424 S Bethlehem Pike
Fort Washington, PA 19034

Alison Two

Cuisine: Contemporary American, Bar, American

Alison Two is a Contemporary American, Bar, and American restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped more than 18%.

GoodFoodForMe photo

GoodFoodForMe

Philadelphia, PA

Overated, overcharged, my visits here are over

For business went here twice on request. Reservations 2-3 weeks in advance for weekends. To be fair, I’m writing this revue after 2 visits, rather than one. Both were consistent. Each time, we were over 8 in a party.

I drink wine a lot, and eat fish. This place claims fame for fish dishes.

Neither the wine nor the fish was outstanding for value. If I pay top dollar, you better do your quality control right. If some patrons had an A+ experience and others a C-, that’s still a problem, good restaurants need a reputation, so it must be consistent.

I’ve eaten at Le Bec Fin several times during the old days. You got what you paid for, at least in terms of taste and quality, over volume.

Apparently, here is a placed to be seen, rather than to eat. The decor is chic and artificial feeling. Its like a date with much cosmetic surgery, it seems to look good until you get your hands on it or she talks.

What was wrong:

The wine was left standing too long, it was slightly tannic. I should have sent it back, but was too busy and didn’t was to look like an AH in front of guests.

The bottled wine was no better, choice were limited by the owner’s palate, and what it is. Poor choices, poor vintage.

The fish was not fresh. I know what fresh fish is like, I fish for fun. You can get live fresh fish at most Asian supermarkets. There’s a difference: Mrs. Pauls is bottom, good sushi, top. Allison’s is in the middle. Anything lower is a trip to the ER for food poisoning.

Service: attentive but plebeian. Multiple waiters didn’t know who ordered what, didn’t know how to set up a table, nor which side to serve. If you’re going to play the cultured waiter act, they didn’t know the game plan. Methinks they are harassed by their managers more than needed, they looked scared and uptight.

Whomever was the maître d’ thought too highly of herself.

I’ve had better honest meals at a greasy spoon in south Philly, where Nick knows good food, and couldn’t give a hoot about plastic covers on his tables.

No strike 3 for me, Alison 2 to File 13.

Oh yes, we waited almost an hour for the food.

Swordfish

Fish was not fresh. Teaspoon size side dishes.

Wine

Not the best vintage, left standing too long before served.

restaurantgoer photo

restaurantgoer

Glenside, PA

LOVE this restaurant!

My hubby and I have eaten at Alison Two several times, and we have had some amazing meals. We have enjoyed the food immensely and so have the friends we have taken there.

The cocktails and the wine list are interesting and we found them priced fairly.

Here are some of the dishes we tried:

Scallpps with Potato Gnocchi – the flavors in the dish are perfectly balanced, the scallops are tender, light gnocchi complemented by a sauce that is deep in flavor, but not overwhelming.

Roasted Chicken with Salsify Puree and Brussels Sprouts – so delicious! the pan sauce that accompanies this dish is deeply flavored and the chicken was tender and juicy. I was so pleased to see salsify on a restaurant menu; it is seldom seen and I love the veggie.

Beet Salad with Goat Cheese Bavarian – this was an amazing first course; an assortment of perfectly seasoned beets with an exquisite and deelicious goat cheese bavarian (molded cheese accompaniment)

Wild Mushrooms with heirloom Grits and shaved Aged Jack – I wanted to lick my plate. I will definitely order this one again.

Hanger Steak with Frites – whatever the frites were seasoned with, they were exceptional. (As was the steak.)

One night we were sitting at the bar after seeing a movie at the Ambler Theater. We shared the most amazing corn soup – perfectly smooth and the absolute essence of corn flavor, along with a Tuna Slider that we nearly fought over because it was so delicious.

My husband had a salad with a poached egg on top. He loved it and ordered it the next 2 times we went there.

We received great service, and had no complaints, at any of the several times we ate there. I’m not sure why the others were displeased, but I have NO complaints, and will go back again.

We travel all over the world, and have eaten in many top restaurants in Europe and the US. We don’t know what the others experienced, but we are very pleased with our experience at Alison Two.

Lenvention photo

Lenvention

Extremely Disappointed

Booked a table for two for our 30th anniversary. What a disappointing experience! The service was terrible. The waiter forgot to take our order then tried to blame the kitchen for losing it. When we mentioned he never took the order in the first place, he exclaimed, “that’s great, no problem then”! Finally, the main courses arrived. We had the Bass and the Skate. Both dishes where bland, poorly cooked, and uninteresting. Nothing about the experience was memorable. Okay, the wine was lovely. At well over $300.00 for the meal. I felt ripped off. The entire evening felt like what happens when one rises to their level of incompetence. Alison, you have a lot of work to do to make this restaurant a success. You are not quite the superstar you fancy yourself to be…….

BYOmygod photo

BYOmygod

Plymouth Meeting, PA

Overcharged, underserved and underfed

Small portions, high prices, small glasses of wine. Not to mention the Alison attitude. Just another extension of arrogance from the pseudo superstar chef.

Tressler photo

Tressler

Ambler, PA

Very overpriced!!!! The night we were there...

Very overpriced!!!! The night we were there they ran out of Ketel One and Belvedere vodka. Then – to top it off they were out of the house white wine!

Appetizers were excellent but dinner entrees were very very average and completely over priced.

Strange layout and decorating leaves a lot to be desired — she loves those curtains for some unknown reason!

Would suggest if you go – just get an appetizer and drink and call it a night.

realitycheck photo

realitycheck

Life is Good!

I had a wonderful experience dining at Alison two. I was surprised how together the restaurant seemed after finding out they have only been open about two months. I love the colors that have been chosen. It’s a deep cobalt blue with sun drenched yellow tones. There are cozy booths as well as tables. We were taken to our table quickly and greeted promptly by a server named Donna. She was able to answer any questions we had regarding the menu and the wine. We were able to match our entrees with different wines from the many wines by the glass selections. We tried the chopped salad and the crab cake. Both were delicious. For entrees, I being the more adventurous diner, selected the grilled tuna ca cha. My guest selected the roasted chicken. I tasted some of my friend’s dinner and loved that also. We saved room for dessert and split the cookie plate. There were about 1 dozen cookies on the plate! It was great with the coffee. I know that I want to bring other friends to try out this new place. Good Luck to the staff at Alison Two!

JMG101 photo

JMG101

New York, NY

Amazing Lunch, Great Service, Lovely Space

For those of you who remember the old Marita’s, you’d barely be able to recognize this lovely, refurbished space. Lots of calming blue and pretty, COMFORTABLE chairs. There’s also a wonderful lounge area with a fireplace and lots of cozy places to sit. It’s truly a warm and welcoming space. The brussels sprouts, with bacon and other incredible flavors are like nothing I’ve ever had before (just wonderful) and the french fries and bacon taste fantastic and manage not to be greasy or overwhelming as they might be under the loving attention of a lesser chef than Alison Barshack. I live in New York City, so I tend to be critical of restaurants outside the area, especially those that purport to be fine dining. (I’m definitely a spoiled eater!) But of Alison 2, I can come up with only compliments. The staff is attentive and well informed. The food is just delicious and the prices for lunch, which is the meal I ate there, are reasonable. Definitely worth a visit.

basketbabe852 photo

basketbabe852

Lansdale, PA

Wonderful new adddtion to Fort Washington

We have eaten there several times. Food is fabulous . the service is top notch. Decor is clean and interesting. Side porch for dining is the best. Seafood is always of the highest quality. Dessert are wonderful.

Sheila photo

Sheila

Flourtown, PA

Sadly disappointing

Pretentious, overpriced, trendy, poor value for the price, loud, average but over-priced food, tense staff, poor service. Did I say pretentious? Not worth your money, she doesn’t really care if you come or not. So, find a better, more welcoming and more genuine place to enjoy.

Fish

fair

Michelle_Tanner photo

Michelle_Tanner

Philadelphia, PA

A Great Addition to the 'Burbs!

Alison Two has only been open for about a month, but we’ve already been there several times. The food is so good that I have to restrain myself from licking the plate. I especially enjoyed the scallop gnocchi dish and the skate. I broke my diet for the espresso hazelnut tart – and I would do it again. It has a cool atmosphere and a full bar. It’s a nice addition to the suburbs!

drs photo

drs

Huntingdon Valley, PA

Very disappointing

The limited menu did not even include any daily specials – I would have thought that a place specializing in seafood would have at least one offering based on whatever was best at the Food Distribution Center that morning. For lack of anything else that looked appetizing, we had the filet. I have had tastier filets at home and at substantially less money. The accompanying onions were overcooked, as was the asparagus.
The place itself was not well ventilated (seemed stuffy) and noisy.
Our waiter was indifferent. The bread came out long after we were seated and had given our order and we practically had to trip him to get his attention. We asked another server to get us our check, instead the waiter came over and literally stuck the dessert menu in front of my husband’s face while he was in mid-sentence.
We had been looking forward to this, and went home very disappointed.

SUZSS0811 photo

SUZSS0811

Phoenixville, PA

One of my Faves!

My husband and I frequented Alison at Blue Bell for many years and very much looked forward to the opening of Alison Two. We were not disappointed. Not only can you get the same great food that you got at the original (scallops w/gnocci, crab cakes and ginger fried squid – yum!)…you also get to eat in a totally hip and interesting space. It’s hard to believe you are in Fort Washington and not downtown. I took a friend from Chicago recently who has been to some of the well known Windy City establishiments including Tru and Everest. She said that the dinner we had that night ranked right up there with some of the best she has had. Way to go Alison – we look forward to coming back again soon!

Fish

Alison’s sea scallops with gnocci are so good everyone who has tried them has said the same ..“Delicious”!

Salmon Tartare with Potato Pancakes

This dish is so good – I am alway happy to see it back on the meu when it appears. Love the creme fraiche too.

mcdevitt photo

mcdevitt

Elkins Park, PA

diverse, consistent menu; understated elegant decor

In October, I had dinner twice at Alison Two. On both occasions, dinner was excellent – on one occasion, dining as a party of two and on a subsequent visit, dining as a party of four. As frequent diners of Alison at Blue Bell, we were not disappointed. In fact, during the soft opening, some of the Alison at Blue Bell selections were even tastier than we recalled.
In November, we enjoyed our dinner and lunch and were pleased with new menu offerings. In particular, lunch menu offers diners a wide array from apps to entree at reasonable prices.
For dinner entrees, tuna, scallops, lamb and hanger steak outstanding. There’s a new chopped salad with poached egg and crouton large enough to suffice as an entree.
Last week we tried bar menu during happy hour – an excellent value: tuna sliders, burgers, shrimp with noodles and fab fries were enjoyed by my party of four – with glasses of wine and classic cocktails at happy hour prices served by our friendly and helpful bartender, Dave. As we were leaving, the hostess gave each of us bags of holiday cookies – a gracious gesture.
From hostess to busboy, service on each visit was excellent: professional, upbeat, helpful servers answering questions and when asked, offering suggestions.
New dining chairs are extremely comfortable and overall ambiance reminiscent of a great salon – but not stuffy.
And when we do dine out, we’ll be delighted to return to Alison Two if we can snag a reservation.

Contemporary American Casual Elegant Reservations

Alison Two  Restaurant Reviews

Alison Two is located near the cities of Ambler, Ft Washington, Broad Axe, Lower Gwynedd, and Dresher.
People found this by searching for: Allison Ii Fort Washington, Allison's Restaurant Fort Washington Pa, Alison 2 Fort Washington, Allison's Ii Fort Washington Pa, Allison Two Fort Washington, Alison Two, and Allisons Restaurant Near Fort Washignton.