5823 W Burnham St
West Allis, WI 53219-1525

Antigua Latin Restaurant

(Between W Beloit Rd/S 58th St and S 59th St)

Cuisine: Latin American, Catering, Gluten Free

Antigua Latin Restaurant is a Latin American, Catering, and Gluten Free restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

Pros
"Great service and atmosphere. Food was very good."
"Great food and service!"
  • 4/15/2015

A Latin American food lover from Chicago, IL tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Great service and atmosphere. Food was very good.
  • 7/26/2014

Pros
    Great food and service!
TinaMilwaukee photo

TinaMilwaukee

Brown Deer, WI

Healthy food that tastes better than the fatty foods!

Antigua just gets it.They realize that we are trying to eat healthier and local. Their dishes are extremely flavorful without being overly calorie laden. This is one of the few restaurants in the Milwaukee area where you can order an salad or appetizer, entree, and desert
while keeping your calories under 1200. Or for those on Weight Watchers about 15 points.
The service is always impeccable. Typically one server is dedicate to a few tables. This ensures that the server is not distracted or overburdened. As a result they are quick to refill your drink and bring dishes to the table. Added to that is the ample parking lot.
Perhaps the best thing about Antigua is that they make you feel like you are a member of the family. It is almost like you are their long lost Abuela who deserves and commands respect. Even if that weren’t enough learning about their commitment to educating their staff is so impressive.

Kimbme2 photo

Kimbme2

Milwaukee, WI

A good place with a menu that I would like to explore

We went for dinner and found Antiqua is small but has a comfortable atmosphere. Our waitress was familar with the menu and suggested Sangrias to go with our meal.We each enjoyed a different Sangria. This is a place to try and they have some good specials for happy hour and on Tuesdays when they offer a ratating menu of Mexico’s street food. I have also noticed, since I live close, that they have wine tastings and cooking classes. Very interesting place!

LeAnnJ photo

LeAnnJ

Not your Typical South of the Border Meal

Antigua is a small and quaint restaurant found in a West Allis neighborhood, nearly bordering West Milwaukee. I believe this is their second location since originally opening and the atmosphere is quite nice! (I had not been to their previous location to compare it to, however…). I made my second trip to Antigua recently with a group of about 10 of us. Our table was set and ready to go when we got there and our server did a great job of taking care of us. The menu at Antigua specializes in Southern and Latin American cuisine and each menu item is designated as to which country it was inspired by or originated from. Everything came out looking fresh and visually appetizing. The Thursday night special was 4 Tapas for $25 which I elected to split with a fellow diner – giving us a chance to sample several items at once. Another fellow diner ordered the Salmon con Zarzamoras – a fresh Norwegian salmon covered in Antigua’s unique blackberry sauce and absolutely raved about it. Another diner usually orders the Camarones Antigua – Shrimp stuffed with melted cheese and wrapped in bacon, served over a mirror of a spicy sauce – which he highly recommends, but opted for a different menu selection that night. Another diner ordered the Mole Poblano – Chicken covered in a traditional mole sauce made with nuts, chocolate and pasilla pepper – which he allowed me to sample. I’ve only had mole once or twice previously so tough to make a comparison but for me, it could have used a little more heat. Overall, our experience at Antigua was just wonderful. If you are in the mood for some spicy flavors, but are bored with “traditional Mexican” I highly recommend giving Antigua a try. Muy delicioso!

Empanaditas Argentinas

Three pastry pockets filled with sweet pork picadillo, made with dried fruits, mixed nuts and raisins. Served with our delicious Chimichurri sauce.
Of the 4 tapas that my fellow diner and I tried, this was probably my least favorite – but it was still quite tasty – which is to say that all 4 of the tapas were quite good!
As part of the overall dining experience they serve a plate of 3 mini complementary appetizers, of which one of them is an empanadita… so if you enjoy the complementary appetizer you will most definitely enjoy the full order… just more to love!

Mexican Seviche

Marinated shrimp with lime juice, onions, tomatoes, cilantro, served with tortilla chips. Topped with avocado slices, and our special citrus tomato sauce.
Yum, yum, yum! Probably my 3rd favorite Tapa of the 4. This was originally my first choice and I had no intention of sharing it, but I’m glad I did – so that I could try the other two my diner companion ordered! However, I would like to go back and order this all for myself cause it was outstanding – and light, and simple. A great dish to beat the summer heat!

Chochinita Sliders

Three small pulled pork sandwiches with pickled red onions, and garnished with fresh cilantro.
The description of these sandwiches really doesn’t do these sliders any justice! Sounds so simple and maybe a bit bland/boring, but these were definitely my (and my fellow diner’s) favorite tapa of the 4. Just delicious! I don’t know if it was the seasoning on the pork or the pickled onions or the cilantro itself or a combination of all 3 that give this dish such great flavor but if you like a little more heat – definitely give this dish a try. The spice sneaks up on you – but a in a good way… More please!

Guacaomole with Roasted Poblano's and Corn

Freshly made guacamole, made with perfectly ripped avocados, onions, cilantro, tomatoes, lime juice, roasted poblano pepper and corn; sprinkled with Mexican crumbling cheese. Served with our homemade tortilla chips.
This menu item is not currently listed on their online menu but it’s basically their basic guacamole with the added poblano pepper and corn. Hands down this is some of the best guacamole I’ve ever had. So silky smooth and the poblano peppers really add some nice flavor without being overpowering. This was my second favorite tapa of the 4. And the chips are thicker and more durable than some restaurant chips – they really hold up nicely to the guacamole. So good!

Bouvie photo

Bouvie

Antigua Latin Restaurant

I went here for the first time for dinner with a friend on her birthday. Very clean and cheerful with some of the most welcoming staff I’ve meet in many years. Extensive menu from several Latin countries. I had the Mole Poblano, chicken breast in mole sauce, more than 15 ingredients, nuts, chocolate, dried peppers and raisins. Outstanding! $13.79

Mole Poblano

eryngo photo

eryngo

Has potential... I'll be back

Antigua has daily Happy Hour specials… we went on a Wednesday for their proclaimed “2-for-1 drinks and complimentary appetizers.” We interpreted the word complimentary to mean free, and the word appetizer to mean their tapas section of the menu (since the word appetizer wasn’t on the menu). In reality, our server clarified that the “complimentary appetizer” was in reference to their “house appetizer” (also not on the menu) which consisted of a one-bite quesadilla, one-bite empanada and a one-bite… er, potato thing… per person. Very misleading but since the 13 of us were already there and had ordered our drinks, we felt tricked into staying.

On the upside, the service was very good (thank you Michele & Hector), the drinks were tasty and the menu was so interesting that I had a difficult time making up my mind!

Camarones Antigua at Antigua Latin Restaurant

Camarones Antigua

This dish was described as shrimp stuffed with cheese and wrapped in bacon, served with cilantro rice and a side of house salad. While I didn’t pick up on any cheese, it was fairly rich (so maybe a very mild cheese) and the bacon was nice and crispy. Possibly as a result of the well-done bacon, the shrimp was overdone and tough. But overall, a fairly good dish.

Latin American Catering Parking

Antigua Latin Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

Antigua Latin Restaurant is located near the cities of West Milwaukee and Wauwatosa.
People found this by searching for: Las Palmas West Allis Menu, Antigua Foods, Menu For Antiqua Restaurant In West Allis, Healthy Food That Delivers Near Me West Allis, Wi, Restaurants In Antigua And Their Menu Prices, and Antigua Menu West Allis.