16 W Randolph St
Chicago, IL 60601

Argo Tea

Neighborhoods: Loop
Cuisine: Cafe, Gluten Free, Breakfast

Argo Tea is a Cafe, Gluten Free, and Breakfast restaurant where most Menuism users paid less than $10.

annie photo

annie

Chicago, IL

Showing Love

My follow-up review for this restaurant. Read my previous review for this restaurant here

After coming here almost daily all summer, I have to say that I love the staff here. Aesthetically, there are some really cute guys working. But they’re all just reliably friendly and helpful. Just today I came in for the afternoon, bought a $4 drink like I normally do, but then had to leave. I returned a few hours later and brought a 75 cent chocolate to the counter, explaining that I just had some work to do and didn’t want to buy anything too expensive.

“Oh, no, it’s fine,” the girl behind the counter said. “You don’t have to buy anything.”

And I said, “No, really, I’d feel bad just using this place for the Wifi.”

“No, seriously, it’s fine,” she said. “I see you in here all the time.”

I’m sure that’s the kind of behavior managers hate, but it’s really excellent customer service. Annnnd that’s why I love the Argo staff. Come to this Argo and show some <3.

justin photo

justin

Convenient location, nice tables, pricey tea

While the tea at Argo is ok, it’s pricey now that I’ve tried Hi Tea in the South Loop. At Hi Tea you can get a pot of tea for about $4 that includes the leaves so you can just get a refill of hot water to have more tea. At Argo, a cup of tea is $4 or if you get a pot of tea, you don’t get the leaves…aren’t they my leaves?

Anyways, the only reason I come to this Argo is to work. I suck it up and buy something to be fairly use the wifi and tables. This location has 2 levels with plenty of tables and free wifi. Downstairs, they have fantastic library-style kiosk tables that are fantastic for productivity. The tables force you into an alert working position that makes you feel ultra-productive. It’s phenomenal.

The other peeves about this argo are the spotty wifi that gives out periodically and the token-based bathrooms which are sort of a nuisance.

But, if you’re downtown and looking for a place to be productive, hit the library tables at Argo then take the rest of the day off.

Cinnamon Scone

Pretty tasty and moist scone. Good cinnamon flavor.

Custom Pot of Tea (Gunpowder Green Tea)

Serves about 2 cups. Not bad, but no leaves so you can’t get a refill. Boo.

Argo Tea is very much the Starbucks of tea, in terms of s...

Argo Tea is very much the Starbucks of tea, in terms of selection, but their product is very well-selected and well-brewed. Their crosstown-imported pastries are fresh despite the travel and their Almond Maté drink is wonderful.

Cafe Gluten Free Takeout
Sat 08:00AM - 11:00PM
Sun 08:00AM - 09:00PM
Mon 07:00AM - 09:00PM
Tue-Fri 07:00AM - 11:00PM

Argo Tea  Restaurant Reviews

Argo Tea is located near the cities of Pilsen, Armour Square, Near South Side, Mc Kinley Park, and Near West Side.
People found this by searching for: Refill Argo Tea, Argo Tea Chicago Randolph Street, Argo Tea Chicago, Argo Tea Bubble Tea, Chicago/Argo Tea Cafe/W Randolph St, Argo Tea Restaurant, Argo Tea Uniform, Bubble Tea Loop 5, and 2 Interviews With Argo Tea.