18 E Patrick St
Frederick, MD 21701

Anne's Steakhouse

Neighborhoods: Downtown
Cuisine: Steakhouse, Ribs, Steak

Anne's Steakhouse is a Steakhouse, Ribs, and Steak restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped less than 15%.

FreddyFood photo

FreddyFood

Poor Service/Decent Food

I live in Frederick and am very familiar w/the Frederick restaurant scene. I’m also fortuante to dine at fine restaurants in Baltimore, DC, etc. This restaurant doesn’t stand a chance to survive long term in Frederick. While the food is decent, service is awful. From the point we ordered, it took about 25 minutes for apps and 1 hour 5 min for the entrees to arrive. Other tables were having the same problem. Patrons were complaining left & right. My take is that there is lack of leadership. No manager is on duty. Other reviews I have read confimed this too. My recommendation is to avoid this restaurant. You’ll leave frustrated as the poor service will dampen your evening.

FrederickNative photo

FrederickNative

Frederick, MD

Tied for worst service and food in Frederick

After reading the other reviews of Anne’s Steakhouse and Seafood on Patrick Street I know it wasn’t just our imagination…our recent “meal” there was a real disappointment. The fact that there was only one other table occupied on a busy weekend evening should have been the tip off, but as one other reviewer wrote, it looks very nice from the outside.

We were there a total of an hour and spent the first 25 minutes waiting for tea, then another 15 minutes for our appetizers to arrive. At that point we asked that the bill and soup/sandwich be brought right away. All were lukewarm and unappetizing.

I sincerely hope our server has a “day job” because I don’t think she can support herself on tips! I used to be a waiter and always start at 20% tip when I walk in the door – then the actual tip either goes up or down, depending on service. We left no tip on this occasion which I only do in the very worst situations.

Appetizers looked amateurish and poorly put together. Mine was not edible and my companion’s was OK. Our server had no comment when she took away my appetizer, minus one bite. Both of our main selections were hot dishes, and both arrive lukewarm, as if they had been prepared and left sitting for 20+ minutes before being plopped down in front of us in a “take it or leave it” manner.

When we asked to speak to the manager we were told there was none on duty, and that the same chef who had (not)cooked our meal had the final say as to whether we had to pay for our partially cooked food. His/Her verdict, we had to pay over $30 and left hungry.

The only apology came from the water server who came to our table much more often than our waitress. A great place to go if you are on a water diet, but Frederick has so many wonderful restaurants please visit one of them and avoid Anne’s Steakhouse and Seafood on Patrick Street!

maryhd photo

maryhd

Carlisle, PA

Stakehouse, nothing to do with Steak

This restaurant ought to be banned by Frederick’s famous Restaurant Row. From the outside, it looks charming but inside is a mystery. Service is abominably slow; a one hour dinner claimed 2 hours in a noisy backroom environment. The server was continually elusive about when the meal was coming. After an hour, one salad appeared! A ceasar salad with bottled (or so it tasted) dressing, no sign of fresh parmesan cheese, no hint of anchovie and no croutons. Great start. Finally a breadbasket appeared with nondescript white bread, with bread plates literally thrown on the table. One person at the table ordered soup because he had a sore throat, and that arrived lukewarm and not helpful on the throat, nor tasty to the palate. The noisy environment in the back room was just enough that our family dinner resulted in all of us feeling hearing impaired and missing the normal closeness of the family group, which had come an hour north and an hour south of Frederick to meet up for dinner.

Shepherd's Pie

This was a passable Stouffer’s version of the original. Very soupy, it seemed as if it was yesterday’s vegetable beef soup covered with nondescript, unseasoned mashed potatoes, possibly frozen. The taste was good but only because I was so hungry from slow service. My dogs loved the leftovers, which is why two stars appear instead of one. I also had two watered martinis struck me as having no tang, and the olives were actually mushy, a no-no for martini drinkers.

DavidMA photo

DavidMA

Arlington, VA

The worst customer service ever

This was the worst service experience I have ever had. Even though we had a reservation at Anne’s, we were sat in a room shared with Patrick’s Irish Pub next door, which was much louder, busier and less comfortable than Anne’s dining room (the room visible from the street) appeared to be. When we asked about all the empty tables in Anne’s, our server told us that all those tables had been reserved; later we asked another staff member who told us that there had been no reservations. Apart from the server lying to us, she was very slow to return to the table and quick to leave before we could ask for additional drinks and remind her of things she had forgotten. The server took orders from a table who sat down 10 minutes after us well before she took ours. We sat for 45 minutes before the first drinks arrived, another 15 before the server brought bread, and another 25 before our orders arrived. Every time we asked our server about our food, she said “it would be out soon.” At no point did she apologize, try to excuse, or even acknowledge the unreasonable length of time we had been waiting. Our water was never refilled once during the entire evening despite repeated requests. When we went to speak with the restaurant manager, we were informed that the manager was out serving a table – turns out, she was our terrible server! This was puzzling because there were extra waitstaff at the restaurant – the manager appeared to be hogging the tables in the back section while other servers were standing around, unable to do anything.

When the food arrived, one of the dishes had gone cold. The food was otherwise quite good, but the entrees were terribly overpriced given the terrible atmosphere and awful service we received.

Shrimp Scampi

The food was okay, but by the time it came I was hungry enough to eat anything.

DSL photo

DSL

OK food, bad service

We’ve been a couple of times. The service tends to be slow and unfriendly. The food is OK, but there is much better in Frederick. We wouldn’t return.

Filet Mignon

A little tough for a filet, particularly for the price. Not awful but no better than Outback.

Steakhouse Parking Ribs

Anne's Steakhouse  Restaurant Reviews

Anne's Steakhouse is located near the cities of Urbana and Ballenger Creek.
People found this by searching for: Anne's Steakhouse Frederick Md, Annie's Steakhouse Frederick Md, Annie's Attic Frederick Md, Annie S Steak House Frederick, Anne's Steak House, Frederick, Annies Steakhouse Frederick Md, Annes Steakhouse, Anne's Steakhouse, and Anne's Steakhouse Frederick.