2027 Sawtelle Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90025

Asahi Ramen

Neighborhoods: West Los Angeles
Cuisine: Japanese, Ramen, Noodle Shop

Asahi Ramen is a Japanese, Ramen, and Noodle Shop restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

• 11/15/2014

A Japanese chowhound from San Jose, CA tried it.

• 4/21/2013

A Japanese food lover from Irvine, CA tried it.

QB

Asahi Ramen was the first ramen house that I have been to...

Asahi Ramen was the first ramen house that I have been to. After watching Naruto eat ramen religiously I knew I had to try it out and I wasn’t disappointed.

Upon entering the restaurant, the waitresses will all (yes all of them) greet you and promptly seat you unless all the tables are full. They will bring you water with lemon and some pickled vegetables (usually cucumber) to start off with while browsing their menu.

The menu has a small variety of different dishes, but I always go for the ramen which generally includes noodles, sliced pork meats, half a boiled egg, sweetened bamboo, ground pork, lots of green onions and bean sprouts. I usually order the Miso Ramen, which includes all of the above in a miso flavor broth. The size of the bowls are huge and I can barely finish it even though I can eat a lot. Most of the bowl will be broth and noodles with a small amount of additional toppings unless you order a meaty ramen. Overall, the broths tend to be a little bit on the salty side so drinking lots of water will be a must. Just keep in mind that most people won’t be able to finish the entire bowl including all the broth.

Price of ramen bowls range from $6.50 to $8 and most other dishes will also fall in that price range. Definitely a great place to order to go as well because the quantity of the ramen bowls is enough for two meals.

As for parking, beware that parking along Sawtelle, especially during lunch and dinner hours, can be quite a pain. There is metered parking along the streets but it may be hard to find parking because there are several restaurant and food shops along that stretch of road. Metered parking is $0.25 per hour.

4 Stars for great service.

justin photo

justin

iPhone dining journal

Our go-to ramen place around here. Only...

Our go-to ramen place around here. Only nuisances are the parking and cash only.

Chashu Ramen at Asahi Ramen

Chashu Ramen

Lots of chashu pork pieces. The broth could be richer but it feels like one of the healthier ramens I’ve had. The pork is lean too.

Gyoza at Asahi Ramen

Gyoza

Thin wrapping and good meat.

sushifoode photo

sushifoode

Burbank, CA

Asahi Ramen

Its been a while since I have been there. I ordered Chasu ramen. You get a small plate of tsukemono. We got cucumbers in a kim chee like sauce. Its not hot or as strong real kim chee. The first thing that strikes me when my order arrives is that it is so visually appealing. The slices of pork are neatly arranged along the sides of the bowl. The pork was very lean. The bean sprouts,boiled half egg and the other condiment which I forgot the name but it is usually found in ramen are again neatly place in the own spot and green onions covers the bowl. The broth is good, not salty or too oily and the noodles are tasty. If you do not like a lot of pork, order the shoyu ramen. Its the same thing with less pork.

chasu ramen

JoyceHuynh

Pasadena, CA
0 useful

Asahi Ramen  Restaurant Reviews

Asahi Ramen is located near the cities of Civic Center Little Tokyo, Sanford, Dockweiler, Windsor Hills, and August F Haw.
People found this by searching for: Ashai Ramen, Ramen Noodle Restaurant Los Angeles, Shoyu Ramen, Asahi Ramen Menu, Ramen Sawtelle Los Angeles, Asahi Ramen Sawtelle, Japanese Ramen Los Angeles, Ramen Restaurant Los Angeles, and Asahi Ramen.