1407 Abbot Kinney Blvd
Venice, CA 90291

Abbot's Pizza

Neighborhoods: Venice
Cuisine: Pizza, Lunch, Catering

Abbot's Pizza is a Pizza, Lunch, and Catering restaurant where most Menuism users paid less than $10.

QB
iLoveToEat photo

iLoveToEat

Santa Monica, CA

Good Pizza, long waits and bad customer service

I would have given Abbot’s PIzza 4/5, but I’ve given them more than a few chances to make up for some really unprofessional and bad customer service experiences. I won’t eat there anymore if I have the choice. Maybe my few bad experiences are mine alone, I don’t know but they’ve ruined it for me.

That being said, the pizza itself is quite good once you get it, and if the order is right. Picking up slices should be safe too since they only reheat them and don’t have a chance to ruin the toppings or lose your orders.

Pizza Slice

Some good combinations of toppings and a nice crust.

Ching photo

Ching

Santa Monica, CA

When the Moon Hits your eye....

When the moon hits your eye….
like a big peee-zza pie…..
That’s amor-eeeee……..

I love how colorful and fun this pizza joint looks on Abbot Kinney. Its always bustling with people going in and out the door, and there’s always really cool looking people sitting outside on their colorful mosaic tile cafe tables with their various miniature dogs on a leash, that it calls to me like a glistening Bernini statue to come towards it….except this is Abbot Kinney folks, not Rome!

Yesterday afternoon, I finally succumbed towards my inclination to try this joint out.

Ahh, so its small and quaint inside with just enough room for a trail of people to stand in line to place their orders. Pizzas seem to be premade already and you order by the slice. I’m assuming if you wanted a full pizza, you’d get a freshly backed and warm pizza. Else, they will heat up individual slices of pizza for you. The walls are a bright sunny warm yellow that make you feel like you’re inside a fizzy Sunkist. There’s even a large flat wall tv blaring in the front of the store front to keep you company while you wait for your order. Honestly, the inside was a bit seedy. It didn’t really meet my expectations based on the vibe and look of the outside.

Service is pretty fast I have to say…maybe cuz the pizza’s not made fresh and they’re just heating it up for yah???!

So, I ordered the WILD MUSHROOM which is Portobello, Oyster, Button, Shiitake Mushrooms withParmesan, Romano & Mozzarella Cheeses on an Olive Pesto Sauce. OMG, yum right??

But it just seemed a bit too …..too…“processed and premade” for my taste. Its flat, doesn’t have as much loft of a pizza piled high with fresh ingredients like the pizzas in Italy. Even though my pizza was heated, it still seemed tepid, like something I nuked really quick in the microwave.

Yes, I prefer and adore the Napolitano style thin crust pizzas so I was a bit weary of the so called “home of the bagel crust.”

The pizza was indeed yummy, and when I finally got to the crust? it was chewy, just like a few hours old bagel would feel against your teeth as you tear it apart when biting into it. Hmm, perhaps if I had some strawberry cream cheese spread? That would have been a very nice chaser for ALL of that bagel crust in the end.

My verdict?

I’m going to stick to my thin crispy crust Napolitano style pizzas with FRESH ingredients piled high that are made fresh to order. Plenty of places for that. Its good but not enough to have me cross county lines, mucho traffic and go through the frustration of finding parking to get to this joint! Its a’right to have if and when I’m in the neighborhood.

Pizza Slice

Wild Mushroom

the plac is a pit, but that is the fun of it....

the plac is a pit, but that is the fun of it. It is the best pizza west of London. Whenever we are in Venice, this is a must stop place.

Brick House Cafe

American in Venice

Abbot's Habit

Coffeehouse in Venice

9/19/2018

An Ice Cream chowhound from Venice, CA tried Charlie Temmel in Venice.

5/26/2018

A diner from Palm Beach Gardens, FL tried Charlie Temmel in Venice.

1/15/2018

A diner from CA tried Rey's Pizza in Venice.

1/06/2018

A diner from Pomona, CA tried Pizza Hut in Venice.

1/05/2018

An Ethnic chowhound from Beverly Hills, CA tried Argentinian Empanadas in Venice.

12/17/2017

A Vegetarian food lover from Venice, CA tried The Butcher's Daughter in Venice and liked it. They liked the food.

9/16/2017

A dining patron from Los Angeles, CA tried Capri in Venice.

7/09/2017

A Mexican chowhound from Valley Springs, CA tried El Tarasco in Marina Del Ray.

7/09/2017

A Vegetarian chowhound from Pacoima, CA tried The Butcher's Daughter in Venice, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

4/07/2017

A Vegetarian chowhound from Los Angeles, CA tried The Butcher's Daughter in Venice, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pizza BYOB Kid Friendly
Sun-Sat 11:00AM - 11:00PM

Abbot's Pizza  Restaurant Reviews

Abbot's Pizza is located near the cities of Venezia, Cape May, De Witt, Marina Del Rey, and Marina Del Ray.
People found this by searching for: Abbots Pizza Venice, Abbot's Pizza Venice, Abbott Pizza Venice, Abbot's Habit Pizza Venice, Abbot Pizza Venice, Abbot Kinney Pizza Menu, Abbots Habit Pizza Venice, and Abbot's Habit Pizza Menu.