5041 Geary Blvd

Saburof tried it.

grubalicioussf photo

grubalicioussf

San Francisco, CA

Ariake - what is all the hype about?

I had heard and read great things about this place so I finally decided to stop in for lunch with my kids one weekday afternoon. There was only one other table occupied by two women with whom the sushi chef was speaking much of the time we were there. Our server was gruff and seemed almost annoyed by our presence. The friendliest person in the restaurant was one of the two customers at the neighboring table who struck up conversation with me and my kids.

The food was not impressive. There are so many other great authentic Japanese restaurants in town, our family won’t be going back.

Chicken Udon

My daughter and I shared the udon which had a strange, salty broth, uncharacteristic of authentic udon. The chicken itself had no taste, and my daughter who normally scarfs up noodles, left most of hers untouched.

beef teriyaki and tempura bento box

Two of my son’s favorite foods are beef teriyaki and shrimp tempura. Unfortunately, the beef arrived at our table cold, as if it had been in the refrigerator and they didn’t heat it up thoroughly. The tempura was just so-so. I had to feed him when we got home.

Saba nigiri

My " test" for sushi places is the quality of their saba, I am a saba junkie. I was disappointed to find that the fish was dry and didn’t have much taste. I stopped there and didn’t order any more sushi.

Japanese Sushi Good For Kids
Mon-Sat 11:30AM - 02:30PM
Mon-Sat 05:00PM - 11:00PM

Ariake  Restaurant Reviews

Ariake is located near the cities of Hayes Valley, Mission District, , Chinatown, and Haight Ashbury.
People found this by searching for: Ariake Sushi Sf, 5041 Geary Boulevard Restaurant, Ariake Sf Sushi Menu, Ariataka.Sushi.Sf, Ariake Geary, Ariake Menu San Francisco, Ariake Sushi Menu Geary Blvd, and Ariake Sushi Geary Menu.