410-464-8000

2010 Clipper Park Rd, #126 ( )

Baltimore, MD 21211

Neighborhoods: Woodberry

View Hours
Description: Woodberry Kitchen is a American, American (New), and Organic restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped between 15% to 18%.
Tags: American, American (New), Organic, Fine Dining, Casual Elegant, Reservations, OpenTable, Downtown, Dinner, and Delivery
  • 3 dishes entered by diners at Woodberry Kitchen
  • 2 users want to eat at Woodberry Kitchen
  • 1 user loves Woodberry Kitchen

From OpenTable:

Woodberry Kitchen relies on longstanding relationships with the growers of the Chesapeake to provide the ingredients that nourish and delight our guests. At our table, you join us in supporting sustainable agriculture that respects the abundance and traditions of the region while helping to ensure its future.
Housed in a renovated 1870s foundry nestled in historic Clipper Mill, Woodberry Kitchen offers a warm, rustic setting featuring an open kitchen and patio seating during the summer season. Owners Spike and Amy Gjerde are committed to providing our guests with exceptional service and fare, earning Woodberry Kitchen recognition by Bon Appetit, The New York Times, and Gourmet. Come join us, whether for a snack along with local wine or beer at the bar; an impromptu supper with friends; or a private celebratory feast in one of our dining rooms.

Owner? Claim The Menu

Reviews for Woodberry Kitchen

Editorial Review by Gayot »

4.0

Woodberry Kitchen

It seems like every-where I go, someone is talking about it, and most of the times I am the one that brought it up. What can I say, I’m in love! There hasnt’ been a thing there that I didn’t immediately go to my husband, “ohhhhh" you have to try this!”. What is there NOT to love about Woodberry? They use local, sustainable, and organic farms to supply their food, and WHY NOT!?!?. I mean come on folks, we ourselves should be doing that already in the comfort of our home.
Woodberry is located down in quaint little Clipper Mills (right off the light rail stop), it is beautiful on the outside and in. The atmosphere is wonderful, and the design of the restaurant is one of a kind. But to Fore-Warn you, due to popularity, you WILL want to make a reservation. Even on a week night a walk-in could be waiting an hour, just to sit at the bar. So plan ahead, and make the call, or you can make a reservation online at their website.

One of the perks of Woodberry that I love so much is that the menu is constantly changing, which is just down-right smart in my opinion. I mean we all have our favorite places, but why don’t we go there every night? Because most places always have the SAME menu. You could easily go to Woodberry every night, and try to eat everything on the menu in a week, and before you finish, it will all change. So if you see something you want, and their serving it, my suggestion is to get it.
Chef Spike seems to get creative with everything, and even takes the normal things and puts a twist on them you can’t even think about doing. I personally recommend the sweet potato fries, and the fresh baked flat breads are another wonderful thing. I even have to say that even the bar-tenders get very creative for making the popular drinks with local or organic items. My personal favorite is the Mojito. The best I have ever had anywhere.
Another favorite part is the ice-cream. Now 9 times out of 10, my husband and I have stuffed ourselves silly, and only have room to share an item. But we ALWAYS get some sort of ice-cream. The flavors change, but are wonderful. The Maple is my husband’s personal favorite, and I am partial to the Coffee or Marshmallow.
At Woodberry you never have to even guess if something is fresh or grown local. It seems Chef Spike only picks the best of the best, and if that’s not available, he just goes to something else.
I tell everyone, they haven’t lived until they have eaten there. You can always go back again, and again, and continually be amazed.

4.0

Bloggers out on Town

So I headed for a Bloggers Night on the Town with some fellow Bloggers to the Woodberry Kitchen. The Woodberry Kitchen is known for its seasonal ingredients from local growers and its organic meats.

You are greeted with a very modern and crisp atmosphere and perfect surroundings. The menu is ever changing based upon the seasons and what is in season. The online menu offers just a sample of the menu. There are too many wonderful sounding things and it was very hard to pick something.

I started with the Orchard Pears that were roasted with olive oil and seas salt ($5.00). The pears were perfectly cooked and not mushy or to hard. The salt gave it a nice taste helping pull out the natural juices and sweetness.

For my main course I had the Lamb Burger ($15.00) that had a nice spiciness to it. Now I have had lamb in the past but never in burger form. I ordered it medium well and it came perfectly cooked (I tend to like my meat medium but when it comes to burgers I like it medium-well to well).

For dessert I had the Autumn Sundae with candied pumpkin and other fall themed toppings. I could eat this dessert a million times over.

If you are into mixed drinks try some of their drinks- I wasn’t drinking that night but I could had a nice time with some of those drinks.

The following bloggers were in attendance:
•Jake Slagle “Unique Culinary Adventures”
•Renee Shuman-Powell “Wine.Bread.Cheese”
•Courtney Bartlett “A Side of Cheerios”
•Liz and Nathan Stambaugh “What’s to Eat Baltimore”
•Lauren Brown and her Boyfriend “athlEAT”
•And of course me- Jessica Lemmo “Adventures in Baltimore Restaurants”

Orchard Pears

roasted with olive oil and seas salt

Lamb Burger

utumn Sundae

with candied pumpkin and other fall themed toppings

Add/Show Comments (2)

iPhone dining journal

Great service. Good bourbon selection,...

Great service. Good bourbon selection, including Whistle Pig. Corn bread cooked in bacon fat was great. Had a dash of finishing salt on it, which really brought it home. Same with the slice meat. Weissenwurst was great. Crab bowl was great, and I am not a big crab eater. Fried pickles and Mac & cheese were also excellent.

December 5, 2008

Beautiful Food, Beautiful Space, Beautiful Service

Woodberry Kitchen has knocked my socks off! The menu is inspired by the locavore/slow food movements, and focuses on local and seasonal foods. Chef Spike Gjerde (of local fame) has crafted a winner - from basic foods (a surprisingly…

Woodberry Kitchen is located near the cities of East Case, Fells Point, Canton, Morrell Park, and Highlandtown.
People found this by searching for: Woodberry Grill, Woodberry Kitchen Baltimore, Woodberry Grill Baltimore Md, Woodberry Kitchen Menu, Woodberry Grill Baltimore, Woodberry Kitchen, and Woodbury Grill Baltimore.

Featured in Baltimore

Loves Woodberry Kitchen (1)

Cjz0lmfpar3aipaby-cbsv