359 Us 130
East Windsor, NJ 08520-2708

Americana Diner & Restaurant

Cuisine: Diner, Gluten Free, Burgers

Americana Diner & Restaurant is a Diner, Gluten Free, and Burgers restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

• 2/11/2019

A Diner food lover from Brooklyn, NY tried it and liked it.

• 10/04/2017

A Diner food lover from Hightstown, NJ tried it.

• 7/24/2015

A Diner chowhound from Runnemede, NJ tried it.

BananaWoo photo

BananaWoo

Minneapolis, MN

Time to Dine!

Diner style and diner food, that is what you’ll find at the Americana Diner and restaurant. From the tile and stone outside to the neons and vinyl inside, the Americana sticks to its roots. Although I have never been there before it seemed busy and like people were enjoying themselves. I assume it is still living up to its more or less famous name.

The entrance was filled with people, young and old alike. We put in our name for a table for two and stood around the front of the building only briefly before we were seated. I enjoyed the outside which displayed a clock and the phrase “time to dine” on a stone structure which reminded me of the fireplace in my grandparent’s old house.

We sat at a small two person table near the diner bar. Trays with clear plastic covers hold mounds of greasy, sugary pastries. A man behind the counter dumps a box of oranges into a juicing machine. We went for coffee, but they squeeze their orange juice fresh everyday. The whole place was electric with mostly Jersey natives talking about who knows what. I was too busy trying to tackle the menu before our waitress got back.

The Americana serves breakfast, lunch and dinner fare. There are a few items special for brunch which is served during certain times. The menu is about 12 pages long and includes pretty much anything you could want from a diner. Since I arrived on the east coast my diet consisted of red meat and more red meat so I decided on something not in that category. I was hopeful for some disco fries (my east coast friend told me about these gravy covered wonders), but unfortunately Americana didn’t serve them and out waitress looked quite confused by our request. Damn. We opted for Ultimate Potato Boats instead (tato skins if you will). I went with the eggs benedict and my friend did the corned beef hash.

There was a little bit of a wait, given it was busy and our waitress wasn’t exactly what I would call ‘friendly’, but we managed to get our food so I was happy. The potato boats were awesome and rather artsy for a diner. The eggs benedict were also above average. The hollandaise sauce was super rich, the ham was salty and the english muffins were buttery and warm. Served with a huge side of sliced fried potatoes. I was definitely potatoed out when I got back to the midwest.

I guess I don’t know what the Americana used to be, but if I was looking for a good diner meal I would consider this place a good bet. If you don’t mind waiting a bit I would recommend the Americana Diner and Restaurant. If and when I’m back in Jersey I wouldn’t mind taking another visit.

Ultimate Potato Boats at Americana Diner & Restaurant

Ultimate Potato Boats

4 potato skins filled with potato, bacon and cheese. Topped with sour cream and a fancy looking fried potato chip, these guys are hearty and delicious.

Eggs Benedict at Americana Diner & Restaurant

Eggs Benedict

Buttery english muffins topped with salty smoked ham, poached eggs and hollandaise sauce. Served with sliced fried potatoes on the side. Perfect texture and salt balance. I could sit down and easily eat this whole plate of greasy goodness.

HungryCharlie photo

HungryCharlie

Lebanon, NJ

Great Diner, Service a little slow

My only complaint is that service is a little slow BUT once you order the service is fast. I have been here twice, once on Mother’s Day and the other on a Sunday. Once we were seated we did have to wait a while both times to just get the drink order in. Other then that: The food was well prepared and exactly how it was ordered. A huge selection of food along with beer and wine make this diner a great place to go with family or friends. We were told a 15 minute wait for 2 people and it was 15 minutes or less. Not bad considering the size of the restaurant and the amount of people there! I recommend this place, this will become one of my favorite places for my Mom and I to go for some grub!

JERSEYGIRL photo

JERSEYGIRL

Princeton Junction, NJ

Just Not the Same

This used to be one of our favorite places for lunch or dinner but I have to admit, it just isn’t the same anymore… the food has really gone down in quality. So if we are in the mood for diner fare, we drive a bit farther south on Route 130 and go to Mastoris Diner in Bordentown.

July 10, 2011

Alli K

would have been better but compared to THE STARLIGHT the food was equally delicious, but cleanliness was a little sub par, bathrooms not as clean, waitstaff not as polished, customer responsive, or friendly. Also waiter brought check…
March 17, 2010

Great veggie burger

Great veggie burger!!! Such a wide variety of menu items. Fun atmosphere - always busy but they do a good job getting people in and out.
March 9, 2010

awesome diner

Great food and atmosphere! Stepping into this diner is like stepping back in time. The food is delicious and reasonably priced.

Diner Parking Outdoor seating

Americana Diner & Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

Americana Diner & Restaurant is located near the cities of Hightstown, E Windsor, Twin Rivers, East Windsor Twp, and Applegarth.
People found this by searching for: Americana Diner Route 130, Potato Boats, Americana Diner 130, Americana Diner, Americana Diner Route 130 Menu, Americana Diner Menu, Americana Diner East Windsor Nj, and Americana Diner East Windsor.