105 Chestnut St
Ames, IA 50010

Applebee's

Cuisine: Burgers, Salads, Grill

Applebee's is a Burgers, Salads, and Grill restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends and paid between $10 and $25.

• 5/17/2017

A Burgers chowhound from Des Moines, IA tried it.

• 11/11/2014

A diner from Dallas, TX tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

BananaWoo photo

BananaWoo

Minneapolis, MN

A Few Bad Food Experiences

I would go all other places (except maybe Carlos O’Kelly’s) in Ames before this Applebee’s. I have nothing personally against Applebee’s, but the one in Ames has always greatly disappointed me. I once had some unusual looking hair in my salad and another time my food, which was a penne pasta dish, was cold. I can’t remember anything positive about the food and thus it lost its appeal to me.

Okay, I’m going to try and be a little more constructive here. After working in the restaurant industry for a majority of my life I know that it’s a lot of work. It was probably not fair of me to blatantly bash Applebee’s in Ames with out constructively explaining myself.

Overall, this Applebee’s is what it is. It is a chain, but the worst restaurant in the world? No. I will take back what I said about going all other places in Ames before Applebee’s, but I will say that from personal experience it has never been fantastic. However, the staff has always been pleasant, our service has always been timely and for a game and a beer I wouldn’t protest against this place.

I had a couple bad experiences dining here, but that doesn’t mean everything is horrible. This, like all my other reviews are just the singular opinion of the diner.

Shenanigans.

Burgers Salads Grill

Applebee's  Restaurant Reviews

People found this by searching for: Applebees Ames, Applebees Ames Iowa Menu, Applebee's Pomegranate Martini, Applebee Ames Ia Menu, Applebees Ames Iowa, Applebees Menu Ames Iowa, Applebys Ames Iowa, Applebee, Ames, Ia, and Ames Applebees.