- 13 / 20
- Read Gayot Review »
- If you've got a big group, call ahead to reserve the big corner booth downstairs or charming country table upstairs.
- Visit during the extended happy hour from 3pm to 7pm Tuesday through Thursday or 3 to 6:30pm on Friday and Saturday and make a meal out of a menu of $3 bites.
- Start with the chef's selection of four tastings (or the decouverte de cuisine) -- perhaps braised escargot or crispy sweetbreads sided with bitty pearl onions, pancetta, and wild mushrooms.
- Parking on Northwest 23rd can be tricky, so take advantage of the free valet parking or ride the streetcar which stops a few blocks from the restaurant.
- The Zefiro cocktail, an old favorite from Israel's former restaurant is a welcome return for Portland diners.
- If you've got a big group, call ahead to reserve the big corner booth downstairs or charming country table in the intimate mezzanine.