1201 Hotel Cir S
San Diego, CA 92108-3407

Albie's Beef Inn

Neighborhoods: Mission Valley West
Cuisine: Lunch, Breakfast, Sandwiches

Albie's Beef Inn is a Lunch, Breakfast, and Sandwiches restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Sandwich-300x200

guess photo

guess

Bonsall, CA

What a disappointment

Albie’s Beef Inn was one on my Mom’s favorite hangouts in the late 60’s thru the 70’s. For years we have stopped in there on occasion … had a Beefeater Martini up… for “Mom”… and had a dependably good steak or seafood meal. Yesterday we met an old friend of my Mom’s for her 71st Bday….. decided to go to Albie’s… as the friend used to hang out in there with Mom. Physically the place hasn’t changed… great bar… dark :-)… Piano Music… you just think you’ve stepped back 30 years :-) Very good drink prices and they pour a good drink… that hasn’t changed.

But… as the title of the review warns… the food has changed. Happy hour munchies were the first hint that management no longer cares.

The most popular thing on their menu… for all these years has been the bacon wrapped Fillet Mignon. Of course I had that… and will rate it separately.

Terri had their fresh Halibut. They took a beautiful piece of fresh fish… breaded it… slathered it in butter and garlic and ruined it. Was delivered to the table almost raw… took it back… with instructions to not put more butter on it… brought it back … with more butter… and cooked to mush.

One of the four meals being not up to par would be a mistake. The combination of the appetizers… and all meals being mediocre at best was really dissapointing. I used to go out of my way to drive from Bonsall to Albies on occaision… like one of my birthdays somewhere back in my 50’s :-)… but no more. The management and Chef are not paying attention to details at all… and one of my old favorites… gets a really poor review.

Bacon wrapped Fillet Mignon

Looked good. Cooked properly. Tender. Absolutely no flavor at all. Strangest steak I’ve ever eaten. The twice baked potato was more like a frozen Costco item than something a chef had cared about. Best thing on the plate was the candied carrot… sweet… tender… and really a treat.

heenacruzl photo

heenacruzl

Lake Havasu City, AZ

thanks

The things you give are very convincing, I have read it many times and feel very logical. This is my own opinion, but many people may not be like that, but I hope you continue to develop to have more similar articles.
game

Frozen Yogurt in Clairemont Mesa

Greek Islands Cafe

Greek in Marina

Albie's Beef Inn  Restaurant Reviews

Albie's Beef Inn is located near the cities of San Diego County, Hillcrest, Coronado, and Old Town San Diego.
People found this by searching for: Albie's Beef Inn San Diego Ca, Albies Beef Inn Menu, Albies Restaurant Mission Valley, Albies Menu, Albie's Beef Inn Menu, Albies Restaurant San Diego, and Menu For Albie's Beef Inn.