2100 W Oceanfront
Newport Beach, CA 92663

21 Oceanfront

Cuisine: Seafood, Continental, Fine Dining

21 Oceanfront is a Seafood, Continental, and Fine Dining restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped more than 18%.

• 3/03/2015

A diner from Los Angeles, CA tried it.

• 1/24/2014

A dining patron from San Jose, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

cacheng photo

cacheng

Beverly Hills, CA

Awful Service, not worth the food

My husband and I are visiting Newport from Beverly Hills for the weekend and had advanced reservations to this restaurant. I noticed that the water glass was dirty and kindly let my waiter know. (I have never complained about glassware or silverware at restaurants before!) To my surprise, he got angry! He didn’t believe the glass was dirty and argued with me! When I asked that he replace it, he actually yelled back, “Why are you lying about this glass being dirty when it is NOT?!” He did this in front of everyone in my section of the restaurant and by the bar – and refused to replace it. When my husband and I stood up to walk out in shock, he continued saying that I was lying about the glass! For crying aloud, how hard could it be to just replace the glass! No managers came by to resolve the issue. Ridiculously poor service. Perhaps with past hype, they’ve forgotten about basic customer service.

N/A

tvgemini photo

tvgemini

Newport Beach, CA

By far the best! Super delicious!

21 Oceanfront is so much fun. I love going there for dinner, or just having drinks at the bar, and watching the sunset & listening to the live music. It’s so beautiful. We had to go back for the holidays… it’s a family tradition to dine at 21 and enjoy the holiday decor. We stay upstairs at The Doryman’s Inn, over looking the Pacific Ocean. It’s truly breathtaking.
At the restaurant, I like to order the Chilean Seabass, and my fiance likes to order the baseball cut swordfish. The lobster bisque is also one of our favorites. The Grand Marnier Souffle is to die for! Service is ALWAYS the best… so welcoming and professional. They treat their diners like royalty. Oh, and the ahi salad is always a winner. Try the abalone…and you’ll be craving it over & over again.

abalone

The abalone is out of this world delish! I crave it all the time. 21 Oceanfront is also known for its fresh crabcakes and lobster tail.

Chilean Seabass

SOOO GOOD! I need the recipe for that sauce.

Bananas Caramel

The bananas caramel dessert is Heaven!

TheBeachBum photo

TheBeachBum

San Clemente, CA

Elegant, but beach casual not allowed

I thought the food was well prepared and well presented. The staff was a bit snooty, certainly not beach casual as is the location of the restaurant. Nor is their dress code. It might appeal to the Newport Beach crowd, but I prefer something a bit more approachable. If I want snooty, I’ll go to LA.

8/23/2019

A diner from Colorado Springs, CO tried Studio Cafe, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
I was at the Studio Cafe a few times in the late 70's. It was near the New Port Pier at the time. Are you folks the same restaurant but just at a different location? Please let me know. I have lived in Colorado since 1980. I would love to come to the Stud
Cons
None that I can think of.
Comments
Good food.
7/30/2019

A Seafood chowhound from Colton, CA tried Scotty's Fish Fry Restaurant, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Fish and chips
Cons
Nothing
Comments
Convenient right off the shore
5/22/2019

An Italian food lover from US tried Villa Nova.

5/20/2019

A diner from US tried Studio Cafe.

4/27/2019

A diner from US tried Crocker's The Abundant Table.

4/26/2019

A dining patron from Aliso Viejo, CA tried Wild Fish Seafood Grill and liked it.

4/12/2019

A diner from Laguna Niguel, CA tried Cafe Basil.

4/02/2019

A food lover from Yuba City, CA tried Bobby Mc Gee's Conglomeration (CLOSED), liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Had my 18th birthday there. 1977
3/09/2019

A Burgers food lover from US tried Mariner's Coffee Shop, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

3/02/2019

A Steakhouse chowhound from Olathe, KS tried Sid's.

Seafood Continental Fine Dining
Sun-Thu 05:30PM - 10:00PM
Fri-Sat 05:30PM - 11:00PM

21 Oceanfront  Restaurant Reviews

21 Oceanfront is located near the cities of Lido Isle, Costa Mesa, Central Coast, Balboa, and Huntingtn Bch.
People found this by searching for: 21oceanfront, 21 Oceanfront Dress Code, 21 Oceanfront Newport Beach Menu, 21 Oceanfront Newport Beach Menu To, 21 Oceanfront Menu, 21 Oceanfront, and 21 Oceanfront Restaurant.