5-8 Club

Neighborhoods: Diamond Lake
Cuisine: American, American Traditional, Breakfast

5-8 Club is a American, American Traditional, and Breakfast restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid less than $10, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

BananaWoo photo

BananaWoo

Minneapolis, MN

Juicy Lucy

I’ve always driven by the 5-8 club but never visited. Then when my sister went with a friend and told me they had blue cheese filled hamburgers and I knew I had to go. My life depended on it…

According to the restaurant officials (aka, the online menu) the 5-8 club used to be a speakeasy back in the prohibitions days during the 1920s. Once prohibition was lifted the 5-8 continued to serve booze in it’s legal form and added a food menu to the mix. It soon became widely known for its famous burgers and beer selection. Today, over 75 years later, the 5-8 is still around serving their famous burgers old-school style.

While it made have been a wide selection back in the days of prohibition, the 5-8 serves primarily domestics (not that there’s anything wrong with that), a small array of wine (but who drinks wine with burgers anyways!?), and Mike’s Hard Lemonade (if you enjoy a stomach ache in a bottle).

There’s plenty of parking and lots of seating, but it’s a popular place. The hightop tables can fit 4, but they are fairly small. If you go on the weekend during lunch you’ll probably have to wait.

Our order consisted of Onion Straws ($5.25)
Can someone say giant basket of fried onions? Good, lots, onion breath for weeks. Thin sliced onions, hand breaded and deep fried. Not your typical fried onion. You must share these or suffer the consequences of eating a large basket of onions all by your lonesome. If you don’t like onions beware. You could probably skip the fries if you get these. I’m going with the Extreme Jojos next time. And of course The Juicy Lucy ($4.95) This is what I was waiting for. A half pound burger stuffed with your choice of American, Bleu, Pepper, or Swiss cheese. I thought the burger was awesome (even though now I’ve had Five Guys which is probably a close number one for me at this point). I would definitely go back to the 5-8 for another stuffed burger. I didn’t order any sides because the onion things kicked my ass and the burger finished the job.

Reason for the 4 and not the 5? I guess I liked the food, minus the onion fries, but I would most likely opt for take-out next time. The dining area was hard to maneuver.

May 1, 2012

February 4, 2012

Not that great

I took my husband and neice out for B-day dinner something different...but not what I expected the service was not good when we got there was a line we stood outside for about 15 min. and when able to stand in the door way for another 15…
August 13, 2011

Extremely disappointed and unsatisfied

We decided to try out the 5-8 club after we had gone to Matts the previous week. I cannot begin to describe what a terrible experience we had. First, we decided to order the cheese curds as our appetizer and for the price of $7.00 you'd…

American American Traditional Takeout
Fri-Sat 11:00AM - 01:00AM
Sun-Mon 11:00AM - 11:00PM
Tue-Thu 11:00AM - 12:00AM

5-8 Club  Restaurant Reviews

5-8 Club is located near the cities of St Anthony and Saint Anthony.
People found this by searching for: 5 8 Club Menu, 508 Club Juicy Lucy, 508 Club Minneapolis Reviews, 508 Club Minneapolis, Juicy Lucy 508, 508 Jucy Lucy Burger, Hamburger Basket 5 8 Club 55417, 508 Juicy Lucy, and 8 5 Club Menu.