Alston Bridges Barbecue

Cuisine: BBQ, Barbecue, Burgers

Overall
Pros
"Fast service with a smile"
"Love it great food"
"Extremely good food"
"I has chopped beef sandwich with BBQ slaw, hush puppies & tea. It was delicious"
"Ribs "
Cons
"Food"
Comments
"No"
"Get there early they get busy fast"
"highly recommend"
SearchOf photo

SearchOf

Columbia, SC

Great BBQ

I have had the good fortune of being born to one of the prevalent founding (Beam) families of Shelby. Unfortunately, I only get a chance to visit Shelby during family reunions. For that reason alone, I have had the good fortune of coming across one of the hidden secrets of the Kings Mountain Realm.

You are just going to have to trust me on this one! Bridges barbeque is legendary. I am not sure whether it is the sauce, or the red slaw – or possibly both, but the two together are inextricably the best flavor in barbeque! For the record, I come from Columbia, SC – where mustard and ketchup based barbeque are king. I have also lived in Texas – home of the brisket.

I would suggest that you get the sliced (not chopped) variety.

By the way, if you want a real testament, my kids loved the barbeque sandwiches. Since I alos love them, we are having to ration portions in my household.

ncgirl photo

ncgirl

Hendersonville, NC

Great!

I love the food at this restaurant. The barbecue is served with a tangy vinegar-based sauce and red slaw that is also tangy and just a little bit hot. The hush puppies are fresh and crispy. Mmmm!

BBQ Barbecue Burgers

Alston Bridges Barbecue  Restaurant Reviews

• 8/29/2016 A diner from Greenville, SC tried it.

• 6/03/2016 A diner from Charlotte, NC tried it.

• 4/27/2016 A diner from Charlotte, NC tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 3/04/2016 A diner from Asheboro, NC tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the service and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Fast service with a smile
    Cons
    None
    Comments
  • 3/01/2016 A diner from Charlotte, NC tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 2/27/2016 A diner from Charlotte, NC tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 2/24/2016 A diner from Newport, TN tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 2/01/2016 A diner from Charlotte, NC tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 11/30/2015 A diner from TN tried it.

• 9/16/2015 A diner from Charlotte, NC tried it and liked it. They liked the food.

People found this by searching for: Bridges Barbeque Shelby Nc, Alston Bridges Barbeque Shelby Nc, Alston Bridges Bbq Shelby Nc, Bridges Barbecue Shelby Nc, Alston Bridges Barbecue Shelby Nc, Bridges Barbecue, and Bridges Bbq Shelby.