3535 Perkins Road
Baton Rouge, LA 70808

Acme Oyster House

Neighborhoods: Highlands/Perkins
Cuisine: Seafood, Gluten Free, Catering

Acme Oyster House is a Seafood, Gluten Free, and Catering restaurant where most Menuism users paid between $10 and $25 and tipped more than 18%.

Cons
"Food and service was amazing "
  • 3/05/2016

A diner from Plaquemine, LA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Cons
    Food and service was amazing
  • 9/07/2014

A Seafood chowhound from Dallas, TX tried it and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 8/31/2014

A diner from Dallas, TX tried it.

FareCritique photo

FareCritique

Portland, OR

The Best Chargrilled Oysters I Have Ever Tasted

I have had the pleasure of dining at several ACME Oyster House  locations including the flagship original in the French Quarter of New Orleans. My favorite, bar none, is the Baton Rouge venue. Perhaps it’s because this is the only restaurant that ACME actually built for themselves. ( The other buildings were all pre-existing when ACME moved in). Maybe it’s because I like the menu better in the Baton Rouge location. I think it’s because they have the friendliest staff.

My favorite place to dine is at the bar right in front of the shuckers
and the grill.  I enjoy the friendly repartee shared with Everett and Leo as they prepare my two dozen Chargrilled Oysters while I sip an
ice cold Abita Amber served up by Kaitlin, Alexis or Courtney. In my
opinion ACME serves THE BEST chargrilled oysters. I’ve slurped
comparable ones at Parrain’s, Drago’s, Mike Anderson’s, Zydeco’s
and a myriad of other establishments but I prefer ACME’s over all
the others.

I have tried other fare here. The Étouffée, gumbo, fish, red beans & rice, etcetera is very good but I’m usually too full of oysters and beer to order anything else.

They also offer a frequent diner program which basically gives you 20% off which is nice for those of us who would keep coming back anyway.

Five stars ACME!

sugar520 photo

sugar520

Baton Rouge, LA

Best chargrilled oysters this side of Drago's

Last week I had the best Friday ever. My office went to Acme for lunch to send off a colleague back to the mid west and my boyfriend was just in from the mid west for spring break and wanted chargrilled oysters so it was Acme for dinner as well. The chargrilled oysters were great both at lunch and later that night at dinner. They were fresh and fat and salty and everything a chargrilled oyster should be. With such a big party for lunch we had one of every appetizer and everything from the Boo fries (which I could only hope to refine with the addition of jalapeños) to the fried crab claws was delicious. All were fresh and hot really good food. Acme does fried very well. That night my boyfriend and I had the Captain Mike’s platter for 2. It was all really really good from the fried catfish to the coleslaw and everything in between. The wait staff is attentive but not bothersome and the service is quick even though the place is usually crazy busy.

Dozen Chargrilled oysters

They are fresh and fat and salty and everything a chargrilled oyster should be with just the right amount of butter, seasoning and Parmesan cheese.

Seafood Takeout Gluten Free

Acme Oyster House  Restaurant Reviews

Acme Oyster House is located near the cities of Capital Heights and Fairwoods.
People found this by searching for: Acme On Perkins, Acme Restaurant Baton Rouge, Acme Oyster House Baton Rouge, Acme Resturant Baton Rouge, La, Perkins Gluten Free Menu, Acme Oyster House Baton Rouge Menu, and Acme Oyster House 3535 Perkins Rd Baton Rouge La.