1184 Rue Bishop
Montreal Metro Area, QC H3G 2E3

Allo Inde

(Between Boulevard René-Lévesque O and Rue Ste-Catherine O)

Neighborhoods: Peter-McGill
Cuisine: Indian, Vegetarian

Allo Inde is a Indian and Vegetarian restaurant where most Menuism users came for a business meeting, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

AnimaBlue photo

AnimaBlue

Hello Indian Happiness!

Hello India is tucked away in the basement across the street from the Peel metro station (Stanley exit) & you just might miss seeing it if you blink.

But don´t just blink.
Stop. Stay awhile. An Indian feast awaits, served with attentive unobtrusive service, in a richly decorated Indian oasis in Montreal.

This resto has a few of the bests for me:

Best Mulligatawny soup. You´ll taste every delightful spice floating in this rich sea.

Best Chicken Tandoori. The chicken is so tender it doesn´t melt in your mouth. It dissolves gently, deeply, and oh so happily. The spices are just right and thoroughly soaked into the meat.

Best chai tea. Hello my cardommomy new best friend.
No other place in town beats their chai. And I´ve tried lots & lots. This is actually the place I first tried chai tea. And there has been no looking back since.

Hello India also has a nice range of Balti dishes, cooked fresh onions, capsicums, tomatoes and with a large healthy helping of coriander. You choose how spicy you want it.

Oh and here is a tip:
Print out the 20% off coupon from their website & present it before ordering:

When you try Hello India, you´ll keep saying hello hello hello to a new & fabulous Indian treat.

Chicken Tandoori

Tender half-chicken marinated in a special recipe, barbecued over charcoal in the tandoori. Served with salad, vegetable rice and the chef’s special sauce.

carlos28 photo

carlos28

Indian food

I stopped in last week because I had a hankering for Indian and Allo Inde was just a block away from where I was. I guess I was a bit late for the lunch crowd because the dining room was empty, except for a couple of people near the window finishing their meals.

The bartender looked up and motioned me toward what was obviously not one of the choicer tables and instead of a nice, sunny view of Rue Stanley, I was treated to a corner on the dark side of the bar with a view of a high chair and a rack of tourist brochures. Big deal? Well, I was hungry and I wasn’t that picky so I guess I won’t hold it against them.

As I made myself comfortable, it became clear that the staff were setting up for dinner and I was a bit sad that I didn’t get a flickering votive at my table. (So long as it’s not burning down my house, I love fire.) The waiter made it all better, however, when along with the menu, he left the list of $9.99 lunch specials. I didn’t look past the first item, chicken curry, and I placed my order, along with a can of Coca Cola and naan.

A few moments later, the waiter brought me a bowl of lentil soup and just as I finished that, out came my naan and chicken curry, a small salad and a vegetable dish with cauliflower that I couldn’t quite identify. It wasn’t the best Indian meal I’d ever eaten but for fifteen dollars including the tip, I got a tasty lunch and more food than I could eat. I would definitely return although next time, I’d ask for a better table.

rwarren69 photo

rwarren69

Hello to flavor

I have been to this restaurant twice, both times for a group meeting with an industry association. We sat in the back, where there was a large screen set up for presentations.

The menu is quite extensive, with a large selection of both meat and vegetarian items. Note that rice and naan are not included with the dishes.

Service is pretty good, although when I was ready to leave, it took a while to find someone to handle my bill. On the second visit, I was quoted a figure for the total, but when the order was punched into the computer, the total was lower. Then I was given back too much change, adding further to the discount.

chicken Jalfresi

This is a boldly seasoned dish with (a few) chicken chunks, tomatoes, and onions in a creamy sauce. While I enjoyed the flavors in this dish, I had the misfortune of chomping down on a large piece of hot pepper! The tears rolled down my face as I attempted to rescue my taste buds with water and bread.

chicken Bhoona

This is a thick stew with tomatoes and green peppers, and a dark gravy. It is not very spicy, but I enjoyed it.

7/13/2019

A Chinese food lover from Gatineau, QC tried Kam Shing Chinese Restaurant in Cote-des-Neiges-Notre-Dame-de-Grace and liked it. They liked the food and liked the service.

6/25/2019

A Pizza chowhound from Gretna, LA tried Riverview Restaurant Pizzeria in Verdun.

5/30/2019

An American food lover from Victoria, BC tried Chao Phraya in Le Plateau-Mont-Royal.

5/25/2019

An Italian food lover from Terrebonne, QC tried Restaurant Lo Stivale D'Oro in Ville-Marie.

5/23/2019

A food lover from Montréal, QC tried St. Pius X Culinary Institute in Ahuntsic-Cartierville and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

5/13/2019

A food lover from Trois-rivières, QC tried Restaurant Kim Foo in Peter-McGill.

4/09/2019

A dining patron from Lasalle, QC tried Restaurant Trattoria Trestevere in Peter-McGill.

2/28/2019

A diner from Toronto, ON tried Restaurant El Parador in Cote-des-Neiges-Notre-Dame-de-Grace, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

2/08/2019

A dining patron from CA tried Pendeli's Pizza in Hampstead.

12/31/2018

A Chinese food lover from South Weymouth, MA tried China Plaza Restaurant.

Indian Downtown Vegetarian

Allo Inde  Restaurant Reviews

Allo Inde is located near the cities of St Colomban and Saint Colomban.
People found this by searching for: Allo Indians Photos, Hello Inde Montreal, Allo Inde Bishop, Allo Inde Montreal Menu, Allo Inde Stanley Street, Tandoor Kaby, Allo Inde, Hello India Montreal, and Where Can I Get The Best Chai Tea In Montreal.