410 Bank St
Cape May, NJ 08204

410 Bank Street

Cuisine: Cajun, Caribbean, Fine Dining

410 Bank Street is a Cajun, Caribbean, and Fine Dining restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid more than $50, and tipped more than 18%.

JAF photo

JAF

Roselle Park, NJ

Wheelchair Discrimination

Discrimination of Handicapped Persons at the restaurant: 410 Bank Street Cape May, NJ. Manager refused to allow me to use the handicap ramp. I was forced to get out of wheelchair with oxygen tank or no service.

I have leukemia and underwent a bone marrow transplant. As a result of high dose chemo therapy and radiation, I now have lung issues. I am forced to use a wheelchair and oxygen to survive and attempt to live somewhat “normal” life. I can assure you that living this way is not my first choice.

I made a reservation for 7:15 pm on May 14, 2009 at the restaurant “410 Bank Street” located in Cape May, New Jersey. The restaurant was advertised as Handicapped Accessible. Upon arrival I had a problem with the manager Dortothy Garrabrant. While I waited outside, my wife informed Dorothy that I would need to use a ramp for my power chair. She immediately became enraged and quite loudly declared “NO! He can’t come in. If it was a manual wheelchair I would say okay but not a power chair” Aside from my extreme embarrassment by her behavior I was quite disappointed in her total disregard for a disabled person. Clearly there was a handicap ramp but Dorothy felt it was her personal discretion if someone was “worthy” of using it. The Americans with Disability Act, Title III: Public Accommodations; would disagree with Dorothy’s self declared authority over such matters. The State of New Jersey has declared me disabled and I live on a modest Disability check. The NJ Motor Vehicle Commission has declared me disabled and provided me with a “Disabled Placard” when traveling by car. Medicare has declared me disabled and provided a motorized wheelchair. But Dorothy Garrabrant in her infinite wisdom has decided I should just get up and walk to avoid her from being inconvenienced by having a wheel chair in the restaurant dining area.

I asked my wife to pull me out of the chair. I leaned on my wife, with oxygen tank in tow and slowly struggled as I made my way to be seated. I finally sat down gasping for breath and took some time to recover from the ordeal. Now suffering from both physical and mental anguish, I tried to enjoy the rest of the evening.

For my trouble, Dorothy offered to give me a free desert. I find it insulting that Dorothy would believe a piece of cake could resolve a Civil Rights Violation.

READ MY STORY BY CLICKING THE LINK BELOW

Batona photo

Batona

Millville, NJ

Cape May's Finest

410 is the place in Cape May. The mesquite grill here hosts the finest fish and meats.

The outside dining is wonderful, but I usually prefer to sit inside. Bugs will feast at times, no matter what measures are taken to control them.

There’s a hint of New Orleans to 410, which suits me just fine. Blackened scallops and Yellow-Fin Tuna are what I had last time I was there. Awesome! The tuna is the signature dish. I have also enjoyed gumbos and bouillabaisse over the years.

Reservations are a must to dine here.

Reviews of 410 are always excellent. I have dined in Cape May all my life. Now that Peaches is out of business, 410 is at the top of the heap for me.

December 9, 2008

This restaurant is fantastic!

The chef at 410 Bank can do no wrong! If I am on death row and get my last meal....it will come from 410 Bank St. It will consist of the soft shelled crabs and I will have the bread pudding for dessert!!!\r \r If you are in Cape May, do…
October 2, 2008

You cannot miss this restaurant!!! The food is incredible. I ventured to try the Voodoo Shrimp that was out of this world. We had a romantic candle light dinner in our own corner of the porch. Reservations are a MUST!!! Parking is…

Cajun Caribbean Fine Dining

410 Bank Street  Restaurant Reviews

410 Bank Street is located near the cities of West Cape May, Lower Township, and Diamond Beach.
People found this by searching for: 410 Bank Street Restaurant, 410 Bank Street Cape May, 410 Bank Street Restaurant Cape May Nj Menu, Content, Menu For 410 Bank Street In Cape May, Bank Street In Cape May Menu, 410 Bank Street Menu, and 410 Bank Street Cape May Menu.