Call 550 106th Ave NE
Bellevue, WA 98004
Neighborhoods: West Bellevue

Cuisine: Japanese, Asian, Casual dining

Yama Japanese Cuisine is a Japanese, Asian, and Casual dining restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped more than 18%.

sushiguy photo

sushiguy

Bellevue, WA

5 Star Sashimi, Atmosphere

I lived in Japan for a year and I like the real thing. This place has it. Generous portions of sashimi with very smooth hamachi, my favorite. Also the best soft shell crab I’ve had. My friend had the Chilean Sea Bass – not traditional Japanese but very good. My only complaint is that Yama is hard to find. Not good sinage and if my friend hadn’t taken me to it on the 3rd floor of the Galleria I wouldn’t have know it was there. The Eastside has a winner!

Sashimi

Melkir photo

Melkir

Bellevue, WA

Upscale, Uppriced, Experience Dining

I would like to first call out that the fourth star is purely for service and presentation. While I’ve had better sushi, at better prices, the service was really outstanding for this location.

The portions were also good, however the quality of the fish was somehow lacking. I can’t put my finger on it exactly but it was perhaps tougher than it should have been. We ordered the sushi combination plates, a gyoza, toro sashimi, and spider roll. The toro, while good was tough and less buttery than I was expecting, flavorful but timid. There was a great selection in combination plates but the same texture problem also was evident in those pieces. The tuna was bland, while the salmon was pretty good. Squid and Taka not too chewy, for a bonus. The spider roll was also good, my friend who was always perplexed why I ate them finally understood their potential.

I would go back here, but on an expense account.

Yama Style Gyoza

the thai sauce was an interesting addition to the gyoza, which presented an okay flavor.

Toro Sashimi

A little tough, less buttery than I expected. May have just been the night.

Sushi Moriawase

Good selection of fish!

Spider Roll

Very fresh

jetleigh photo

jetleigh

Seattle, WA

upscale Japanese in the Galleria

The fish was pretty fresh, though a bit pricey for what you get in my opinion (though I think it is comparable to a lot of the pricier sushi restaurants around). The atmosphere feels something like Wasabi Bistro – upscale. It’s a good atmosphere, and the other good thing is they are open late unlike a lot of restaurants in Bellevue.

Pretty good selection of wines and sakes as well. Good location, and validation for your parking in the Galleria garage below! I like this place better than Flo which is also in Bellevue.

Chirashi Sushi

An average portion of food, though pretty nice presentation and the tuna was especially good. The yellow tail was so-so as well as the other fishes.

Yama Japanese Cuisine 4.0

cuisine: Asian Fusion Cuisine / Sushi & Sake...

cuisine: Asian Fusion Cuisine / Sushi & Sake Bar
ordered: spicy tuna salad with frieg noodles on top
food: fresh, nicely arranged.
price: surprisingly unexpensive!
ambiente: nice interior, calm
staff: polite
other: during lunch hours well visited, had to wait for 15 minutes: no minors

KrazyKaren photo

KrazyKaren

Othello, WA

Chef Kris Choice

We had our chef, (Kris) decide for us, he made several rolls, some not on the menu that were absolutely fabulous! It was so good that we don’t want to get sushi anywhere else and look forward to going and seems like we always take someone new with us, (mainly so we can impress them with our new hang out)! The rock shrimp fondue was excellent also! In our world we prefer do let Chef Kris do the deciding for us and we just sit back and enjoy! Thanks KK

Chef Kris Choice

September 26, 2009

Love it!

Fantastic atmosphere and food. great selection of Asian Fusion. the sushi was great. the kid menu was also kid friendly for my picky daughter. Great experience.
Yama Japanese Cuisine 3.0
May 9, 2009

Good sushi, high prices :(

Went here for happy hour one night. Pretty good sushi - I like the non-standard rolls. It's worth going for happy hour (1/2 price on the rolls) but a tad on the pricey side otherwise!
March 26, 2009

GREAT NEW PLACE!!!

let me tell you... i have been reading reviews for this place, so i was a bit iffy to go in, but a friend of mine said they went through some changes the last time i came in (which was like a year ago) oh man did they change !! but for the…

Japanese Wifi Asian
Tips
  • Discounted wine, beer and wells are offered Mon-Sat 4pm-7pm. Sundays offer half-price wine and sake bottles from 4pm to 10pm.
  • Four-hour validated parking is available in the Bellevue Galleria garage.
  • Lunchtime bento items beautifully presented on curvy compartmentalized plates instead of the traditional boxes.

Yama Japanese Cuisine  Restaurant Reviews

Yama Japanese Cuisine is located near the cities of Beaux Arts, Medina, Clyde Hill, Yarrow Point, and Beaux Arts Village.
People found this by searching for: Yama Japanese Restaurant Bellevue, Best Place To Get Take Out Shasemi, Bellevue Wa, Best Sashimi Bellevue, Popular Sashimi Places In Bellevue Wa, The Best Japanese Restaurant In Bellevue, Yama Japanese Restaurant, Best Sashimi Bellevue Wa, Yama Japanese Cuisine, and Yama Grill Bellevue.