455 N Cityfront Plaza Dr
Chicago, IL 60611

Amira

Neighborhoods: Near North Side
Cuisine: Romantic, Lunch, Mediterranean

Amira is a Romantic, Lunch, and Mediterranean restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

justin photo

justin

Great location, ok food

I’ve been to Amira twice now – once for lunch and once for TechCocktail 3.

For lunch, the setting was really nice – good location, nice window seats, and real classy decor – but the food was just mediocre. There are better places to eat in the area, but there’s something fun about eating at NBC Tower.

For TechCocktail, the large space worked quite well. There’s the larger dining room and a smaller side room that provided ample space for 600 people to mingle in relative comfort. The food that was provided was ok. The fried shrimp was good, but the beef skewers were a tough. My biggest complaint was the coat check. There was a very long line to reach the coat room which was at the inner most point of the dining room and I didn’t notice the $4 sign until I waited for what seemed like 30 min…I opted not to check it in :).

I probably won’t be coming back just for food, but I would consider it if I was planning an event.

Skirt Steak

The sandwich had potential but the steak was a little tough for a sandwich – the meat kept coming out in huge chunks.

Blackened Salmon

Salmon in bread. Nothing spectacular, the flavors didn’t mix well.

Peachy318 photo

Peachy318

Chicago, IL

No good

The place is decorated nicely although the border along the dropped ceiling reading “olive, garlic, pepperoni,etc.” was clich√© and the glaring Pepsi soda machine was distracting. The food would have been fine, if it was served at an Olive Garden. I got the scallops & lobster ravioli in tomato cream sauce and my boyfriend had the Filet Mignon. My scallops were cooked well but flavorless, the ravioli was fine but you couldn’t taste the lobster; in fact, you couldn’t taste anything except the tomato cream sauce which was too thick/heavy. My boyfriend’s steak was overcooked and the barbeque sauce on the bacon too smoky. They said they only had their house wine, which was still $40(more expensive than even nicer restaurants). Our bill was $165 for two people including tip. For that kind of money I want to be blown away by the food. You could get the same food for less than half the cost at a number of chain restaurants including the Olive Garden and that doesn’t speak well for this place

Scallops and Lobster Ravioli

Tomato Cream sauce too rich, like it was made with only tomato paste and not fresh tomatoes

Romantic Lunch Mediterranean
Fri 11:00AM - 10:00PM
Sat 05:00PM - 10:00PM
Mon-Wed 11:00AM - 10:00PM
Thu 11:00AM - 02:00PM

Amira  Restaurant Reviews

Amira is located near the cities of Pilsen, Armour Square, Near South Side, Mc Kinley Park, and Near West Side.
People found this by searching for: Amira Chicago, Restaurants By Nbc Tower Chicago Il, Nbc Tower Restaurant, Amira Restaurant Chicago, Near Nbc Towers Chicago Restaurants, Amira Nbc Tower, and Best Places To Eat By Nbc Towers Chicago.