Yama Japanese Cuisine

550 106th Ave NE
Bellevue, WA 98004

Neighborhoods: West Bellevue
Cuisine: Japanese, Asian, Casual dining

Yama Japanese Cuisine is a Japanese, Asian, and Casual dining restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped more than 18%.

sushiguy photo

sushiguy

Bellevue, WA
Yama Japanese Cuisine 5.0

5 Star Sashimi, Atmosphere

I lived in Japan for a year and I like the real thing. This place has it. Generous portions of sashimi with very smooth hamachi, my favorite. Also the best soft shell crab I’ve had. My friend had the Chilean Sea Bass – not traditional Japanese but very good. My only complaint is that Yama is hard to find. Not good sinage and if my friend hadn’t taken me to it on the 3rd floor of the Galleria I wouldn’t have know it was there. The Eastside has a winner!

Sashimi

Melkir photo

Melkir

Bellevue, WA

Upscale, Uppriced, Experience Dining

I would like to first call out that the fourth star is purely for service and presentation. While I’ve had better sushi, at better prices, the service was really outstanding for this location.

The portions were also good, however the quality of the fish was somehow lacking. I can’t put my finger on it exactly but it was perhaps tougher than it should have been. We ordered the sushi combination plates, a gyoza, toro sashimi, and spider roll. The toro, while good was tough and less buttery than I was expecting, flavorful but timid. There was a great selection in combination plates but the same texture problem also was evident in those pieces. The tuna was bland, while the salmon was pretty good. Squid and Taka not too chewy, for a bonus. The spider roll was also good, my friend who was always perplexed why I ate them finally understood their potential.

I would go back here, but on an expense account.

Yama Style Gyoza

the thai sauce was an interesting addition to the gyoza, which presented an okay flavor.

Toro Sashimi

A little tough, less buttery than I expected. May have just been the night.

Sushi Moriawase

Good selection of fish!

Spider Roll

Very fresh

jetleigh photo

jetleigh

Seattle, WA

upscale Japanese in the Galleria

The fish was pretty fresh, though a bit pricey for what you get in my opinion (though I think it is comparable to a lot of the pricier sushi restaurants around). The atmosphere feels something like Wasabi Bistro – upscale. It’s a good atmosphere, and the other good thing is they are open late unlike a lot of restaurants in Bellevue.

Pretty good selection of wines and sakes as well. Good location, and validation for your parking in the Galleria garage below! I like this place better than Flo which is also in Bellevue.

Chirashi Sushi

An average portion of food, though pretty nice presentation and the tuna was especially good. The yellow tail was so-so as well as the other fishes.

Yama Japanese Cuisine 4.0

cuisine: Asian Fusion Cuisine / Sushi & Sake...

cuisine: Asian Fusion Cuisine / Sushi & Sake Bar
ordered: spicy tuna salad with frieg noodles on top
food: fresh, nicely arranged.
price: surprisingly unexpensive!

KrazyKaren

Othello, WA
Yama Japanese Cuisine 5.0

Chef Kris Choice

We had our chef, (Kris) decide for us, he made several rolls, some not on the menu that were absolutely fabulous! It was so good that we don’t want to get sushi anywhere else and look forward to going and seems like we always take someone new with us, (mainly so we can impress them with our new hang out)! The rock shrimp fondue was excellent also! In our world we prefer do let Chef Kris do the deciding for us and we just sit back and enjoy! Thanks KK

Chef Kris Choice

Japanese Wifi Asian

Yama Japanese Cuisine  Restaurant Reviews

Yama Japanese Cuisine is located near the cities of Beaux Arts, Medina, Clyde Hill, Yarrow Point, and Beaux Arts Village.
People found this by searching for: Yama Japanese Restaurant, Yama Japanese Restaurant Bellevue, Yama Japanese Cuisine, Best Place To Get Take Out Shasemi, Bellevue Wa, Best Sashimi Bellevue, Popular Sashimi Places In Bellevue Wa, Best Sashimi Bellevue Wa, The Best Japanese Restaurant In Bellevue, and Yama Grill Bellevue.