2515 Artesia Blvd
Redondo Beach, CA 90278

Al-Hamra Halal Cafe

Cuisine: Kabob, Middle Eastern, Cafe

Al-Hamra Halal Cafe is a Kabob, Middle Eastern, and Cafe restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go, paid less than $10, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

• 1/19/2015

A dining patron from San Jose, CA tried it and didn't like it.

• 8/28/2014

A Kabob food lover from San Jose, CA tried it.

coolsreek photo

coolsreek

Riverside, CA

Best Kabobs & Shawarma in South Bay

When I lived in Redondo beach I used to visit restaurant atleast twice a week and I have tried all of their chicken and lamb dishes. The best thing about this restuarant other than great tasting kabobs and shawarma’s is their friendly service. The new owner did a great job of converting this restaurant from a limited menu when it was with the previous owner to a much wider variety of freshly cooked meat items. The way they cook the items in front of you makes it mouth watering and witht heir friendly service people come back to the restuarant and recommend it to their family and friends.

Chicken Kabob

Great tasting kabob cokked right infront of your eyes.

velozo photo

velozo

Gardena, CA

Nice to have this place in the South Bay Area

4.5 stars for good food and good, friendly service. It’s not their fault, but I’m taking a half star for parking and ease of access. Artesia is very crowded and that little parking lot ain’t big enough for the number of businesses there.

I read their lamb was good so I ordered the lamb stew that comes with vegetables on a bed of rice with a big ol’ lamb shank on top. Then I asked the guy what else I should try. He said the lamb kabob. I said sounds good. I thought I was ordering two meals. When I got home, I was thoroughly amused at how large one of their meals are. It was easily four meals, and I personally kinda eat too much. Their lamb dishes are very tasty. I really had a good time eating their food. While I was waiting for my food to go, the guy brought me a piece of baklava. That was very nice of him to do and it tasted good too.

Also, while I was waiting, there was some idiot in there who ordered shawerma. Don’t get me wrong. He’s not an idiot because he ordered a shawerma. He’s an idiot, because after waiting about ten minutes started to complain angrily. He exclaims, "Where’s my order at? It’s been 20 minutes. (Dean thinks, “no a-hole, it’s only been about 10”) It’s only a damn shawerma. What’s the problem?!?" At this point, I looked around, seen the annoyed look on people’s faces, then decided to not intervene. The idiot did deserve to be checked though and I did give him a look to let him know. He just looked away, so I thought karma will follow.

Anyway, this small, friendly restaurant is all about business. It’s business is making good food at bargain prices. I say bargain, because one $9.99 lamb kabob or lamb stew plate is good for two meals easy. I hope they stick around for a long time.

Lamb Stew

One big ol’ moist flavorful lamb shank with a variety of vegetables on top of a bed of rice. This is a lot of food. It’s about two meals easy. It’s real good, though. Very fresh ingredients are used in their dishes. Good flavor and very tasty stuff.

k1k2 photo

k1k2

Redondo Beach, CA

Amazing food!

The staff is so friendly. Ask for a recommendation on what to eat they are happy to help you out.

We had a party and ordered food from them. The owner helped us decide how much we needed, we were worried about not having enough and ordered more food, he tried to talk us out of it. He was right, we would have had PLENTY of food with just what he suggested. (The portions here are HUGE!) Everyone loved everything!!! A special comment about their AMAZING homemade hummus, it is beyond good! Everyone should try it.

We have had just about everything on the menu and it is all wonderful!

While we agree with a previous post about the parking being difficult at times, the food outweighs the parking so we gave it 5 stars.

Hummus

The hummus is homemade and incredible. The give you pita bread to serve with it. It comes with the entrees but it we always buy a side of it.

5/27/2019

A diner from US tried The Cheesecake Factory.

5/16/2019

A diner from Corona, CA tried Casa Pulido, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

2/19/2019

A dining patron from US tried Panera Bread.

1/19/2019

A Coffee & Tea food lover from CA tried Paris Baguette.

12/31/2018

An American Traditional food lover from Los Angeles, CA tried Schooner Bar & Grill.

11/29/2018

A Hawaiian food lover from Baton Rouge, LA tried L&L Hawaiian Barbecue.

10/19/2018

An American food lover from Los Angeles, CA tried Ruby's Diner and liked it.

9/09/2018

A dining patron from US tried Schooner Bar & Grill.

8/31/2018

A Seafood chowhound from Milan, MI tried Blue Moon Saloon (CLOSED).

7/27/2018

A Sandwiches chowhound from Torrance, CA tried Panera Bread.

Kabob Middle Eastern Cafe

Al-Hamra Halal Cafe   Restaurant Reviews

Al-Hamra Halal Cafe is located near the cities of Hermosa Beach, Hollywood Riviera, Manhattan Beach, Torrance, and Lawndale.
People found this by searching for: Shwarma In Torrance, Artesia Blvd, Redondo Beach Kabob, Kabob Restaurant In Artesia Blvd., Gardena Ca, Kabobs On Artesia, Alhamra Kabobs, Al Hamra Torrance, Kabobs In Redondo Beach, and Kabobs Redondo Beach Ca.