10009 101a Ave NW
Edmonton, AB T5J 0C3

100 Bar + Kitchen

Neighborhoods: Downtown
Cuisine: Contemporary American

100 Bar + Kitchen is a Contemporary American restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid more than $50, and tipped less than 15%.

• 11/23/2014

A Contemporary American chowhound from Atlanta, GA tried it.

• 8/15/2014

A dining patron from Seattle, WA tried it and didn't like it.

fayearmfield photo

fayearmfield

Steak is Fabulous, Everything else not so much

Overall I had a lovely time. The atmosphere is very nice. The booths are high backed so you really get a lot of privacy. It is kind of difficult to flag down the waitress behind those huge booths though, so it’s important to have a good server. I was pretty disappointed with all of our appetizers. None of them were that great and next time I think I will skip them and just go straight to the main course. The steaks were wonderful. Everyone was really happy with them. My boyfriend is itching to go back because he enjoyed his steak so much. My advice is skip the appetizers, they are definately not worth the money, and splurge on the 10 oz steak. Also there is an extensive caesar menu that we found really fun.

Calamari

The calamari was bland and a little cold. Calamari is not my favorite to begin with but I’ve had much better anywhere else I’ve ever tried it. Very disappointing.

Bacon Cheeseburger Perogies

You get 6 large perogies. They were pretty good. Very meaty which is unusual for perogies but I enjoyed them.

Scallop and Prawn Duo

The prawns were very small and not very tasty. However, the scallops were delicious. You only get two scallops and 4 prawns though which I thought was not worth the price.

Alberta AAA Tenderloin

It was a super delicious steak. It was a little overdone but the steak was so good that I almost didn’t notice. There was zero fat on it which meant that I could eat it without worrying because it is so dark in there that you wouldn’t be able to see the fat anyway. You get a very very tiny portion of vegetables which was disappointing because I think if you’re going to put it on the menu as part of the dish then you should get more than one carrot, one asparagus and a slice of zucchini. The meal comes with cheesy tater tots which were good but not well suited to the steak.

diamonds photo

diamonds

Appetizers

Attending a party at the HUNDRED last night was not a pleasant experience. Our large table complained about the FLAVOR of all of the appetizers.
To make things even worse , management did not try to make the evening better. They brought out more of the same.
And to add to the disaster, some of them were not removed off the bill.
My recommendation is not to order any appetizers. There are many restaurants in Edmonton to choose from.
The service was not spectacular either.

Scallop and Prawn Duo

poor flavor

steak tartar

Poor flavor.
Could not distinguish what was being eaten!

Carpaccio

Absolutely tasteless. More chips than meat!

chicken sliders

This appetizer tasted like hot wings!!
Excessive sauce.
Not original at all!

JohnOClark photo

JohnOClark

Very disappointed

I heard good things about this restaurant and was looking forward to trying it.

As my father would say- I have been there twice: First Time and Last Time.

We were expecting a high end restaurant and walked into what was essentially a large lounge with very loud music. This is not the reason for the “2 Star”. The lounge was very well appointed and almost full, so I consider the Lounge as neutral for my rating.

The mushroom soup was excellent, but the rest…

My wife had a beet salad and it was no comparision with some excellent beet salads she experienced – pickled beets and an overpowerering dressing

She ordered the Prawns and Scallops – she expected it to be wrapped in prosciutto , but it was wrapped in a raw piece of bacon.

I ordered the Beef Short Ribs – worse I have ever had, and I have had it many times. Lots of meat, fairly lean but no flavour…maybe they forgot the sauce.

On the positive side the service was excellent and the wine social hour special was excellent.

A reviewer recommended the steak which the next table ordered and it looked good. So if you go, I suggest the steak

Mushroom Soup

Beef Short Ribs

10/03/2022

A dining patron from Surrey, BC tried Hy's Steak Loft in Downtown.

9/27/2022

A dining patron from Neenah, WI tried Red Ox Inn in Strathearn.

9/13/2022

A chowhound from Halifax, NS tried The Ritchie Mill in Strathcona.

9/03/2022

A diner from Stony Plain, AB tried Yeoman & Beefeater Steakhouse in Downtown.

8/13/2022

A Steakhouse food lover from Lexington, KY tried Yeoman & Beefeater Steakhouse in Downtown and liked it.

8/04/2022

A Continental chowhound from Fort Mcmurray, AB tried Sidetrack Cafe in Oliver, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Best combo of people, service, food and music in Edmonton. Had drinks with Doug Crossman and one of the Sutters (Rich?) one night after a game. We referred to them as Joe and Bob as no one else recognized them. Sipped From Edmontons first Stanley Cup wi
8/03/2022

A diner from Lloydminster, AB tried Yeoman & Beefeater Steakhouse in Downtown.

7/21/2022

A dining patron from Edmonton, AB tried Nellie's Tea Shoppe in Prince Charles.

5/24/2022

A Family Dining food lover from Calgary, AB tried Muggan'z in Ormsby Place, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

4/18/2022

An Italian food lover from PG tried Sceppas Trattoria & Deli in McCauley, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Great food Good service
Contemporary American Casual Elegant Reservations

100 Bar + Kitchen  Restaurant Reviews

100 Bar + Kitchen is located near the cities of Hilliard.
People found this by searching for: The 100 Club Edmonton, 100 Restaurant Edmonton, 100 Bar Edmonton, Edmonton 100 Restaurant, 100 Edmonton, 100 Edmonton Restaurant, and One Hundred Edmonton.