9th & Marion Diner

Cuisine: American, Diner, American Diner

9th & Marion Diner is a American, Diner, and American Diner restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid less than $10, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Lowbudgetfoodie photo

Lowbudgetfoodie

Gettysburg, PA

Making "Greasy Spoon" a term of endearment

It was a gray and windy Monday morning when a friend and I came across the 9th & Marion Diner looking for a breakfast that would leave both our stomachs and wallets full. When we walked in we found it to be exactly what we’d hoped for, unassuming and welcoming. There was ample seating for such a small diner, consisting of booths, a lunch counter, and back room that contained a few tables. It was relatively busy with what seemed to be a local client√®le that clearly came in every morning. We took our seat and examined the pictures of local firefighters and holiday decorations that adorned the walls as we waited for our menus.
I will warn you, 9th & Marion is a little run down in appearance. Don’t let this turn you away, underneath the slightly grimy facade is a true diner that provides hearty fare, good service, and VERY low prices.
Within moments of our arrival my companion and I had already been given menus and hot cups of coffee. The waitress was quick, competent, and friendly (a refreshing change from the typical diner employee); keeping our coffee cups full at all times and bringing our food out expediently without making a nuisance of herself. Though the service was speedy, not once did we feel rushed.
The food itself was a fine example of simple diner cuisine. I opted for a platter of eggs, toast, corned beef hash, and home fries and I found them to be hot and in large quantities. I must admit that I felt the home fries could have used a little more seasoning but their buttery taste lacked only a small sprinkle of salt and some ketchup. Their corned beef hash most likely came from a can, but the eggs were a perfect example of “once over easy” so it all balanced out well.
What really impressed me at 9th & Marion were the prices. My entire meal came to less than $5, even with a side of scrapple (a guilty indulgence that was totally satisfying) and I was hard pressed to find anything on the menu that cost more than $7 dollars. Though we only sampled the breakfast menu, I noticed that their dinner specials were all $5.75 or less and included an entree, soup, side, roll, beverage, and desert. If the quality of the breakfast was any indication, I would guess that the specials would be well worth the small price.
Overall, I was very pleased with my experience at 9th & Marion. Though it is definitely on the dingy side, I never felt that the dishes or food were unclean or unsafe. On the contrary, the friendly service, hearty portions, and low prices made the atmosphere seem laid back and unpretentious. The 9th & Marion Diner doesn’t focus much on its appearance because it truly doesn’t have to.

American Diner American Diner

9th & Marion Diner  Restaurant Reviews

9th & Marion Diner is located near the cities of West Reading, Mount Penn, Wyomissing, Mt Penn, and Wyomissing Hills.
People found this by searching for: 9th & Marion Diner Reading Facebook, Corned Beef Hash Reading Pa, 9th And Marion Diner In Reading, Pa, 9th And Marion Diner, 9th & Marion Diner, Dining Review Corned Beef Hash And Eggs Reading, Pa, West Reading Diner, 9th & Marion Diner Reading, and "9th And Marion Diner" History.