Armstrong's

Cuisine: Italian, Catering, Lunch

Armstrong's is a Italian, Catering, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped less than 15%.

Overall
Pros
"I love their veal park,always tender and delicious. Ive going here since I was a teenager.absolutely love this place!"
"The food quality carries the other deficiency's. The waitress's suck."
"Soup salD"
"U"
"Food, kid f riendly"
"The food was very good "
"I think its a shame that you do not take bookings for your partition in the back, communion, confirmation etc"
"Fast friendly super good and quick service."
"Service was fast! Friendly service and staff."
"Delicious food"
"Cheesticks"
"Serving size and quality for price paid, friendly servers"
Cons
"expensive"
"Would like a cozier atmosphere "
Comments
"Your employees that answer the phones are so rude. It maybe good food, but customer service needs some focusing on"
"Pumpkin cheesecake is the best ever! "
"Generous portions"
CoupleDinning photo

CoupleDinning

West Mifflin, PA

Great Service Good Food

My husband and I went to Armstrong’s for the first time on a Friday a busy night to eat out. The service was wonderful, we never waited for anything, the food was really good.

burgrc8b photo

burgrc8b

armstrongs restaurant whitehall

THE MENU IS OK. YOU HAVE TO BE CAREFUL ON WHAT YOU ORDER. MAKE THE WAITRESS SPECIFY. FOR INSTANCE, IF YOU ORDER A STEAK ANYTHING
IT COMES WITH ROASTBEEF ON IT. I WAS TOLD BY THE MANAGER THAT IF YOU WANTED STEAK ON A STEAK HOAGIE, YOU HAVE TO ASK FOR IT???? NOT SURE WHAT THAT MEANS?
I GUESS $9.00 HOAGIE ISNT ENOUGH TO PUT STEAK ON IT..

tdmom photo

tdmom

Bad service and food

We were there last week. The waitress was terrible. She never paid attention to us. People who came after us were getting waited on and served their meals before us by other waitresses. Our waitress never came to ask if we needed anything or if we needed our water and drinks refilled. We asked for boxes to take our food home and that took 15 minutes. This is the first time I left without leaving a tip. That is how bad she was. The food was terrible. The barbecue wings were coated in this think barbecue sauce that almost chocked you. The crab meat in the stuffed scrod was so over seasoned I couldn’t eat it. We will never eat there again.

clupner photo

clupner

Local Favorite

Great local food, huge portions, service is good, taste is great.

Baked Ziti

Cheesy, yummy saucy good…can’t describe how great this dish is…have to go and try it yourself.

Paul2461 photo

Paul2461

Rediculous

I can’t review their food – I wanted to order takeout and they literally don’t have a website, or an online menu. I reminded them that this was 2012, and asked how they expected anyone to order takeout without an online menu. The answer: “I dunno.”

Please – if you’re not taking your business seriously, you can’t be taking the food seriously. Lots of other options – I’ll go somewhere that operates in the 21st century.

February 24, 2011

Good Food, Terrible Wait Staff

Food is decent but the management and the waitresses are garbage. The manager was throwing a little nerf football around the dining room at waitresses while they were trying to do their jobs (and flirt with him at the same time). Two…
November 14, 2009

Lacks consistency!!

Usually a good central place to meet with friends from around the city. Food is a 6-8/10; portions are generous; parking in Caste Village parking lot is free. Service is erratic & depends on the waitress you get. Some of the older ones are…
October 7, 2009

Decent Take Out Food

I eat Armstong's regularly as take-out. The Hickory BBQ Burger and Rueben are my faves. Good sized sandwiches. Also eat the Stuffed Banana Peppers which are always delicious. The stuffed mushrooms and crab balls tend to be greasy and…

Italian Catering Dinner

Armstrong's  Restaurant Reviews

• 11/15/2016 A diner from US tried it.

• 11/08/2016 A diner from Pittsburgh, PA tried it.

• 8/28/2016 A diner from West Mifflin, PA tried it.

• 7/15/2016 A diner from Pittsburgh, PA tried it and liked it.

• 6/30/2016 A diner from US tried it.

• 6/18/2016 A diner from Pittsburgh, PA tried it.

• 5/14/2016 A diner from Clairton, PA tried it.

• 5/02/2016 A diner from Pittsburgh, PA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
  • 4/11/2016 A diner from Flushing, MI tried it.

• 4/04/2016 A diner from Monroe, MI tried it.

Armstrong's is located near the cities of Pgh, Downtown, Mount Washington, Strip District, and Mt Washington.
People found this by searching for: Armstrong Resturant Whitehall Pittsburgh Pa, Armstrongs Pittsburgh, Armstrong's Restaurant Pittsburgh, Armstrong's Restaurant Pittsburgh Pa, Armstrong's Pittsburgh Menu, Armstrong's Pittsburgh, and Armstrong's Restaurant Pittsburgh Menu.