4050 Rue de Bullion
Montréal, QC H2W 2E5

Arepera du plateau

(Near the intersection of Rue de Bullion and Avenue Duluth E)

Neighborhoods: Jeanne-Mance
Cuisine: South American, Venezuelan, Gluten Free

Arepera du plateau is a South American, Venezuelan, and Gluten Free restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends and paid less than $10.

rwarren69 photo

rwarren69

Montréal, QC

Latin flair

I was here for supper with a small group. This is a super-tiny place with a few seats as well as a takeout counter. The waiter was very friendly and happy to explain the menu to us, as we were quite unfamiliar with the cuisine.

The specialty here is arepas: sizable, crunchy corn pancakes. Most of us ate them as sandwiches, with a small salad on the side. Two of our group ordered a plate — essentially a deconstructed arepa sandwich, in larger portions with some rice.

During our dinner there was a live guitarist who was very amusing. He sang happy birthday in Spanish even though it wasn’t anyone’s birthday. He even sang Feliz Navidad, even though it was March!

I did not stay for dessert, but I would probably return if I were in the area.

#8 Pabellon Pollo

Pulled chicken, black beans, plantain, and feta cheese were sandwiched between two arepas. There was no sign of the tomato sauce that the chicken was supposed to be stewed in. On its own, it was a bit dry and bland — but squirt on some of the avocado sauce (the green one) and the whole really sang. I did not try the hot sauce (the red one). Accompanying the sandwich was a very small salad, with no discernible dressing and some extremely hard chips on the top.

soursop (guayabana) juice

A thick white juice, made from concentrate with no sugar added. It was served very cold and it was quite refreshing.

South American Plateau Venezuelan

Arepera du plateau  Restaurant Reviews

Arepera du plateau is located near the cities of Saint Laurent, Mont Royal, St Laurent, Mount Royal, and Mt Royal.
People found this by searching for: Arepera Du Plateau, Arepera Du Plateau Menu, and Arepera Montreal Menu.