Whitlock's Grill

Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Sandwiches

Whitlock's Grill is a Steak, Seafood, and Sandwiches restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

philfsr photo

Marietta, GA

Whitlock's Grill (in old Chicago's West Cobb)

We were regulars ar the previous place here, Chicago’s. The food was excellent, high quality, and freshly prepared. Steaks, my favorite, were seared crispy on the outside and succulent on the inside with juices flowing from the meat when cut. We tried the successor today. Whitlock’s Grill is a very poor substitute for the old Chicago’s. I had the 8 oz. filet ordered medium rare as I have done at Chicago’s many times in the past. The steak was overdone, probably medium but lacked the seared outside. The outside was light tan with grill marks, not the way it should be. The steak had no juiciness. Chicago’s 8 oz. filet also seemed noticeably larger than this one so I suspect the Chicago ones were larger than 8 oz., or this one was smaller, my guess it was about 80-85% of Chicago’s 8 oz. filet. The baked potato tasted and had the texture of one prepared much earlier and kept warm until serving. The salad was the only part of the meal that was reminiscent of Chicago’s. Our first and last visit to this place. It’s a shame, Chicago’s was a great house but Whitlock’s Grill is below average IMHO.

Steak Seafood Supposedly Upscale

Whitlock's Grill  Restaurant Reviews

• 06/25/2014 - A diner from Saint Petersburg, FL tried it.
People found this by searching for: Whitlock's Grill, Whitlock's Grill Marietta Ga, Whitlock Grill, Whitlock Grill Marietta, Whitlock Grill Marietta Ga, Whitlocks Marietta Ga, and Whitlock's Restaurant Marietta Ga.