156 Castro St
Mountain View, CA 94041

3ta

Neighborhoods: Old Mountain View
Cuisine: Thai, Fusion, Asian fusion

3ta is a Thai, Fusion, and Asian fusion restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped more than 18%.

cliff photo

cliff

Mountain View, CA

Reasonable new restaurant on Castro

3ta is a new “fusion” restaurant that just opened in downtown Mountain View. It has a nice, trendy look and a well-stocked bar, which is actually a large portion of the restaurant.

As far as the food goes, it was all right. For the most part, they are Vietnamese and Thai fusion, with some other little random things thrown in.

We had a Vietnamese roll which was all right, though I’ve never particularly enjoyed any of these types of appetizers.

They also had some crab cakes that were decent…nothing too remarkable about them.

For my entree, I had a filet mignon with curry and gnocchi. It was interesting and flavorful, and the beef was very tender…but as a whole, it was more interesting than it was good.

Dessert was the strong point: their chocolate java cake is excellent. However, they don’t serve coffee (at least not yet at this time) with their desserts! What the heck?!

All in all, reasonable food, but nothing too amazing, and the price is fairly high. Worth a try if you enjoy Vietnamese food, but I wouldn’t go back except for dessert and/or drinks.

Danny photo

Danny

San Jose, CA

Very Different

Me and a three of friends were looking for a place to eat on a friday night and we stumbled across this place. We went in to check out the menu and the music actually is what keep us to stay. The music wasn’t your typical restaurant music but stuff we actually liked.

3ta is the new thai restaurant on the block, but the difference is that they’re mixed with everything else in the world. They have everything from Ahi to Saffron rice and Lobster to filet. It’s no a typical Thai Restaurant.

Alright down to the good stuff. We had a feast. We had cowboy rolls (which is sushi without fish and stuffed with marinated beef), Roti (which is alright by itself but with the sauce was amazing!!!), Chicken satay (typical of any thai restaurant pretty good but wish they had beef or pork choices too). For dinner i had the cubed filet (i have to say for a thai restaurant or any restaurant was pretty darn good), my girlfriend had the scallops (she said they were the best shes ever had and so i had to try them and they were pretty good i had to trade her a piece of my filet for one). My buddies shared three dishes one was the ribs (which fell right off the bone but tasted like most asian restaurant ribs “good but had them before” is what my buddy said) another was the shiitake mushrooms (which the waitress recommened and they were really good she said they were better with asaragus which ill have to try next time) and the lobster pad thai (the pad thai was kind of bland and the lobster wasnt really seasoned the only thing we kind of wish we didn’t order but my girlfriend loved it for some reason no of us knew why)

Alright time for the sweets we ordered two chocolate javas (a kind of cake with chocolate in the middle) and one banana thing (banana with sometype of rice paper around it) both were good the only problem was that one of the chocolate javas looked like someone threw it on a plate it look destroyed. Still, it tasted good and the one good one was amazing. The banana thing was really good but its hard to share two pieces with 5 people.

All in all the food alone was great!!! Now, why I gave it 5 stars. The bar was one of the best stocked restaurant bars on the street. Great drinks a lot of alcohol in the drinks but still tasted good. The staff were all really young and everyone was super nice. Our waitress was funny and keeped us laughing through out the meal. We meet the owner whos this young asian guy and he gave us around of shots on him.

In all the restaurant is amazing, great atmosphere (music, staff, and the amazing colors on the wall) great food and great drinks what more could you ask for?

Mountain View Downtown Vietnemese

3ta  Restaurant Reviews

3ta is located near the cities of Mt View, Los Altos, Loyola Corners, Mountain, and Sunnyvale.
People found this by searching for: 3ta Thaifusion.Com, 3ta Thaifusion, New Fusion Castro St Mountain View, Thai Restaurant "Mountain View" New Castro, Vietnamese Rolls Mountain View Ca, Www.Ayt 3taa.Com, and 3ta Resturaunt.