the salmon burger ($9.50) which was less impressive. While the portions were generous, the burger was bland and neither the mango & cucumber chutney nor the chili verde came through. Even having a different sauce on the side couldn’t revive the salmon burger.

Setting: Water Buffalo is located on the river front. The outside patio seating overlooking the river is fantastic during the warmer months. Some inside seats also have a nice view as well, others not so much. The interior is stylish yet casual, and would be suitable for a night out with friends or for casual date.

Service: Reservations are highly recommended for evening dining. Otherwise, expect to wait for seating. Seating for lunch was not a problem, although the table we got was not choice seating. When I told my waitress that my food was bland, she was very helpful and tried to remedy the situation by bringing me different sauces to try with my food. Unfortunately it didn’t make the food much better, but I appreciated the service.

Salmon Burger

It wasn’t bad per se, but I found it to be really bland and boring. The menu suggested bold flavors from the chili verde and chutney, but none of it, not even the salmon, really came through.

Open-faced lobster ravioli

I really enjoyed this dish. My only critique is that I wished for more flavor variation on the plate.

American OpenTable Reservations

Water Buffalo  Restaurant Reviews

• 07/10/2015 - A diner from Milwaukee, WI tried it.
People found this by searching for: Water Buffalo Restaurant In Milwaukee, Water Buffalo Milwaukee, Water Buffalo Milwaukee Commwnta, Water Buffalo Milwaukee Wi, Photoes Of Water Buffalo Restaurant Milwaukee, and Water Buffalo Milwaukee Menu.