Anahuac Mexican Restaurant

Neighborhoods: South End
Cuisine: Mexican, Gluten Free, Catering

Anahuac Mexican Restaurant is a Mexican, Gluten Free, and Catering restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid less than $10, and tipped more than 18%.

Overall
Pros
"Best Mexican food in Tacoma."
"Food"
"Wonderful owners, great variety on the menu, terrific place for a party, best Margaritas"
"The food is authentic and the service was second to none"
"There were no cons."
Comments
"The food is authentic, and the service is great. This is the only Mexican restaurant that I have been to since I moved from Arizona that has good Mexican food. I am not easy to please when it comes to good Mexican food, I was used to eating the very best "
  • 7/28/2016

A Mexican chowhound from US tried it and liked it. They liked the food.

• 2/27/2016

A Cafe food lover from Houston, TX tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Best Mexican food in Tacoma.
    Cons
    None
  • 12/06/2015

A diner from Seattle, WA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 7/05/2015

A diner from Tacoma, WA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 5/10/2015

A Mexican food lover from San Jose, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Cons
    None
  • 12/31/2014

Pros
    The food is authentic and the service was second to none
    Cons
    There were no cons.
  • 8/13/2013

A Mexican chowhound from Tacoma, WA tried it.

chopin42 photo

chopin42

Tacoma, WA

What a Tacoma gem!

I went to Anahuac (pronounced an-nah-wack) today for lunch. My mother and I decided to check the place out before inviting my twin, family and friends for a birthday party.

We were so glad we did. The first criteria for me is the salsa. It was awesome. Even my finicky, cilantro-hating mother loved it. She kept saying how fresh it tasted and that it was the best she had ever had. I kept agreeing as she kept repeating it. Nice heat to it too. It kind of sneaks up on you and you’re so glad it did.

I had the original chili relleno. It truly was the best chili relleno I’ve eaten. It came with rice and beans. Excellent rice. The refried beans were typical fare.

Service was exceptional and the atmosphere was charming. The restaurant is nicely decorated and very clean. I even liked the music which is not typically the case in most mexican restaurants. The music in other mexican restaurants have made me feel like screaming and wanting a to-go bag stat. Not the case here.

I hear the margaritas are excellent and will try one or three on my birthday. I’m not driving. I’ll keep you posted.

Original Chili Relleno

Excellent. See review.

tinamw20 photo

tinamw20

Tacoma, WA

Awsome

the food at anahuac was awsome i have driven past this place for years finally went inside the people were great the drink was great the size of the food was great i ordered a steak burrito best burrito i have had the food was so great when went back the very next day with our family…thanks anahuac for the great food if you like mexican food go here

steak burrito

the platter was huge i had left overs the food was hot and ready for to eat enjoy its great food

July 16, 2008

Welcome to Mexico

If only this place was closer to home I would be dining here many times a month. The food is great and the people are so friendly. You feel so at home. I like the decor and also like the idea that you can rent out their banquet rooms for…

Subway

Sandwiches in South End

Hong Kong Restaurant

Chinese in South End

11/18/2017

A dining patron from Kent, WA tried Soul in North End.

11/14/2017

A dining patron from Tacoma, WA tried Vuelve A La Vida in South End, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Comments
This is the real deal. Awesome food.
11/10/2017

A diner from Seattle, WA tried Anthonys At Point Defiance.

11/03/2017

A Chinese chowhound from Tacoma, WA tried Hong Kong Restaurant in South End.

11/02/2017

A Japanese chowhound from US tried KOTO Teriyaki Restaurant, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

10/28/2017

A dining patron from Tacoma, WA tried Puget Sound Pizza in New Tacoma.

10/24/2017

A diner from US tried Spud's Pizza Parlor in Eastside, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Food was great
10/23/2017

A dining patron from Tacoma, WA tried 2121 Tavern and liked it.

10/23/2017

A food lover from Tacoma, WA tried Allenmore Golf Course Restaurant in Central.

10/22/2017

A chowhound from US tried Emerald Queen Casino I-5 in Eastside.

Mexican Gluten Free Parking

Anahuac Mexican Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

People found this by searching for: Anahuac Mexican Restaurant Tacoma, Wa, Anahuac Mexican Restaurant In Tacoma Wa, Anahuac Mexican Restaurant, Anahuac Restaurant Tacoma Reviews, Mexican Restaurant Tacoma, Mexican Restaurant In Tacoma Pacific Ave, Anahuac Mexican Restaurant Tacoma, Anahuac Restaurant Tacoma Wa, and Anahuac Tacoma.