5A5 Steak Lounge

Neighborhoods: Financial District
Cuisine: Steak, Steakhouse, Japanese

5A5 Steak Lounge is a Steak, Steakhouse, and Japanese restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid more than $50, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Pros
"I drive from Denver twice a year for their food. That should say enough"
  • 4/17/2015

A Bakeries food lover from Chicago, IL tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    I drive from Denver twice a year for their food. That should say enough
  • 9/03/2014

A diner from San Jose, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, didn't like the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 2/19/2014

A dining patron from San Jose, CA tried it.

• 2/08/2014

A dining patron from San Jose, CA tried it and liked it. They liked the food.

Hooked on the steaks & appetizers here

I’m absolutely hooked on this place now. After my friend invited me over for a happy hour, I’ve been coming here all the time now. It’s a very lively and cozy atmosphere and it gets pretty busy during the happy hour (I suspect it’s because they have some amazing specials). I love their specials especially the hamachi shooters and $1 oysters. Mmmm! But, this is a steakhouse, and 5A5 offers some of the best that I’ve ever had. I love the buffalo filet and I’m dying to try their signature A5 kobe steaks… Everyone keeps raving about it. And, don’t miss dessert either. Their pastry chef works up some great concoctions including my fav – their bread pudding. I also had a crème brulee here once that was really good.

hamachi shooters

My fave appetizer!

buffalo filet

Much more lean than the other cuts of steak and cooked to perfection

Bread pudding

My favorite dessert here. Creamy and a nice blend of sweet and salty.

LostOne photo

LostOne

San Francisco, CA

You want steak? You got it.

There are a lot of great restaurants in San Francisco. And there are some really great steakhouses as well. 5a5 is being added to that list. If you’ve never tried it… this is THE place to go try the A5 Kobe steak. I like that you can get a cut as big (or small) as you’d like it to be (starting at 4 ounces). For those who just want a great meal, their T-Bone and bone-in ribeye are also phenomenal. And if you’re looking for a few non-meat additions to your meal, don’t forget an order of the truffle fries and shishito peppers as appetizers. It’ll get you ready for the great meal to come. And, what better way to end the meal than with some delicious green tea donuts or bread pudding? I’m getting hungry just thinking about it all.

hamachi shooters

Great appetizer and fun to eat too. It’s a shot of deliciousness.

Shishito peppers

One of the best bargains on their happy hour menu. You get a big bowl of shishito peppers for just $5.

Truffle fries

The most amazing truffle fries I’ve ever had. I won’t lie… I order this everytime I come here.

buffalo filet

Not at all gamey. In fact, it’s quite lean and flavorful.

dry aged T-bone

Highly recommend this cut for all you steak-lovers. The steak was juicy and delicious. The onion rings and the cipollini onions were a nice touch.

bone-in ribeye

Like marbled meat? Doesn’t get much better than this slab of meat.

July 26, 2011

Best Steakhouse!

By far one of the best steakhouses I've ever been to. The prime rib my wife had was very tender and juicy. Actually surprisingly so for the cut of meat. I was very impressed with both the quality and flavor. I had the lamb entree which…
April 15, 2010

Decent restaurant

I went here last night for a work dinner. I really enjoyed the ambiance and the dark wood d?cor of the restaurant. The wait staff was friendly and helpful. I LOVED the beef carpaccio sushi rolls. I ordered the lobster bisque, which was…
January 4, 2010

CHIC FUN PLACE!

I love the atmosphere here and I love the food.\r \r What else do I need? \r \r Oh, and they have happy hour specials. ($2 bites!) Happy hour is my favorite time of day, so how can I not go wrong!? \r \r Hamachi shooters, sushi, mac and…

Steak Steakhouse Happy hour

5A5 Steak Lounge  Restaurant Reviews

5A5 Steak Lounge is located near the cities of Hayes Valley, Mission District, , Chinatown, and Haight Ashbury.
People found this by searching for: 5a5 Steak Lounge, A5 San Francisco, A5a Steakhouse Sf, A5a Steakhouse Menu, 5a5 Steak Lounge Menu, 5a5 Steakhouse, and A5 Restaurant.