1657 Rue Ste-Catherine E

AnimaBlue photo

AnimaBlue

Montréal, QC

Worst Service Experience in A Restaurant EVER

Friends keep inviting me to go with them to this Tex-Mex restaurant in town.

And I keep telling them:
No, no, no – never again.

It takes a lot for me to totally give up on a restaurant. I know there can be some small hics that happen from time to time, in restaurants.

But my experience at the 3 Amigos was so incredibly unpleasant I decided to boycott any & all of their branches.

Well, see for yourself what you think of what I experienced there.

I went with 3 friends to the very popular St. Catherine Street branch.

We were led by a silent waitress who did not smile or greet us, to a table. A table filled with dirty dishes.

We then sat at that table for 45 minutes without our orders being taken, and with those dirty dishes from the previous diners at the table still sitting on our table

At one point, we just took the dishes ourselves & placed them on the table next to ours.

We were debating whether we should just leave, when finally, the waitress came back. Again, no smile, no comment on the dirty dishes that we pointed out to her. She just asked us what we wanted & took our orders.

And then she vanished, never to be seen again.

We waited & we waited again. We looked around & couldn´t see our waitress anywhere. We saw that a waiter was circulating to the other tables in our area. Their food was arriving, when those people had entered after we had. Finally, he came up to us & asked if he could help us.

At this point, we had been over 1 hour in the restaurant with no food or drinks in sight.

The waiter asked us what we had ordered, when we told him that we were were waiting for our food. After asking him a few questions about our waitress, we then found out our waitress had finished her shift and left! Left without telling anyone about us & our orders!

So he took our orders and said he would be right back. Well, it took awhile for him to be ¨right back¨.

By the time we got our food we were starving. Out of our 4 orders, 2 of our orders were messed up. My 2 friends got meals they didn´t order. When they pointed this out to our waiter, he said he could fix it but it would take some time because the kitchen was very busy. My friends decided to stick with the food they didn´t order, rather than have to wait again, because at this point we were all ravenous.

One of my friends never did get the drink she asked for several times.

Funny how the drink was still charged on her bill though.

As for the food, it was so-so. The food was luke-warm and just did not seem exceptional in any way. Totally forgettable.

I was so unhappy with what had happened to us, I asked to speak to the manager when we were leaving.

I explained what happened to us to the manager, from beginning to the end. And at the end, he turned to me and said so? I said, so?? And I asked him what he was going to do about it.

He made a face at me like I was inconveniencing HIM and wasting his time, and then slowly took some cards out of his pocket and gave them to us, with a little condescending smirk. It was a card for 1 free drink, the next time we would go back.

I asked him what that was – a free drink for the next time and he said yes. And I told him that he did not understand, that we had such a bad experience that we were never going to go back to the restaurant. I said that´s it, that´s the best you can do? He said yes, that´s it. And then he just shrugged his shoulders and said OK and walked away.

I was in shock that a manager could act with such disregard and condescension when someone was making a complaint about their experience. No apologies, nothing.

I went to the cash register & took one of their business cards & got the phone number for the restaurant chain Head Office from the cashier.

I called the 3 Amigos Head Office the next day & left a detailed message to complain about the experience I had received at their downtown Montreal location.

No one ever called me back.

In my 20 years of frequenting restaurants all over the world, the 3 Amigos experience was my worst ever experience.

I will never, NEVER, ever step foot in a 3 Amigos restaurant again.

Mexican Downtown

3 Amigos  Restaurant Reviews

3 Amigos is located near the cities of St Colomban and Saint Colomban.
People found this by searching for: 3 Amigos Menu Prices, 3 Amigos Restaurant Montreal, 3 Amigos St Catherine Phone Number, Three Friends The Restrant In Montreal, 3 Amigos Price List, 3 Amigos Menu Montreal, Restaurant 3 Amigos Montreal, 3 Amigos Montreal Menu, and 3 Amigos Montreal Owner.