Water Street Brewery

3191 Golf Rd
Delafield, WI 53018

Cuisine: American

Water Street Brewery is a American restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped less than 15%.

Overall
Pros
"Great portions"
PubCrawler photo

PubCrawler

Burlington, WI
Water Street Brewery 1.0

Worst dining experience in a while

Dinner began with waiting nearly 15 minutes before being approached for drinks. We sat outside since the weather was nearly perfect for outdoor dining and were amused by the infestation of red ants and dirty exterior floors.

I’ve visited this restaurant at least four times prior and was always absolutely satisfied with the cleanliness, decor, food and service.

Our waitress was obviously over-stressed and confused our order repeatedly with another table of hers. She had to confirm our order twice. Her uniform was dirty and her level of courtesy and customer-oriented service was nearly non-existent.

I was suprised to see our meal arrive prior to the French Onion Soup as requested. I saw our meal arrive but to my dismay, the waitress served it to the wrong table!!

My dining partner requested no black olives on her order of nachos. Prior to being served the entree the waitress picked the black olives off with her FINGERS in view of our table and others!!!! The entree was cold to the touch and soggy. Easily the worst nacho entree I’ve ever tasted.

I ordered Grilled Rosemary Chicken for a dinner entree. It included a rosemary and dijon marinated breast, buttered mashed potatos and grilled vegetables. I was dismayed to find a chicken breast that was not marinated and appeared as though it was “pre-cooked” and warmed on a grill. Quite dry and tasteless. It got worse as I realized the “rosemary” portion of this entree was fresh rosemary stuck into the mashed potatos.

Certainly no rosemary or dijon on the chicken breast!!!!

The mashed potatos were something unto themselves. Their appearance was particularly disturbing as the top was dried out; as if they were cooked prior to this date, warmed and then sat under heat lamps for some time prior to being served.

As for the grilled mixed vegetables, a GENEROUS portion of grilled spinich was added to the plate. Quite tasteless with no seasoning and cool to the touch. The other grilled vegetable was several pieces of grilled red pepper. I was dismayed to find that the red pepper was not properly cleaned and seeds remained within the pepper!!!

But alas, my French Onion Soup did finally arrive after I had picked over my tasteless and poorly arranged entree. The soup was somewhat cold and not fresh tasting.

As for the beer I tasted, there were definitely some issues. The Pale Ale was nothing close to having the proper color or taste. Hopiness was nearly non-existent and a buttery palate remained after swallowing.

Honey Lager Light was no better with hardly any malty sweetness and a sickly sugar after-taste.

I’m not one to complain about service because my experience in the dining world servers can and do commit atrocities to your food. In retrospect I should have spoken with a manager at some point.

Super Nachos - Chicken

Chicken appeared previously cooked and frozen. Item arrived at the table cold and soggy.

Grilled Rosemary Chicken

See overall review of this restaurant.

Water Street Brewery 4.0
iPhone dining journal

Ahi tuna tornados are delicious!

Ahi tuna tornados are delicious!

mugsyem photo

mugsyem

Milwaukee, WI
Water Street Brewery 1.0

Agreed... Memorable in such a terrible way.....

Alright so waiting 15 minutes for a hostess to show up wasn’t a deal breaker and waiting for a server to stop by our table for 15 minutes wasn’t too bad either but by the time we sat at our table with no drinks for 15 minutes we were frustrated, Ordered a fried appetizer that came out COLD!!! EWWW! It took forever to get our meal and when the server brought it out he set our food down on someone else’s table before trying to serve it to us COLD! The worst part was that the server didn’t even get the order right then continued to laugh in our faces when we complained!!!! After telling the manager we were never coming back (Which I won’t because the place is gross in the first place – I personally believe that they have multiple health code violations that will never be addressed) He took our address, no word weeks later, talk about trashy, don’t waste our time taking our address if you’re not going to use it, Would have used a gift card on a few beers maybe. I talked to a chef in Denver that visited the Milwaukee location and we bonded over the grossness of the kitchen LOL! There are too many other restaurants to waste your money at this place is silly it’s over priced poor service. If more people posted about the bad experiences maybe they would go out of business giving room for a better restaurant?? One can only hope I guess…. :(

Flowering Onion

Cold… average… not worth the calories

Grilled Vegetable Pita

It is what it is…. came out cold

Bacon & Blue Cheese Burger

No complaints on this dish other than it was cold… Then again it’s pretty hard to screw up a burger….

Smoked Sausage Platter

Not many places serve something like this any more…

American Delivery Good For Kids

Water Street Brewery  Restaurant Reviews

• 05/18/2013 - A diner from New Berlin, WI tried it and liked it.
  • 10/12/2013 - A diner tried it.
  • 05/02/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 06/21/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 07/13/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it and liked it.
  • 10/15/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
    Pros: 'Great portions'
  • 01/16/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 01/24/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 03/21/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 07/05/2015 - A diner from Minneapolis, MN tried it.
Water Street Brewery is located near the cities of Nashotah.
People found this by searching for: Water Street Brewery Nutritional Information, Water Street Brewery Nutrition Information, Waterstreet Brewery Delafield, Water Street Brewery Nutrition Facts, Water Street Brewery Nutrition, Water Street Brewery Delafield, and Water Street Brewery.