1636 W Montrose Ave
Chicago, IL 60613-1214

Angel Food Bakery

Neighborhoods: Ravenswood
Cuisine: Bakeries, Catering, Vegan

Angel Food Bakery is a Bakeries, Catering, and Vegan restaurant where most Menuism users paid between $10 and $25 and tipped between 15% to 18%.

LouMalnatis4eva photo

LouMalnatis4eva

Chicago, IL

Quench that sweet tooth

I came here with my husband for brunch and stayed for dessert. I pretty much had to force my husband to try this place out because he immediately pegged it as a “girl place”. Ok so I loved the Easy Bake Oven collectible displays above-I guess I should have known this wouldn’t have been his type of place. Afriad that the portion size would be a “girl size”, I ordered the deviled eggs (3 for $1.50). My husband liked it so much he got another round! I then got the Chicken Waldorf Salad which I thought was a good lunch portion and pretty satisfied overall. My husband got a steak sandwich and hated the portion size. He’s kind of a tall guy and likes his steak sandwiches Chicago style. Since it is a bakery we had to try the sweets of course. He got a cupcake that had kind of a marshallow pie on top while I got the mud pie cupcakes. Yes, it’s another $3.00 cupcake. While he liked his cupcake, he didn’t think the $3 was worth it. I, on the other hand was in love with my mudpie cupcake and ready to propose. They heated it up so it could be extra warm and gooey. Most of the desserts looked pretty nostalgic-versions of the twinkie, snoball, fig newton, etc. I didn’t realize it was on the FoodNetwork until I saw the owner and recognized her from “Recipe for Success.” I think this place is known for the beautiful cake designs to order. Overall I liked it and would come back (especially for dessert)-not to generalize, but I think I would bring the girls this time. Unfortunately, my husband said he would not return because he thought it wasn’t worth the price.

Chicken Waldorf Salad

Creamy as one would expect-lettuce, chicken, fried apple bits. Hits the spot when craving a sweet salad.

Mudpie cupcake

To die for-heated up for ultra chocolatey melts in your mouth yumminess. Pretty rich so I couldn’t finish it, but still loved it.

Deviled eggs

You get 3 for $1.50. These make a great side dish.

Bakeries BYOB Dinner

Angel Food Bakery  Restaurant Reviews

Angel Food Bakery is located near the cities of Pilsen, Armour Square, Near South Side, Mc Kinley Park, and Near West Side.
People found this by searching for: Angel Food Bakery Chicago Menu, Angel Food Bakery Chicago, Food Network (Copies ;Twinkies Etc.), Angel Food Bakery Malted Milk Cupcakes Mini, Chicago Cake Bakeries And Malted Milk Ball Cake, Andel Food Bakery Chicago, 1636 W Montrose Ave, Chicago, Il 60613, and Angel Food Bakery.