Windy City Pizza Works

1025 Sibley Blvd
Calumet City, IL 60409-2435

Neighborhoods: Calumet City
Cuisine: Pizza, Subs, European

Windy City Pizza Works is a Pizza, Subs, and European restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go and paid between $10 and $25.

Overall
Pros
"Nothing"
"I ordered an Italian beef pizza and it was bland. It had no seasoning and when I complained I was told it was because of the type of pizza I got.Were they really saying that some of the food they sell is disgusting"
Cons
"Everything "
"Atleast apologize"
Comments
"Please don't eat here"
dcordoza photo

dcordoza

Windy City Pizza Works 1.0

The worst customer service I've ever dealt with.

Let me start off by saying that I have worked in many restaurants when I was younger and know the ins and outs. I tend to be very polite and understanding to employees. I ordered 2 chicken Parmesan meals by phone. The gentleman who took my order was unnecessarily rude and I don’t understand why. I was quick to place my order and I spoke clearly and politely. He hung up without giving me my total. When I got to the restaurant the smell in dining area was really bad like mold or dirt. Both employees seen that I was at the counter but did not greet or acknowledge me till several minutes later. The order was ready in the time that they told me so no complaints there. The employee gave me my total and I paid. I asked if they sold canned pop and what flavors they had. The employee turned his back to me and quickly muttered under his breath the beverages they have. At that point I was done. I was being polite and he was rude throughout the whole ordeal. I believe the employees name was “Rich”. The food was really not good. The spaghetti was overcooked, the chicken used are those microwavable frozen patties u get in a bag, and the sauce was pizza sauce instead of spaghetti sauce. The garlic bread was ok, but it’s hard to mess up a simple item. We threw the food away I felt really bad but i just couldn’t eat it. I own a cell phone store in the area and I frequent many of the local restaurants and often buy food for my employees. I will never eat or bowl at that establishment because of his rudeness and quality of the food. Also, there are no refunds for any item.

Chicken Parmesean

Made with frozen microwavable chicken patties you get in a bag. Disgusting, threw it in the garbage.

jujusmom photo

jujusmom

Windy City Pizza Works 3.0

Long Delivery Times

I love their pizza, but they are not very good with the delivery. I’m only 15 minutes away from there. They tell me the usual 45-1 hour delivery time, but it’s usually longer. And if you call to complain, all they say is that your pizza is on it’s way. They never used to be like this, must be bad management.

Large pizza

Have no problems with the food. Love the pizza!

chicagomozart photo

chicagomozart

Windy City Pizza Works 5.0

Absolutely the best pizza in Chicago

I have eaten everywhere and without a doubt, Windy City’s the best.
They pile it on, old school. They are very busy but the delivery is always on time. Try it one time and see for yourself.

Large pizza

Best Pizza in Chicago area. I live in Hammond Indiana and we have the famous State Line, but Windy City’s got them beat.

Vivienne photo

Vivienne

Windy City Pizza Works 1.0

Terrible Customer Service

February 24th, Oscar night! my cousin and her boyfriend drove from the north side of chicago to enjoy a great evening and we decided to order pizza from Windy City Pizza…wrong. I called and placed the order at 10:29p to be delivered and were told delivery was no longer available but that we could come in to pick up the pizza …it would be ready in 20 mins. My order included 1/2 of the pizza with extra sausage only. My cousin’s boyfriend offered to pick it up so I gave him the directions (less than 5 minutes from my house). He left my house at 11pm….didn’t return until 11:30pm, when he had arrived the pizza wasn’t ready. As we opened the box, my extra sausage wasn’t present so I said I would call the very next day to speak to the manager…being a customer service manager myself, I knew this wouldn’t be a problem….but OMG! I had the unplesant experience of asking for the manager that ended up being Mr. Arnold. I explained what happened and asked to be compensated for not getting the ingredients I ordered but also the 1 hour wait. He sarcastically informed me that he wasn’t about to accommodate me for having to wait. I kindly let him know again that not only did we wait but that I didn’t get what I ordered. He was still nasty in his delivery of his response about not doing anything about what had occurred until I told him that I was going to write about this incident and he said what do you want, the $3 and some change for the extra pizza. Unbelievable!!!!! I can’t believe Mr. Arnold holds the position as a manager and I hope no one else encounters him or his arrogance and sarcasm. What happened to helping resolve issues with a customer. Every place I’ve ever been where the wait has been longer than anticipated, the customer was accomodated in some manner. I’m truly disappointed. I’ve patronized Windy City for the 17 years I’ve lived in Calumet City but this incident has left a sour taste in my mouth. I doubt if I will be back. If you want to be treated with kindness and respect …. Windy City Pizza is not the location….Customer Service is awful!!!!

Large pizza

Didn’t contain all the ingredients I ordered.

Pizza Subs European

Windy City Pizza Works  Restaurant Reviews

• 05/11/2013 - A diner from Marengo, OH tried it.
  • 11/02/2013 - A diner from Beecher, IL tried it and liked it. They liked the food.
  • 12/09/2013 - A diner from Chicago Heights, IL tried it.
  • 01/04/2014 - A diner from Lansing, IL tried it.
  • 02/14/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 03/16/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 03/23/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it and liked it.
  • 06/20/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 08/18/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it and liked it. They liked the food and liked the service.
  • 09/10/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, didn't like it, and rated it 2 stars. They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.
    Pros: 'I ordered an Italian beef pizza and it was bland. It had no seasoning and when I complained I was told it was because of the type of pizza I got.Were they really saying that some of the food they sell is disgusting'
    Cons: 'Atleast apologize'
  • 10/03/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 01/03/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 01/17/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 01/18/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 03/28/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 06/21/2015 - A diner tried it, didn't like it, and rated it 1 star. They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.
Windy City Pizza Works is located near the cities of Burnham, Hegewisch, and Hammond.
People found this by searching for: Windy City Pizza Works Menu, Windycitypizzacalumetcity, Windy City Pizza In Calumet City, Windy City Pizza Menu In Calumet City, Windy City Pizza Works, Windy City Pizza Calumet City, and Windy City Pizza Calumet City Menu.