13108 Ne 70th Pl
Kirkland, WA 98033

Anju

Neighborhoods: South Rose Hill
Cuisine: Indian, Lunch, Vegetarian

Anju is a Indian, Lunch, and Vegetarian restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped less than 15%.

pfc_om photo

pfc_om

Bellevue, WA

Disgraceful Experience

I decided to buy a gift certificate for this restaurant from restaurant.com and take my wife along with another couple here on Friday July 8th 2011. Well i did. Here is a low down of what happened.

We reached the restaurant at 8:30 PM and saw that but for one table the restaurant was full. The floor manager said there is a wait for 30 minutes. So, we said we will wait. Then he saw one table leaving and asked us to wait for a couple of minutes until he clears the table. Fair enough!. Then he got us seated. Water was served. And the wait began. We did not have a server attend to us for the next 20 minutes. The servers were literally ignoring us, turning a blind eye. I had to wave at the server continuously for her to acknowledge me and come to our table. As we waited for 20 minutes we were very clear with what we wanted. So, we ordered 2 appetizers and 4 main course meals. The wait continued
By now almost 35 minutes had passed and the whole restaurant was almost empty with about just 4 tables occupied. We just kept waiting. The servers were roaming all around the restaurant without bothering to inform us on the wait time for our order. No appetizers yet.

We had to call the server again to ask for our order. She said she is going to check in the kitchen and give us a time. That’s it, she was not to be seen later.

We now just had our Mango Lassi’s on out table and it was about 10:05 PM. 1 hour and 5 minutes and no hint of any food coming to us. We observed it was not just us but many customers were left with no or just one plate of food on their table. We again had to call the server. This time a different server came in and sad it may take at least about 20 more minutes for our food to arrive as the cook was cooking the order per ticket.

This just ticked me off. I immediately asked her to get me my check as we were leaving. 1 hour 20 minutes to get your appetizer in? No matter how busy the restaurant is, which it wasn’t much considering there are hardly 12 tables in the restaurant with 8 empty tables, you don’t expect to get your order of appetizer to arrive in 1 hour and 20 minutes. The server proceeded to get the floor manager in.

Now this guy made us feel extremely unwanted. He said, in verbatim “I cannot stop you from leaving, you may as well if you wish to. I am sorry"

I have never had such bad service in my entire life. No food in time, no service, no courtesy. To make it worse, he even made us pay for the Mango lassi.

By the time we left the restaurant it was 10:20 PM and all the other restaurants were already closed. So, what was supposed to be a cozy peaceful dinner with my wife and fellow couple turned out to be a damp squib we had to go home and cook dinner at 11 PM.

We felt extremely humiliated and unwanted. I do not recommend this restaurant to anyone. ts a shame!!

Very Yummy and Tasty Food, Loved it.

My first day in Redmond at Anju’s Indian Flair was osem.
I’had Vegetarian Kathi Roll filled with grilled vegetables, onions and shredded Carrot really a India’s best food ever found in seattle area. The dine-in experience with Spiced Eggplant with Potato, ghar ke root and LASSI malai marke made me feel at home. Talked to Anju, she was open to ideas and willing to provide fresh food with no cream and artificial mixed flavors. I loved the idea of Starting Thali plate next week at reasonable prize everyday with couple of new dishes and desert. Looking forward to have some breakfast chole bhature, chai and Paranthe. Makki ke root sarso sa saag with Lassi… aye haye punjabi khana swad he ajuga.

Service is good and very friends environment with India music.
“Sheela, sheela ke jawani”," Munnin badnam hui" and old songs.
Would like to hear some punjabi music too next time.

I’ll probably just stick to Anju kitchen for tasty yummy India food.

“Feel at Home”

Kathi Roll, Spiced Eggplant with Potato, Lassi

Yummy tasty food with fresh vegetables..!!!!!!!

Indian Lunch Takeout
Sun,Tue-Thu 05:00PM - 09:00PM (Dinner)
Sun-Sat 11:30AM - 02:30PM (Lunch)
Fri-Sat 05:00PM - 10:30PM (Party Nights Dinner Hours)
Romio's Pizza & Pasta

Catering in Totem Lake

Dinner Delivery Plus

Deli in Totem Lake

Anju  Restaurant Reviews

Anju is located near the cities of Houghton, Juanita, Totem Lake, Beaux Arts Village, and Hunts Point.
People found this by searching for: Anju Kirkland, Anju's Redmond, Anju Restaurant Kirkland, Anjus Rous, Punjabi Restaurant Inkrikland Wa, Anju Indian Restaurant In Kirkland, Anjus Kitchen, and Bistro Anju Menu.