9 College St
South Hadley, MA 01075-1403

Autentica!

Cuisine: Mexican, Fast, Catering

Autentica! is a Mexican, Fast, and Catering restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

annie photo

annie

Chicago, IL

The Mount Holyoke Mexican Option.

The major problem I have with Autentica! is the mean guy behind the counter who glares at you while you’re ordering and glowers at you while you’re standing around waiting for your food. I would go more often if I didn’t have to deal with the bizarre fury of that dude.

The restaurant is really tiny and I wouldn’t stay here to eat – definitely get your food to go if you’re going to stop in here, or else you’re going to be eating your dinner literally 5 feet away from the cook & (presumably) the manager. So uncomfortable.

Potato Burrito

It’s big. It’s not terrible. It’s just very bland. I pour pepper and pico de gallo (which I request specially) all over it to give it some flavor.

tohaveaplan photo

tohaveaplan

Attleboro, MA

Not taco bell

We visited before a movie on a Weds night. The place is small, garishly lit, and sparsely decorated. So you don’t eat here for the ambience.

The other reviewers must be students- and vegetarians at that- complaining that a potato or plain bean burrito is bland is well like stating the obvious- it can only have SO much flavor. But you know if you are that bored with your meal there is a salsa bar of eight different sauces to put on top!

As for the service, I can only imagine that the waitress was thrilled to see a real tipping customer and not just another student using their dining card to get takeout. She was VERY cordial and accomodating. As for takeout, I also noticed you can call ahead for your order, so why anyone would be standing around watching the cook and waiting for their order is beyond me!!!

Our experience overall was fast, curteous service, tasty, inexpensive food and food that was authentic mexican- not taco bell-like. For those who are used to the Americanized version of mexican, sorry this is NOT your kind of place.

Pozole Soup

Great flavor, spicy and tasty but not too hot. However, the Pozole (Hominy) should probably be added per order as it gets a bit soggy in the entire soup throughout the evening.

Pork Carnitas Burito

Savory, well sauted in cilantro and onions, and I was given a choice between black and kidney beans- I like choices. I really enjoyed it and had leftovers for the next day from this big burrito.

Chicken Fajita Dinner

Only had a bite of my friend’s but it left me a little jealous that I couldn’t eat two meals!

emmaloo photo

emmaloo

Amherst, MA

mediocre all around

I have to agree with the other review- the food is okay, but nothing to write home about, and the staff is unfriendly. The man usually working grunts at you on the phone, and usually just stands near the counter staring down you and any employee ringing you up. If the food was great, they could get away with this but it is just fair. Being from New England, I have low standards for Mexican food but the dishes here are often bland and not very hot temperature wise either. Today was the 3rd time they managed to get my order wrong as well. I give up!

Bean Burrito

Standard fare, with nicely fresh lettuce and veggies but no real flavor.

Potato Burrito

Just like the bean burrito, but with chunks of bland fried potato.

Mark7 photo

Mark7

South Hadley, MA

Absolutely terrible!

Bad service, bad atmosphere, worse food. DO NOT EAT HERE. the food was overpriced, tasted awful, it was not even close to anything ‘autentica’ and it wasnt even hot. It actually made us sick afterwards. They offered us chips and salsa and then charged us: 8 stale store bought chips, and the nastiest watery salsa i’ve ever had. you have to serve yourself from little vats that look like theyve been sitting there all week. The “chef” is a buffoon who spits when he talks, he even spit on our table! Im amazed theyre still in business. I dont usually post reviews — this is a warning to anyone considering eating there.
Mexican Fast Delivery
Mon-Sat 09:00AM - 09:00PM

Autentica!  Restaurant Reviews

Autentica! is located near the cities of and Granby.
People found this by searching for: Autentica South Hadley Ma, Autentica South Hadley Reviews, Authentica South Hadley, Review Of Autentica South Hadley, South Hadley, Ma And Restuarants And Pork Carnitas, Good Soup 01075, Hot Yoga 01075, Autentica South Hadley, and Authentica Mexican Food South Hadley Menu.